Squad Numbers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

Squad Numbers

Post by Darlo_CR » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:41 am

Just seen a post from Kidderminster releasing their squad numbers for the campaign with names above them on the shirts.

I know the reason the league haven’t done it in the past is due to the costing of it, especially with the turnover of players throughout a season. However it could be a nice additional income stream if fans could have the option to add their favourite player to their shirt via the website?

It’ll be interesting to see who takes up what number as that is sometimes an indication on who will be a regular starter.

eddie-rowles

Re: Squad Numbers

Post by eddie-rowles » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:03 pm

Something for the future but part time footballers makes no sense and more work for Gary cleaning the kit

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:26 pm

We would have to have a bunch of extra kits... I doubt clubs make much from name printing anyway. By the time you take away the labour and the product itself it's probably a couple of quid profit for something, at this level, which is incredibly low demand.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Looking at the kiddy website, it seems squad numbers are optional

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:36 pm

Boro squad numbers are out, no number for Tyrone O'Neil however keeper Sol Byrnn has been allocated one.

I wonder if O'Neil will be going out on loan again and will Armstrong be tempted?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:39 pm

quakerste wrote:Boro squad numbers are out, no number for Tyrone O'Neil however keeper Sol Byrnn has been allocated one.

I wonder if O'Neil will be going out on loan again and will Armstrong be tempted?
Doubt it given the reinforcements we have in attack now. I can't see where there'd be space for him unless we get a long term injury up top.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:14 pm

See Taity has resigned for Spendmore and also £130 season tickets , great value and they are getting a strong team together, looking forward to a strong season of northeast teams competing at the top and that includes us

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:See Taity has resigned for Spendmore and also £130 season tickets , great value and they are getting a strong team together, looking forward to a strong season of northeast teams competing at the top and that includes us Image

Wonder how much their playing budget is, would imagine it must be one of the biggest in our league for a part time squad.The Pride must be giving great value for money to season ticket holders at £130.Wonder how many they have sold?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:40 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 pm
HarrytheQuaker wrote:See Taity has resigned for Spendmore and also £130 season tickets , great value and they are getting a strong team together, looking forward to a strong season of northeast teams competing at the top and that includes us Image

Wonder how much their playing budget is, would imagine it must be one of the biggest in our league for a part time squad.The Pride must be giving great value for money to season ticket holders at £130.Wonder how many they have sold?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
I wonder if Fat Josh is going to go and join them.....Please

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:32 am

Has Taity re-signed or resigned ?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:18 am

jjljks wrote:Has Taity re-signed or resigned ?
Sorry grammar Image

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:31 pm

Wonder how Spendy are planning on fitting everyone in if they actually sell a few tickets.

I actually think it's a great idea and wonder if we should make a similar gamble for a season or two. Hartlepool grew their regular fanbase greatly when they did dirt cheap tickets for a couple of seasons and a lot of those fans have stuck with them. Habit building.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:38 pm

H1987 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:31 pm
Wonder how Spendy are planning on fitting everyone in if they actually sell a few tickets.

I actually think it's a great idea and wonder if we should make a similar gamble for a season or two. Hartlepool grew their regular fanbase greatly when they did dirt cheap tickets for a couple of seasons and a lot of those fans have stuck with them. Habit building.
They will be fine they have a ground capacity of 4,300 with 739 seats. I would image they will be allowed to have about 1,200 in.

Yep it's habit building and if you do it for long enough in the good times it takes a while to drop off if you start having bad times.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:56 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
H1987 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:31 pm

They will be fine they have a ground capacity of 4,300 with 739 seats. I would image they will be allowed to have about 1,200 in.

Yep it's habit building and if you do it for long enough in the good times it takes a while to drop off if you start having bad times.
So how come we can only have 600 with a 3200 capacity??? and they can have double with 1100 more spaces, it doesn't add up

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:22 pm

It's a rough guess, so we will have to await an official number. More seats and probably more spread out steps now, with a bigger capacity.

Blackwell has a lot of flat standing, who knows maybe Spenny will only get 800 or something.