Luke Trotman

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Luke Trotman

Post by H1987 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Just had a pop-up advert which I thought 'that looks a lot like Luke Trotman'.... clicked the link and he's currently modeling on ASOS.com.

Good for him like but is he giving up football for that? It's not exactly a-list stuff is it... (in fact, given Leon Scott managed to do modeling and still play a bit, it seems a bit odd to me). Good luck to him, he seems a nice lad, but it seems such a shame for a talented footballer to give up on the game.

lo36789

Re: Luke Trotman

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:06 pm

There will be a premium on a normal model. It is easily 7 figure earnings going down the route he has chosen.

It's a gamble mind some don't get that and some don't last very long but I would say it's a logical decision.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:54 pm

I guess he’ll have to strike while the iron is hot, to use an ancient cliche.

If he gives it a year or two to work on his football career, by then he’d have faded from memory and some other new reality TV star has picked up the opportunities.

Can totally understand it from his point of view.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:54 pm

If he gives it a year or two to work on his football career, by then he’d have faded from memory and some other new reality TV star has picked up the opportunities.

True, but I genuinely thought he had Football League potential. He can definitely forget that if he’s going to sit out a few years of football.

You’d think he could do the modelling and play somewhere part time. I understand he wouldn’t want to travel up to us, but you’d think someone would have him. I can’t imagine modelling for ASOS is so well paid... didn’t Leon Scott do it for Next? That has to be similarly paid I’d have thought.

Darlogramps

Luke Trotman

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:22 pm

H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:54 pm

True, but I genuinely thought he had Football League potential. He can definitely forget that if he’s going to sit out a few years of football.

You’d think he could do the modelling and play somewhere part time. I understand he wouldn’t want to travel up to us, but you’d think someone would have him. I can’t imagine modelling for ASOS is so well paid... didn’t Leon Scott do it for Next? That has to be similarly paid I’d have thought.
Maybe that is his plan and he’s just waiting on the right club. I agree on his footballing potential though, although don’t forget he hasn’t played in over a year.

And if he resumed football and picked up another bad injury, he’s potentially lost out in both careers then.

If he has parked or moved on from football, I guess his calculation is he can build more of a career through modelling/celebrity appearances etc than he would as a lower end EFL player. He’s only 23 so if the celebrity career fizzles out in a year or two, then he can always get back into the game. Whereas if the celeb career takes off, he’s probably set for life.

Or maybe it’s just what he now wants to do. Either way I don’t blame him and hope it works out for him.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:49 pm

He’s a good player and I like him. He will making a killing at the moment though. The modelling and appearances are one thing but the money he’ll be making as an “influencer” will be very significant. The going rate for an endorsement on an Instagram story is upwards of £5k a time if you have a million folllwers and he has 1.5m. A couple of those a week and you’re in to big big money.

Then you add in YouTube where he has millions of views and Tiktok where he has 1.2 million followers.

I’m not judging either way but if he boxes clever in the next couple of years he could be set up for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:37 pm

thought Alun said in his latest interview that he was still training with the club?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:54 pm

If he's lost his passion for football, the "fire in his belly" so to speak - I feel that he hasn't got the attitude required to make good anyway.

This isn't any kind of criticism of him, it's just that if he really had that hunger to be a footballer, and thought of himself as a footballer, he'd continue.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:35 am

Lots of us see footballers wanting to play football for the love of the game, but lots of people do it for the money and/or the fame. Look at Michael Owen, he prefers horse racing. Lots of footballers see football as a job as opposed to a sport. If he can earn more money elsewhere then good on him, its a shame as I though he was a really good player, too good for our level. But I imagine he has had his head turned by a certain someone.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:45 am

Remember ex Tottenham left back Benoit Assou-Ekotto said he didn't even like football he just happened to be good at it and it paid the bills.

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:46 pm

I saw him in a papa johns advert on Facebook recently. I thought he might have been picked up by a football league club eventually (had he remained injury free) but there is a lot of money to be made in adverts. Especially if it ends up being released in several countries.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:09 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:37 pm
thought Alun said in his latest interview that he was still training with the club?
Think he referred to Luke Charman in that interview didn't he?