Latest friendly

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Latest friendly

Post by Old Git » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:45 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:52 am
It’s funny communicating with Old Git - because when you call him Old Git you feel like you’re insulting him ;)
Not at all I’ve been called much worse !

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:16 pm

From the highlights, and that's all they are, I'd be more concerned by our wasteful finishing than the goalkeepers performance.

We could've had a bagful against Middlesbrough.

But then it's pre-season and the players will all be badly lacking in sharpness after such an usually long break, so I'm not particularly concerned.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:40 pm

apparently Scarborough away on Saturday

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:06 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:40 pm
If true would have been a great preseason friendly under normal circumstances. What a shame we cannot go as I bet 200 to 300 would have made the journey. Should also provide us with a realistic test against opponents who are closer to what we will have to face in a few weeks time.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:22 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:40 pm

Makes sense as they have no game organised but don't start league games until Sat 19th Sep.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:10 pm

onewayup wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:04 pm
if he sees the comments he might just say stuff it
Nobody would do this.....
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:38 am

Hope our lads get tested for Covid after playing the Boro boys.
With Storey coming back from Hernia, he had to go into quarantine which explained his absence.
Obviously we need to get a couple more friendlies in before the start of the season.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:07 am

jjljks wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:38 am
With Storey coming back from Hernia, he had to go into quarantine which explained his absence.
Lovely spot that, but a pain to get to.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:40 pm

biccynana wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:07 am
jjljks wrote:
🤣

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:58 pm

biccynana wrote:
jjljks wrote:
I’ve always found it quite accessible. You can pop in and out whenever you like.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

SFG

Post by SFG » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:09 am

Apparently 200 tickets available for away supporters being sold in Quaker retail tomorrow. Hope there are "on line" sales?

50 years

Post by 50 years » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:55 am

I am certainly joining the queue and hoping to get a ticket. Looking at the web site it appears to be only available at the shop and not on line which is good and bad in ways I suppose.

Good in that it will be definite fans that get opportunity, and that tickets wont have gone in a couple of minutes if they were on line ( and not all fans have access to the internet) but also helps support one of our sponsors if people also see something in the shop they buy as well.

Bad in a much as those outside the town, who don't have anyone close who could get them a ticket would miss out.

With so few tickets available hard to get an ideal solution to this I suppose in such a short time.

SFG

Post by SFG » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:05 am

Think 500 club members should get priority somehow?

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:27 am

SFG wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:05 am
Think 500 club members should get priority somehow?
Not for me. Huge respect to those who joined and extended their 500 club memberships when asked, but this is a friendly against a club in the league below, with very limited tickets on sale due to Covid. It's not exactly a need to be there / 'I was there when' type of game, (eg. It's not a league game v pools, or a big FA cup tie) where I'd agree we should be offering 500 club members some form of priority, because while there would be a large amount of tickets there would also be a higher demand. It will have to happen again for the test events that will be required at the Arena where currently only 300 and then 600 will be permitted in.

I'm slightly surprised that tickets aren't being sold online only as potentially that would give you an opportunity to capture all the information which would be required for any subsequent track and trace fairly easily.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:10 pm

SFG wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:09 am
Apparently 200 tickets available for away supporters being sold in Quaker retail tomorrow. Hope there are "on line" sales?
It's important to read the small print, from the official website "Lynn from Quaker Retail will be selling the tickets in My Sportswear in Morton Park on Wednesday from 9am onwards. Please note that she will only be accepting card payments". You will be in the wrong queue if you go to the Dolphin Centre!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Make sure there is no repeat of the charity match cross infection at Burnside WMC. The R number is above 1 & lots of NE councils on the watch list already. Important we keep to the guidelines & don't give HMG chance to change their minds about letting fans back.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:55 pm

A little surprised that spectators are still being allowed at Scarborough given the recent developments. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:07 pm

Old Git wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:55 pm
A little surprised that spectators are still being allowed at Scarborough given the recent developments. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
Whitby have just banned spectators from their game v York tomorrow

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:16 pm

I went to watch guisborough town play west Auckland on Wednesday night track and trace details were taken at the turnstiles. The members club had the tables well spaced out. Yet people were virtually less than one foot apart in the kiosk queue at half-time absolutely crazy.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:44 am

Could do for a win today to boost confidence, but hope that celebrations are in line with best anti-Covid precautions.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:10 am

I am so looking forward to the game today, (sad I know), it's been such a long time a win would be good for confidence but just happy to see footy again. I wonder how many tickets we actually sold, hope Scarboro are able to sell any spares on the day (clubs will need whatever money they can get at the moment).

