Fylde Tuesday night

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fylde Tuesday night

Post by JE93 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:54 am

Another game of some positives and negatives against a team who should be first or second if budgets and full time status are taken into account.

Sounded like another positive performance from Saltmer in goal making some good saves. The defence for the most part sounded solid and the additions of McMahon and Hunt have made us more solid at the back. I think that is the kind of game we would have crumbled in last season without those more experienced heads and was one of the reasons our GD was so poor at the end of last season.

The injuries are very frustrating. Holmes recurrence of his cruciate injury, you can't legislate for. But we really need 1 preferably 2 of Campbell, Charman or Maguire to be fit for Saturday to give us some attacking threat. If not O'Neil would be a really good option on a 28 day loan from Boro. The FL transfer window is closed so his only options are National League clubs and of course that depends if any are actually in for him.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:22 am

O'neil still playing at Rockclife for U23's scored against Stoke U23 recently so in form and available
let us pray Danny can do some magic with the growing injury list after they have finished work tonight. We have to remember Fylde, York Kidderminster being full time could get the players in for treatment the next morning we have to wait for these lads to finish work or Charman finish his paper round.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:24 am

JE93 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:54 am
... The FL transfer window is closed so his only options are National League clubs and of course that depends if any are actually in for him.
The EFL transfer window is open until 16 October.

It was the International and premier to premier transfer windows that closed on Monday.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:48 am

What’s Stod up to these days? I noticed he was co-conmentator at last nights game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Fylde Tuesday night

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:31 am

spen666 wrote:
JE93 wrote:
... The FL transfer window is closed so his only options are National League clubs and of course that depends if any are actually in for him.

It was the International and premier to premier transfer windows that closed on Monday.
Hi Spen- can you answer why you referred to Man Utd as “the Munichs” on Twitter please?

That’s after you made a joke about the Hillsborough disaster following the New Year game and “Fence-Gate” at Brewery Field.

Perhaps you find people dying in disasters amusing.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:07 am

Sounds like it was very even until we ended up playing with a makeshift attack, at which point we struggled to get out. To have Nick Haughton on the bench suggests the strength of their squad. Losing narrowly at Fylde having been in the game isn't a particularly concerning result. Let's hope the injuries aren't too bad. We possibly could have done with someone in to replace Holmes anyway, but that's much more pressing if the strikers are all injured too. Kiddy aside, we've got a run of games for the rest of this month against teams expected to be down near the bottom (+Tadcaster). It'd be a shame to waste this opportunity of picking up some points if we don't have any strikers available.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:25 am

Quaker85 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:48 am
What’s Stod up to these days? I noticed he was co-conmentator at last nights game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Writing for North East Sport news - some decent darlo coverage on there. https://www.nesportnews.co.uk/

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:28 am

Darlogramps wrote:
spen666 wrote:
JE93 wrote:

Hi Spen- can you answer why you referred to Man Utd as “the Munichs” on Twitter please?

That’s after you made a joke about the Hillsborough disaster following the New Year game and “Fence-Gate” at Brewery Field.

Perhaps you find people dying in disasters amusing.
If that is what he has tweeted regarding Man Utd , the guy is an absolute disgrace.For god's sake ban him from OUR message board.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Thursday's pre-match interview will be interesting. We'll know the extent of the injuries then.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:06 pm

Echo reported that Maguire was going to have a fitness test before last nights game, so hopefully he's not too far off

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:50 pm

So Spen, I have no doubt Gramps is accurate in what you've said so how about you explain your behaviour? There's no excuse for this, many of my friends were at Hillsborough and some of the family are season ticket holders at Old Trafford. You are indeed a despicable, two faced, sick being.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:24 pm
Unbelievable bad luck with injuries strikes again. Or is it bad luck or poor preparation?
Well I would say we were unlucky last season with injuries. All three long-term injuries sustained to Atkinson (damaged ankle ligaments), Trotman (torn achilles) and Holmes (torn ACL) were not reoccurring and weren’t previously sustained by any of those players.

All three injuries were also ‘impact’ injuries, if I remember correctly: Atkinson (tackle), Trotman (landing) & Holmes (landing).

This season, Holmes is a massive worry that it has occurred again to the same knee and the same ligament. Maguire (hamstring), Campbell (hamstring) & Atkinson (groin) picking up muscle strains isn’t good news either. Although I’m not sure any of those players have a history of those types of injuries (Maguire had a knee problem and back issue at York last season). Charman (hip) and Reid (foot) seem to be both knocks from impact so not too worried about those.

Unlucky, or bad preparation? I think more-so the former at this stage. Quite a few of the previous and current injuries have been impact injuries and aren’t constantly reoccurring muscle injuries (hamstrings, groin, calf etc).

Hopefully Reid & Charman will be fine for Saturday with Maguire involved in the 16-man squad. The truth is we could probably do with a loanee coming in to ease the burden.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:14 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:50 pm
So Spen, I have no doubt Gramps is accurate in what you've said so how about you explain your behaviour? There's no excuse for this, many of my friends were at Hillsborough and some of the family are season ticket holders at Old Trafford. You are indeed a despicable, two faced, sick being.
It's just 'banter' though, DBTS, so it doesn't count.

Superga and LaMia - they're probably fair game too.

