Kidderminster Saturday October 10th

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjljks
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kidderminster Saturday October 10th

Post by jjljks » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:00 pm

Saltmer MotM even though we conceded 3 goals. Speaks volumes about the outfield players. Just not competing & glad to see the 2 new lads getting a run out. They must be wondering WTF have I signed up for. Clueless

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:02 pm

Dial O for Omar

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:03 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:02 pm
Dial O for Omar
Do we want a player that doesn’t want to be here?

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:05 pm

First experience of watching Darlo in my spare room in West Yorkshire. . . . Great to be able to do this but erm yeah the game: I thought we looked pretty decent for the first seven seconds until Hatfield went off.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:07 pm

quakerste wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:41 pm
Reid and Hedley offer nothing in midfield
Yes very poor, real concern if Hatfields out for a while. A lot on Wheatleys shoulders.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Agree, worst performance under AA.
Men against boys was what we said under TW too often, but it reminded us of that today, shocking. Cant remember a shot on goal in second half.
We don’t look sharp or even fit. Even in the cup tie they dominated the last 20 mins.
Totally get that nearly all the injured players would have been playing but what’s that all about. Too many strains and pulls to be a coincidence for me, got to be down to poor preparation in some form.
Like McMahon so far, but need convincing that Hunt is the big dominant centre half we have been missing!
Am sure if we can get Campbell, McGuire, Atkinson, Hatfield back in team then we will see a big difference.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:13 pm

I thought Levi looked good for his cameo, would like to see him start

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:20 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:I thought Levi looked good for his cameo, would like to see him start
Same here, looked like he had something about him and this was a bonus from today.We need to know what the hell is the situation with Atkinson and Maguire, can the club honestly afford a repeat of last season with lads sidelined for long periods of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:22 pm

Very poor and deserved defeat after a bright opening 25 mins. Again same as last year where we create chances but rarely even get shots on target where as Kidderminster took there goals well, also had several shots "on target" well saved by Saltmer. New guys looked ok, Charman was isolated after 30 mins and looked as though he was carrying an injury, with little play through midfield and very slow build up with no urgency except McMahon although if Hatfield had stayed on it "may" have made a difference. I thought that we would do well this year, but think it maybe a tough time getting through these first few months with all the games coming fast. Personally didn't think Hedley did too bad but Reid and Rivers I thought added little today although there was no one stood out . Difficult for AA to put things right, as game on Tuesday so no training time.

Still early days and things may turn around quickly, but to be honest just please to be watching Darlo again.
Last edited by 50 years on Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:31 pm

Remember something that AA said last year when we had a lot of injuries around October/November, that we'd been so unlucky that the lads started feeling a bit sorry for themselves and that maybe played within themselves as they knew that there would be no-one on the bench who could provide a spark. Maybe there was an element of that today, that with playing again this midweek (and I think at the moment the cup is a priority financially) they were conserving themselves. One things for sure, It's not going to get any easier with 2 games a week most weeks, and I think we'll need to get more players on loan to be able to rotate the squad.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:32 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:20 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:I thought Levi looked good for his cameo, would like to see him start
Same here, looked like he had something about him and this was a bonus from today.We need to know what the hell is the situation with Atkinson and Maguire, can the club honestly afford a repeat of last season with lads sidelined for long periods of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If they are on contract we don't really have an option but put up with it. Do we?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:51 pm

Plenty of fire power when they are all fit but we are severely lacking in central midfield. Take Hatfield out of the equation and we will be mid table at best as he drives the team on.

Wheatley is a good foil for him but Reid and Hedley I'm afraid to say Northern league at best.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:56 pm

Yes two league games in is it 5 injured now, have alun and the rest of the team run over black cats, luck if it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any,
However I believe alun will have us in or around the top 7 come the end of the season hopefully,
Keep the faith lads and lasses as they say,things can only get better, and the only way is up as fairground attraction sing,

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Very disappointing especially 2nd half. Obviously injuries are crippling us(no pun intended) but what is really concerning is the lack of fight shown. Without Hatfield we didn’t seem to have any leadership or anyone willing to take the fight to the opposition.
Like others on here I have to question the number of injuries we are picking up. Holmes,Atkinson,Maguire,Campbell and now Hatfield is a real bodyblow. Also looks like Charman is struggling a bit as well.
All these injuries might be just coincidence but surely we need to see if our match preparation can be improved.
On another point I have expressed doubts about Saltmer but he deserved Man of the Match today as he made some decent saves and had no chance with the goals.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:04 pm

Really disappointing performance from us. Especially as we managed to get the lead even after Hatfield went off injured. Too many flashes of last season when we weren't at it, too slow, not testing their keeper enough. We know the injured players are a big miss but those coming in have to do more to stake their claim for a place. Hopefully it won't be too long till we see Hatfield, Campbell and Maguire in the side.

No need to panic 2 games into a 42 game season. But you'd hope Alun and Daz have given them a stern word about the level of performance. Alun will be back in the dugout on Tuesday night, hopefully that can be a bit of a catalyst for an improved performance and result. The FA cup money will be a big help to the general running of the club over the coming months. Onto Tuesday need a performance and a result against Tadcaster give us confidence going down to Leamington next Saturday.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:18 pm

Why has Alan not been in the dug out?

