Arena it is

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Footifanreturns
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Arena it is

Post by Footifanreturns » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:07 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:52 pm
Footifanreturns wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:34 pm
spen666 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:23 pm
Footifanreturns wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:53 pm
spen666 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:55 pm
If no fans are going to be allowed back to Elite sporting events in the near future, I hope the deal for playing at the Arena is on a per game basis, not on an annual / quarterly basis Otherwise club could have 2 rental liabilities and no income
Why would you hope that
Why would I hope that?

Maybe because I don't want to see any business get caught out by restrictions imposed as a result of covid_19.

When any club is in trouble, it weakens all football.

Oh yes of course 🙄
You have more faces than the town clock.

You must have a very sad life spending all this time on another clubs Messageboard.
Run along now, nobody cares what you think.
Its must be sad in your myopic world.

Some of us care about football in a wider sense than our own club. Hence why I will be watching football at my 4th venue in 4 days to support local clubs and watch football.

I don't want any football club to struggle financially, hence why back in 2012 I along with nany others donated to save Darlington when the Wolves were at the door.

Banter is one thing, seeing clubs go under is another thing
My intellectual insight is perfect thank you.. like others I can see through you.

FYI we are nowhere near going under but thanks for caring 🙄

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:11 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:34 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:Please stop the political posts, they have no place on this message board
If the politics impacts on Darlington FC (in this case it does) then absolutely they have a place on this board.
No they don’t, it’s your political persuasion that dictates your comments, regardless of what is going on you are blaming the government
And the politics are relevant to the discussion. Now run along, the grown-ups are talking.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:11 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:Please stop the political posts, they have no place on this message board
If the politics impacts on Darlington FC (in this case it does) then absolutely they have a place on this board.
No they don’t, it’s your political persuasion that dictates your comments, regardless of what is going on you are blaming the government
And the politics are relevant to the discussion. Now run along, the grown-ups are talking.
Clown

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:20 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:52 pm
I don't want any football club to struggle financially, hence why back in 2012 I along with nany others donated to save Darlington when the Wolves were at the door.

Oops, misplaced capital letter -don't think we played Wolves that year!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Arena it is

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:11 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Clown
Toys back in the pram dear, it’s bed-time.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:18 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:55 pm
Its must be sad in your myopic world.

Some of us care about football in a wider sense than our own club. Hence why I will be watching football at my 4th venue in 4 days to support local clubs and watch football.

Banter is one thing, seeing clubs go under is another thing
I don't know you, spen - you're most likely a decent guy - but you must realise that you've completely shot your credibility on here to pieces with your "banter" elsewhere on social media.

P.S. I got this from Urban Dictionary, but I'm pretty sure it's endorsed by the OED:

"Hence why

When an individual attempts to sound smart by using two synonyms after each other." ;)

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:41 am

BBC News - Fans attending sporting events in England from October to be reviewed, says Prime Minister
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54094363

I think politics is very relevant to us.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:16 am

lo36789 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:41 am
BBC News - Fans attending sporting events in England from October to be reviewed, says Prime Minister

Not very promising noises being made.

One of the things I'm slightly disappointed with, is that the league seems to have taken a back seat on live streaming of games when 0 capacity or reduced capacity games has always been a possibility. The league could have been in the driving seat, finding a streaming service and supporting clubs in getting a good deal which supports their income once football starts again. But it seems like its something which has been left down to the individual clubs, not only to find suppliers, but also to negotiate with one another as to how it might work.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:31 am

JE93 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:16 am
lo36789 wrote:

One of the things I'm slightly disappointed with, is that the league seems to have taken a back seat on live streaming of games when 0 capacity or reduced capacity games has always been a possibility. The league could have been in the driving seat, finding a streaming service and supporting clubs in getting a good deal which supports their income once football starts again. But it seems like its something which has been left down to the individual clubs, not only to find suppliers, but also to negotiate with one another as to how it might work.
how do you know this work isnt going on behind the scenes but not announcing anything until something is sorted?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:02 am

Dominic Cummings is 48

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:39 am

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:31 am
JE93 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:16 am
lo36789 wrote:

how do you know this work isnt going on behind the scenes but not announcing anything until something is sorted?
come on National League being ahead of the game and not reacting to what everyone else has decided, your having a laugh?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:31 pm

Wonder if we will be able to survive if the season does not start in October. Would we be able to mothball the club if necessary? I seem to recall it was said that players would be offered contracts for this season but there would be clauses in if Covid-19 affected things. Maybe we have to be realistic and accept football at our level may not happen in 20/21 season.
I am sure DJ and the Board will have discussed this eventuality.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 pm

If the season doesn't start we don't have obligations to players basically. The standard FA contract effectively works starting from when the playing season begins. I suspect Alun may be a different matter.

We would still owe the rugby club for the license to operate - maybe unless that is also dependent on there being a playing season to need the license for.

We wouldn't have to pay DRFC anything beyond that and I can't imagine we would have tied ourselves into any obligations to Mowden given all the uncertainty.

I don't think we can simply mothball and it's all fine - we would have some costs and no revenue.

I suspect they have put all precautions and have resilience plans / understand the impact - won't take much to know as it's whatever the last few months have been for the forseeable.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:30 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 pm

I don't think we can simply mothball and it's all fine - we would have some costs and no revenue.
Thankfully we have a forecast sum of £130K that the owners have provided so we have a monthly income even if football doesn’t take place. I expect there’ll be a higher than average default rate if no football is played for a long time but the vast majority will stick with it.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:39 pm

divas wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:30 pm
Thankfully we have a forecast sum of £130K that the owners have provided so we have a monthly income even if football doesn’t take place
Good point. Our owners are pretty invested as well!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:02 am

lo36789 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 pm
If the season doesn't start we don't have obligations to players basically. The standard FA contract effectively works starting from when the playing season begins. I suspect Alun may be a different matter.

We would still owe the rugby club for the license to operate - maybe unless that is also dependent on there being a playing season to need the license for.

We wouldn't have to pay DRFC anything beyond that and I can't imagine we would have tied ourselves into any obligations to Mowden given all the uncertainty.

I suspect they have put all precautions and have resilience plans / understand the impact - won't take much to know as it's whatever the last few months have been for the forseeable.

For all clubs with employees, its probably a lot worse if football can't restart than it was because as law stands, they cannot furlough anyone who they have unfurloughed.

Over summer players/ staff were either not contracted or furloughed.

Its a potential disaster for all but Premiership clubs if fans not allowed back or season doesn't go ahead.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:48 am

They really need to look at the furlough scheme and targeting it to different areas of the economy where it's appropriate. Some industries in particular are in grave danger if it is ended arbitrarily in October, as we are rapidly hurtling towards. Lower league football at our level is one of them. It isn't just us though. The music industry is at real risk, nightclubs (as much as I loathe them) can't sensibly open anytime soon... in fact, wide swathes of the arts and recreational economy which either can't operate at all or would be forced to operate at a level which is financially unsustainable. Lower league football arguably falls under this description also. No one is really getting rich at this level. Players and staff are ordinary people and they need support.