Shameful.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:32 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
We can expect a deafening silence. Whenever he's called out on anything he vanishes from the board for a while. So we can add cowardice to his many other 'attributes'.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:11 am

biccynana wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:32 pm
don'tbuythesun wrote:
We can expect a deafening silence. Whenever he's called out on anything he vanishes from the board for a while. So we can add cowardice to his many other 'attributes'.
I have never joked about Hillsborough on here or anywhere, and for very personal reasons I won't ever joke about it.

Darlogramps

Fylde Tuesday night

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:00 am

So why after “fence-gate” did you post on Facebook saying: “Darlington, twinned with Liverpool”?

To many that comes across as a Hillsborough/Heysel reference.

And your silence on the “Munich’s” comment speaks volumes.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:42 am

Darlogramps wrote:So why after “fence-gate” did you post on Facebook saying: “Darlington, twinned with Liverpool”?

To many that comes across as a Hillsborough reference.

This guy is a complete idiot to make comments like this, totally uncalled for, not a lot between his ears and no place for this on social media.Hats off to you Gramps for finally exposing this clown, he should be removed from our message board hopefully, and not before time.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:58 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:00 am
So why after “fence-gate” did you post on Facebook saying: “Darlington, twinned with Liverpool”?

A fence coming down could just as easily be a reference to Heysel, which would be just as inappropriate.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:25 am

Darlogramps wrote:

Yes it would be interesting to hear what was meant by that post. In the immediate aftermath of a football match where a fence collapses, the most obvious explanation explanation is, clearly, disgusting, and indicative of an awful human being. Perhaps theres an alternative explanation, which would be interesting to hear.

On a similar theme, there was also this tweet from the 'Spennymoor Town London Branch': "I hope the Co Durham Scousers don't take of-fence at this video"
https://twitter.com/SpennymoorTownL/sta ... 25189?s=20

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:44 am

al_quaker wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:25 am
Darlogramps wrote:

Yes it would be interesting to hear what was meant by that post. In the immediate aftermath of a football match where a fence collapses, the most obvious explanation explanation is, clearly, disgusting, and indicative of an awful human being. Perhaps theres an alternative explanation, which would be interesting to hear.

On a similar theme, there was also this tweet from the 'Spennymoor Town London Branch': "I hope the Co Durham Scousers don't take of-fence at this video"
https://twitter.com/SpennymoorTownL/sta ... 25189?s=20
That twitter account is spen666 - see the profile picture.

That same twitter account also posted this https://twitter.com/SpennymoorTownL/sta ... 09376?s=19

Don't expect a response from Spen. When called out for stuff he tends to run away.

He is still yet to acknowledge the 7 figure investment by Brad in Spennymoor.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:45 am

if this is true then surely time is up for spen and his account needs to be banned.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:50 pm

It would stack up given this is the link in the profile as well.

https://spen666football.wordpress.com/author/spen666/

Lives in Essex, Newcastle and Spennymoor fan.

Posts about Newcastle (https://twitter.com/SpennymoorTownL/sta ... 68544?s=19)

And yes seems to refer the Man U as "The Munich's"

https://twitter.com/SpennymoorTownL/sta ... 08225?s=19

Basically someone who does seem to hold quite awful views in general.

Darlogramps

Fylde Tuesday night

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:06 pm

Spen_666 is the person who tweets as Spennymoor Town London Branch.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:33 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:50 pm
It would stack up given this is the link in the profile as well.

https://spen666football.wordpress.com/author/spen666/

Lives in Essex, Newcastle and Spennymoor fan.

Posts about Newcastle (https://twitter.com/SpennymoorTownL/sta ... 68544?s=19)

And yes seems to refer the Man U as "The Munich's"

https://twitter.com/SpennymoorTownL/sta ... 08225?s=19

Basically someone who does seem to hold quite awful views in general.
Regards his profile he seems to have a connection with the UK Police Unity Tour (whatever that is) which is a cause for concern given his is extreme views. As all the bits seem to add up there can be only one conclusion for our Moderators to take please.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:36 pm

For the record UK Police Unity Tour is to "Increase awareness and honouring police officers who have died in the line of duty."

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:44 pm

Com,on gent,a he's an out and out liar, the twerp couldn't lie straight in bed,blocking him is the answer to this vile horrible twerp.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:18 pm

onewayup wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:44 pm
Com,on gent,a he's an out and out liar, the twerp couldn't lie straight in bed,blocking him is the answer to this vile horrible twerp.
Always given him the benefit of doubt in the belief of freedom of expression. Not any more, ban him from this forum.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:46 pm

banktopp wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:18 pm
onewayup wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:44 pm
Always given him the benefit of doubt in the belief of freedom of expression. Not any more, ban him from this forum.
Along with fat josh!!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:59 pm

Apparently he's just cycled Southport to Hull. Shame we didn't know, could have let his tyres down when he passed. Apart from his horrible comments he's really boring, a two paragraph diatribe about no brekkie at the premier inn! I agree, ban him. How many votes to get rid of this foul character?

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:42 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:59 pm
Apparently he's just cycled Southport to Hull. Shame we didn't know, could have let his tyres down when he passed. Apart from his horrible comments he's really boring, a two paragraph diatribe about no brekkie at the premier inn! I agree, ban him. How many votes to get rid of this foul character?
I feel sure that someone with the knowledge can set up a poll, Ban or no Ban, and I would suggest a 2/3 majority should be required to ban the foul lying troll.
I wonder if his bike is called Merlin and he nicked it from Snowscape ?