"Up the Quakers"

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:19 am

50 years wrote:I am so looking forward to the game today, (sad I know), it's been such a long time a win would be good for confidence but just happy to see footy again. I wonder how many tickets we actually sold, hope Scarboro are able to sell any spares on the day (clubs will need whatever money they can get at the moment).

"Up the Quakers"
Stoddart has a spare ticket for sale as of last night so probably gone now.. But Scarborough won't have any problems selling there tickets they get decent crowds now they are back in a new stadium

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:42 am

Game being live streamed as well for £2 on Scarboro web site.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks for thatJohn. Great value for £2.

Seadog365
Team Supported: Scarborough

Post by Seadog365 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:15 pm

Just watching the live stream now. Excellent quality and a bargain at £2. Not too late to start watching, just follow link below and pay via PayPal or card.

http://www.scarboroughathletic.com/news ... cQ1Swpu7EA

Seadog365
Team Supported: Scarborough

Post by Seadog365 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:45 pm

Even better now we’re winning 3-2 😀
Seriously though, I would have thought you’d have brought a few more. Did you not sell all your allocation?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Maybe because we're in a global pandemic?!

Back to the game, really poor defending for all of Scarborough's goals (gift-wrapped; shades of last season). Not going to read too much in to it as that starting 11 won't be our first choice next season. McMahon and Atkinson were good on one side....Reid & Watson not so much on the other.

Thought Saltmer should have perhaps saved the 3rd. Looks comfortable sweeping up but doesn't really like leaving his line for crosses, which worries me as we had two goalkeepers like that in Maddison & Elliott.

Thought we had good opportunities with Charman (pen), Donawa & Holmes all missing guilt edge chances, but still another 3 weeks to sharpen up for the new season.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:58 pm

Pant wetting brigade over to you

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:08 pm

Don't really care about results at this point in pre-season. Nice to see us creating chances and scoring goals, and those goals being shared around between our attacking players over our last 2 games.

Biggest frustration is we still haven't been able to play what I would have said is our strongest back 4 (Something like McMahon, Hunt, Storey, Liddle) yet. Still plenty of time to bed in as a team, just frustrating we haven't had that opportunity. But hey nothing on these games atm so onto the next.

Wonder if we'll try and get a mid week game against one of the NPL teams before they start their season next Saturday.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:20 pm

Well done to Scarborough for doing the live streaming which was of excellent quality even if the commentary was a little confused at times.
We looked good going forward in the first half and two good strikes from Donawa and Campbell had us well in charge. Sadly the old defensive frailties were not long in rearing their ugly head. Cartman nipped in at the near post to poke home and it was soon 2-2 from a corner routine which left central defender Coates a free header. Right on half time we were awarded a penalty for a foul on Maguire but Charman missed the target. Maguire was on for Campbell who was subbed with an injury just as he was looking a real handful for the home defence.
Boro added a third early in the second half and the game became disjointed as multiple substitutes were introduced as the game progressed. Overall we never really threatened much after the break.
On the plus side Holmes got a runout in the second half and seemed to come through Ok. Donowa looked sharp and the partnership between Campbell and Charman looked dangerous until Campbell’s injury. Rivers also looked his usual energetic self but as usual he lacked some end product.
On the debit side hope Campbell has not sustained an injury that will keep him out for long. The defence looked a little at sea at times but we were without Hunt Laing and Storey. Also Liddle and Hatfield came off the bench and they were presumably rested to give others a chance as for me they would be the first names on the team sheet. Sorry still not convinced by Saltmer in goal but I believe he has been offered a contact so we will see how he gets on.
Still three weeks to go so still time to sort out a few issues.