Early odds

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
al_quaker
Posts: 5681
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Early odds

Post by al_quaker » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:51 pm

I see BetVictor have some odds up for the National North

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/ ... 1289069300

York 3/1 favourites, Fylde 4/1, Boston 10/1, us, Brackley and Chester 12/1, Chorley and Spennymoor Town 14/1.

Kiddy are 50/1 - has something happened there?!

York have made some very decent signings, but not sure they should be that short. Spennymoor look decent value to me there.

Darlogramps
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Spendy and Gloucester are exceptional value there.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

spen666
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by spen666 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:14 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:51 pm
I see BetVictor have some odds up for the National North

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/ ... 1289069300

York 3/1 favourites, Fylde 4/1, Boston 10/1, us, Brackley and Chester 12/1, Chorley and Spennymoor Town 14/1.

Kiddy are 50/1 - has something happened there?!

York have made some very decent signings, but not sure they should be that short. Spennymoor look decent value to me there.
Thought Kiddy should be flush with cash as Wolves have moved their u23 side there instead of Telford, meaning extra rent

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3148
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:54 pm

I wouldn't read anything in to those odds , Kiddy fail every season so I'd say they are justified odds

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5742
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:56 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:51 pm
I see BetVictor have some odds up for the National North

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/ ... 1289069300

York 3/1 favourites, Fylde 4/1, Boston 10/1, us, Brackley and Chester 12/1, Chorley and Spennymoor Town 14/1.

Kiddy are 50/1 - has something happened there?!

York have made some very decent signings, but not sure they should be that short. Spennymoor look decent value to me there.
Spenny always seem great value, then Ainsley some how manages to not achieve promotion. Although sooner or later he must get it right.

EDJOHNS
Posts: 770
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:56 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:28 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:51 pm
I see BetVictor have some odds up for the National North

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/ ... 1289069300

York 3/1 favourites, Fylde 4/1, Boston 10/1, us, Brackley and Chester 12/1, Chorley and Spennymoor Town 14/1.

Kiddy are 50/1 - has something happened there?!

York have made some very decent signings, but not sure they should be that short. Spennymoor look decent value to me there.
Movement already. We are out to 14/1

sue_donym
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:39 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by sue_donym » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:55 am

Just got us at 17/1 at Bill Hill, happy to put a tenner down at those odds.

Lallacab
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:49 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by Lallacab » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:45 am

17s is a great price

bigdavethemaddog
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Early odds

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:51 pm

i fancy Gloucester for the league (if it starts)

quakermass
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by quakermass » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Definitely worth a punt for an each way bet. There's no reason (on paper) why we can't pinch a top 3 finish, but I say this every year! It'll be another really tough league....the pride will no doubt be there or there abouts (but failing due to their usual fixture pile ups that come back to bite them on the arse). Think I'll put a few quid on us this year, but I just hope the season starts on time.

joejaques
Posts: 2821
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Early odds

Post by joejaques » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:30 pm

quakermass wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:11 pm
Definitely worth a punt for an each way bet. There's no reason (on paper) why we can't pinch a top 3 finish, but I say this every year! It'll be another really tough league....the pride will no doubt be there or there abouts (but failing due to their usual fixture pile ups that come back to bite them on the arse). Think I'll put a few quid on us this year, but I just hope the season starts on time.
I'll have a few bob each way, as I normally do. But have a strong suspicion the slip will be in my wallet for a long time. :roll:

Hope I'm wrong.
Image

biccynana
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by biccynana » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:04 pm
Spendy and Gloucester are exceptional value there.
bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:51 pm
i fancy Gloucester for the league (if it starts)
Funny club, Gloucester. Often tipped at the start of the season and yet never seem to live up to their potential. In the 11 consecutive seasons they've spent in the NLN or NLS they've never finished above 10th. Anything different about them this season?

joejaques
Posts: 2821
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Milford Haven

Re: Early odds

Post by joejaques » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Only two bookies in Milford, Betfred & Corals, and neither of them had our league priced up this morning. :roll:
Image

real_darlo_85
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Newton Aycliffe

Re: Early odds

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:58 pm

biccynana wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:36 pm
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:04 pm
Spendy and Gloucester are exceptional value there.
bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:51 pm
i fancy Gloucester for the league (if it starts)
Funny club, Gloucester. Often tipped at the start of the season and yet never seem to live up to their potential. In the 11 consecutive seasons they've spent in the NLN or NLS they've never finished above 10th. Anything different about them this season?

New stadium, new start? :?: :think:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlogramps
Posts: 5177
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:42 pm

biccynana wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:04 pm
Spendy and Gloucester are exceptional value there.
bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:51 pm
i fancy Gloucester for the league (if it starts)
Funny club, Gloucester. Often tipped at the start of the season and yet never seem to live up to their potential. In the 11 consecutive seasons they've spent in the NLN or NLS they've never finished above 10th. Anything different about them this season?
New stadium, back in their own city and they’re throwing shed loads of money at their squad.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

biccynana
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by biccynana » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:33 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:42 pm
biccynana wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:04 pm
Spendy and Gloucester are exceptional value there.
bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:51 pm
i fancy Gloucester for the league (if it starts)
Funny club, Gloucester. Often tipped at the start of the season and yet never seem to live up to their potential. In the 11 consecutive seasons they've spent in the NLN or NLS they've never finished above 10th. Anything different about them this season?
New stadium, back in their own city and they’re throwing shed loads of money at their squad.
Ah right. Ta..

jjljks
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by jjljks » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:00 am

Hoping that our poor results in friendlies are only a cunning plan on AA's part so odds on us going up will lengthen, so am keeping my dosh in my pocket for now.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 3148
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:55 am

jjljks wrote:Hoping that our poor results in friendlies are only a cunning plan on AA's part so odds on us going up will lengthen, so am keeping my dosh in my pocket for now.
Yeah cos that's the first thing AA thinks of let's lose so the fans get a better price.. Friendlies are about fitness not smashing everyone every game

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2110
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:47 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
jjljks wrote:Hoping that our poor results in friendlies are only a cunning plan on AA's part so odds on us going up will lengthen, so am keeping my dosh in my pocket for now.
Yeah cos that's the first thing AA thinks of let's lose so the fans get a better price.. Friendlies are about fitness not smashing everyone every game

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Pretty sure he was joking Harry, if not then not the best of posts !

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


jjljks
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Early odds

Post by jjljks » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:33 am

Quakerman2 knows my sense of humour better than HarrytheQuaker.
My tongue was firmly in cheek and my alias is Baldrick. :D

Post Reply