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:22 pm

quakerste wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:18 pm
Got a 3 game ban at the end of last season i believe, then season ended before it could be served. Cant remember which game its from.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:03 pm

quakerste wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:51 pm
Wheatley is a good foil for him but Reid and Hedley I'm afraid to say Northern league at best.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Huge knee-jerk reaction, a bit like a lot of our fan-base I guess.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:04 pm

JE93 wrote:
quakerste wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:18 pm
Got a 3 game ban at the end of last season i believe, then season ended before it could be served. Cant remember which game its from.
Must have been the last game then as I’m sure he was on the touch line v Farsley although that does seem a long time ago now.

Hedley did well last season filling in at right back and we’ve been told all along he’s a midfielder but he looked like a fish out of water today. As for Reid, I can only remember him playing well at York last season. He hasn’t impressed me much since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:20 pm

Not knee jerk reaction, fans are totally peed off ,a game where our goal was scored by the opponents along with 3 good goals for themselves.
We had no fight, no heart,no desire, no idea how to win today,s game.
It was a bloody shambles from 3rd minute in. I expect a much improved performance on Tuesday just to make up for such a dire performance from everyone except Saltmire who saved us from a thumping score line defeat.
Move on to Tuesday and hopefully a win. Alun performance has to improve.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:40 pm

Fortunately I was working today, so didn't get a chance to watch the game, sounds like I didn't miss much. Clearly the lack of a normal pre-season has hampered our preparations, but surely a lot of teams in our league are in the same position?

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:51 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:40 pm
Fortunately I was working today, so didn't get a chance to watch the game, sounds like I didn't miss much. Clearly the lack of a normal pre-season has hampered our preparations, but surely a lot of teams in our league are in the same position?
Yes, it will have impacted but I'd say that teams such as Fylde and Kidderminster being f/t would have had the ability to have had more structure to there preseason. I'm not trying to make excuses but injuries and ring rust do point towards a pretty poor quality preseason in these unpredictable times.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:30 pm

Knee jerk reaction or reality? If we can’t play better than that without Hatfield then we have got problems, Reid and Hedley are really struggling in midfield at this level.

bga

Post by bga » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:37 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:03 pm
quakerste wrote:

People just calling it as they see it why do you have a problem with that? Did you think it was a "positive" performance today?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:42 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:30 pm
Knee jerk reaction or reality? If we can’t play better than that without Hatfield then we have got problems, Reid and Hedley are really struggling in midfield at this level.
I have no idea if we can or not. Certainly don't think there is sufficient evidence to say we can't.

Reid and Hedley it sounds like they didn't play well today but "they are struggling in midfield at this level" you surely need more than 90 minutes and a single opponent to base it on.

Armstrong seemed to suggest it was less about quality and more about endeavour. He actually suggested that makes him feel worse but equally it is something which can be addressed.

Exaggerated conclusions based on minimal evidence is pretty much the definition of knee jerk.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:03 pm

The two managers summed it up really. Their manager said there was only one team in the game after they scored their equaliser and AA said that was because they worked harder and that was hard to take for him.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:12 pm

Are Kidderminster still a fully professional side? If they are then that could explain what happened today?

Darlogramps

Kidderminster Saturday October 10th

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:06 am

bga wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:03 pm
quakerste wrote:

People just calling it as they see it why do you have a problem with that? Did you think it was a "positive" performance today?
They’re not “calling it as they see it” though (that really is a tedious, meaningless phrase too). QuakerSte, DarloPartisan and the likes are wetting the bed on the basis of one bad 90 mins.

Last year Hedley was praised for his performances, Reid’s versatility was said to be a real asset.

Now, after one bad game, they’re only good enough for the Northern League? Do me a favour.

It’s hysterical kneejerking of the highest order.

Bad game today. Injuries are a factor, but not an excuse. We move on and make sure that doesn’t happen again. That’s all there is to it.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:28 am

Exactly - today wasn’t a “positive performance” as bga has kindly tried to put words in to my mouth. It was a poor performance however, I am not going to start calling players Northern League standard on the back of one poor game.

Reid & Hedley were poor but I don’t think a midfield two works well for Reid and it was the first match in the middle for Hedley in a Darlo shirt. To then start calling them Northern League standard is ridiculous and actually disrespectful.

Too much panicking going on in this thread, and on social media. Today was really poor after 25 minutes, but we do miss Hatfield & Campbell (our two best players) massively. Charman also - clearly - couldn’t run properly and was struggling (especially in the second half).

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:57 am

I' m afraid to say but it was not a knee jerk reaction last season when we played with two in the middle of the park we were poor it only improved as did our form when we played with three and put Holness in there. Unfortunately Holness decided he wanted to move on and has not been replaced which has weakened the team.

We have Atkinson, Reid and Hedley who can possibly play in the middle however non of them are box to box or creative players who will chip in with a few goals.

For me Alan has been far to loyal to certain players who are fringe/squad players at best Watson, Reid Hedley and we are yet to see Atkinson or the unfortunate Holmes.

In my eyes we should be progressing the team with a few of these players being released and fresh young blood brought through and brought on.

We are now in the position if Hatfield is going to be out for a couple of weeks I can seriously see us struggling with what we have got. That is not a knee jerk reaction but an observation from yesterday's game and my opinion of certain players