Let fans in

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

RonJeremy
Team Supported: Darlington, Man Utd.

Let fans in

Post by RonJeremy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:15 pm

Judging by the map after signing it looks like we haven’t had that many from the area signing.

Sign it and share it far and wide!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Let fans in

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:58 pm

Personally I would love to go to a match, but perhaps it’s not safe enough yet.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

RonJeremy
Team Supported: Darlington, Man Utd.

Post by RonJeremy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:29 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:58 pm
I do agree with you, but pubs are open and Boris is encouraging people to go to the cinema! That is what tipped me into supporting this.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:32 pm

The pub thing annoys me.

At about 6pm on Saturday I walked down our local high street and one of the pubs was rammed with people. Groups of more than six, tables close to each other, people stood up chatting and hardly anyone wearing a mask.

Most people are making sacrifices and being sensible, but it seems it’s another world once you step into certain pubs.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:08 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:32 pm
The pub thing annoys me.

At about 6pm on Saturday I walked down our local high street and one of the pubs was rammed with people. Groups of more than six, tables close to each other, people stood up chatting and hardly anyone wearing a mask.

Most people are making sacrifices and being sensible, but it seems it’s another world once you step into certain pubs.
The answer to that is simple shut them down!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:53 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Absolutely, so lets have the option. People who want to go to the match can go, people who do not want to go can watch the live stream.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:05 pm

RonJeremy wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:15 pm
Judging by the map after signing it looks like we haven’t had that many from the area signing.

Sign it and share it far and wide!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036
Signed & shared on my social media :thumbup:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:50 pm

RonJeremy wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:29 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I do agree with you, but pubs are open and Boris is encouraging people to go to the cinema! That is what tipped me into supporting this.
I still don't think people behave the same at a football match as they do at a pub or cinema.

I don't believe for a second that many people at the cinema or pub jump over barriers to steal others belongings, shout profanities at people who they don't even know and jump all over each other when last orders is called or the credits are shown.

That said I can see a marked difference between behaviour in all seater stadiums and terraces but I am not sure that is much help - and doesn't cover the pinch points on entry, exit and in the concourses.

I find it quite a very lazy comparison when people say yes but this is open.

It's like the suggestions that differences between funerals and weddings are illogical. Who behaves the same at weddings and funerals?

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Some guy from the world health organisation says that a vaccine could be ready by Christmas. Let's all pray he is right and life can return to some form of normality and we can all watch our club in a safe environment once more.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:15 pm

Aren’t we set to receive an amount of grant funding shortly because we cannot let fans it?

Be careful what you wish for. It is likely that any admission of fans will result in that funding being taken away.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:46 am

Mister e wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:08 pm
Some guy from the world health organisation says that a vaccine could be ready by Christmas. Let's all pray he is right and life can return to some form of normality and we can all watch our club in a safe environment once more.
As far as I am aware the only virus's we have ever "wiped out" totally small pox and variola. Not sure how we got rid of variola but small pox was done by both vaccine and 100% total isolation, and even then, "Wiped out" is not totally correct as both still exist.
People expecting some miracle vaccine to "cure" us of Covid 19 are simply not looking at historical fact.
As long as the mentality exists that "I am ok" there is no way we are ever going to get near eradicating it so people may as well get used to the new "norm" It is here for the long term, and we all need to accept some changes to our lifestyle or there is no way we will EVER get back into football grounds or anywhere else long term. Sadly there are far to many selfish people who just don't give a damn until things actually hit themselves.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:52 am

I think this situation is going to be the same as the flu epidemic, the world learned to live with it, we will have to do the same with this virus. I don't believe that it will be eradicated,
The sooner people get back to living as near as possible normalised lives
While still following safety guidelines where possible the sooner fear will dissipate, it's fear that is the driving force at the moment ,wearing a mask ,distancing, and keeping hands clean are a must to minimize the risk to everyone. That is the norm now and for the foreseeable. Stay safe everyone.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:27 pm

onewayup wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:52 am
I think this situation is going to be the same as the flu epidemic, the world learned to live with it, we will have to do the same with this virus. I don't believe that it will be eradicated,
The sooner people get back to living as near as possible normalised lives
While still following safety guidelines where possible the sooner fear will dissipate, it's fear that is the driving force at the moment ,wearing a mask ,distancing, and keeping hands clean are a must to minimize the risk to everyone. That is the norm now and for the foreseeable. Stay safe everyone.
Agree totally as my comment above shows, the biggest problem we face, (and there are some such on this board from what they have said), is the people who say let those that want to go out go, and those who don't want to can stay home.
Not only is that a very short sited view it is also a very selfish 1.