Friendly v Fleetwood

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Friendly v Fleetwood

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:45 pm

Lost 4-0 away at Fleetwood in a behind-closed-doors match today (Harvey Saunders played against us).

An ex-Football League keeper (Saltmer?) started in goal for us. We had another triallist on the bench.
Maguire and Hunt started, with Charman coming off the bench.

Holmes came off injured 5 mins after coming on as a sub.

Report: https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/quakers ... -fleetwood
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Old Git

Re: Friendly v Fleetwood

Post by Old Git » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Blimey that was a tough start to pre season friendlies. Sounds like we played Ok only worry is reading Holmes might have picked up an injury. Easier tasks lie ahead.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:57 pm

By the sounds of what was said on social media, they are much further along in their pre-season (especially considering we've had 1 training session to my knowledge, maybe 2). We did manage to carve them open a couple of times. Looking forward to watching the highlights.

No idea where we are in terms of coverage of friendly games. I noted that Blyth played last night and you could watch their stream for free. I'd be happy to put a few quid in to stream our live friendlies, but no idea what the policy is for us

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:35 pm

D_F_C wrote:By the sounds of what was said on social media, they are much further along in their pre-season (especially considering we've had 1 training session to my knowledge, maybe 2). We did manage to carve them open a couple of times. Looking forward to watching the highlights.

No idea where we are in terms of coverage of friendly games. I noted that Blyth played last night and you could watch their stream for free. I'd be happy to put a few quid in to stream our live friendlies, but no idea what the policy is for us
It should nt be much different to Blyths surely..I think Kev was there so hopefully some footage been made available 🤔

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Tough way to start the friendlies, against a playoff chasing league one team who are a week or so away from starting their season. But more than anything just glad to hear we're playing football again. Sounds like we created a few chances so looking forward to seeing them on the highlights later (Kev has said on twitter highlights and interviews to come). Missing Laing and Storey too so more to come at the centre of defence. Shame to see Holmes come off injured, but apparently just a tweak and being fairly cautious in taking him off.

On another note, nice to see that Harvey Saunders played well. Was getting some decent minutes off the bench for Fleetwood last season considering they have players like Paddy Madden and Ched Evans, with championship experience in their squad. Good luck to the lad.