Darlington MP

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JasonDeVos
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington MP

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:42 pm

Unbelievable stuff on his Twitter about Newcastle https://mobile.twitter.com/Gibbo4Darlo/ ... 5248517120

And some blunt replies when questioned by darlo fans!

Darlogramps

Re: Darlington MP

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:01 pm

I can’t imagine why Conservative MPs would be so keen to support the NUFC takeover.

In other unrelated news, the Reuben Brothers (part of the consortium) are major donors to the Conservative Party.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:16 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:01 pm
I can’t imagine why Conservative MPs would be so keen to support the NUFC takeover.

In other unrelated news, the Reuben Brothers (part of the consortium) are major donors to the Conservative Party.
And other unrelated news Uncle Raj is alleged to be a backer of Mr Gibson https://mobile.twitter.com/DarloYoungLa ... 4199833603

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:58 pm

Good to know he's putting Darlington first.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:25 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:58 pm
Good to know he's putting Darlington first.
Or just doing as Dom told him....

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:47 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:42 pm
Unbelievable stuff on his Twitter about Newcastle https://mobile.twitter.com/Gibbo4Darlo/ ... 5248517120

And some blunt replies when questioned by darlo fans!
His replies, such as they are, tend to be along the line that he is “Simply acting for constituents who have asked for help [as it] is part of this job”

Looks like an invitation to DFC supporting constituents to write to him as he will then act on their behalf because, in his own words, it is part of his job.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:32 pm

Takes donations from Raj Singh as well.

Footifanreturns

Post by Footifanreturns » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:36 am

No different from Unions making donations to Labour candidates.
A lot of businesses make donations to political parties & candidates.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:39 am

I think people are being a bit harsh on Peter Gibson he's barely a year into the job and in fairness they are quite a few Newcastle United fans in Darlington.His predecessor hardly made her presence felt until a pre election FA cup tie live on BT sport and remember it was labour who condoned us moving out of feethams to the arena not the conservatives.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:13 am

Mister e wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:39 am
I think people are being a bit harsh on Peter Gibson he's barely a year into the job and in fairness they are quite a few Newcastle United fans in Darlington.His predecessor hardly made her presence felt until a pre election FA cup tie live on BT sport and remember it was labour who condoned us moving out of feethams to the arena not the conservatives.
He predecessor had many flaws but did good work helping the club over many years not just when BT came to town.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:42 am

Footifanreturns wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:36 am
No different from Unions making donations to Labour candidates.
A lot of businesses make donations to political parties & candidates.
On what planet is that the same as taking donations from a man who tried to kill the local football club?

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:53 am

I will be getting intouch with Peter Gibson, I will be asking how he intends to help darlington FC,

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:05 am

onewayup wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:53 am
I will be getting intouch with Peter Gibson, I will be asking how he intends to help darlington FC,
Shouldn't you be telling/ asking him what you want him to do for Darlington FC

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:07 am

onewayup wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:53 am
Is the right response.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:33 am

I tweeted him politely asking him what he's been doing to help the town's major sporting clubs. I highlighted one example he could possibly add value, which is the football clubs desire to temporarily return to the arena for financial reasons, and whether he's been lobbying the relevant authorities (as he is, understanadbly, doing on behalf of the Newcastle fans in his constituency). No response so far, despite him replying to some who were simply criticising him. Makes me think he's not been doing much on behalf of the club, but maybe he simply hasn't seen my tweets

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:42 am

I’ve e-mailed him similar, al_quaker. I hope others follow suit: peter.gibson.mp@parliament.uk.

I’ll let you know if I receive a response.
Last edited by Darlofan97 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:03 am

Taken from his Facebook page:

Peter Gibson MP:

⚽️⚽️⚽️ Football⚽️⚽️⚽️

Over on Twitter there has been quite a bit of traffic following my recent correspondence on behalf of Newcastle United Fans.

I thought it would be helpful to confirm a few things.

1. More than sixty residents of Darlington have written to me regarding Newcastle United, and as their MP I have quite correctly taken action on their behalf.

2. I am keen to support ALL sporting activity in Darlington.

3. I have visited Darlington Football Club, attended my first match just weeks after I was elected. (a 3-0 victory for the Quakers over Alfreton on the 18th January - I’m always pleased to see the Reds beaten 😉)

4. I have joined the membership of Darlington Football Club. (No - not on expenses, that’s not allowed)

5. I have so far received only two letters regarding Darlington Football Clubs current request to play at the Arena, and following receipt of those I am in the process of arranging a meeting with the Club management. I will update you further once the meeting takes place.

Football Clubs are the lifeblood of any community and that is no different here in Darlington. I will continue to do all I can to support ALL sports in our town and to support all constituents of Darlington whichever team they support.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:09 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:03 am

Peter Gibson MP:

⚽️⚽️⚽️ Football⚽️⚽️⚽️

Over on Twitter there has been quite a bit of traffic following my recent correspondence on behalf of Newcastle United Fans.

1. More than sixty residents of Darlington have written to me regarding Newcastle United, and as their MP I have quite correctly taken action on their behalf.

3. I have visited Darlington Football Club, attended my first match just weeks after I was elected. (a 3-0 victory for the Quakers over Alfreton on the 18th January - I’m always pleased to see the Reds beaten 😉)

4. I have joined the membership of Darlington Football Club. (No - not on expenses, that’s not allowed)

5. I have so far received only two letters regarding Darlington Football Clubs current request to play at the Arena, and following receipt of those I am in the process of arranging a meeting with the Club management. I will update you further once the meeting takes place.

Football Clubs are the lifeblood of any community and that is no different here in Darlington. I will continue to do all I can to support ALL sports in our town and to support all constituents of Darlington whichever team they support.
Seems to make some reasonable points.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:24 am

Fair play - all you can ask for is an MP who responds to constituent requests :thumbup:

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:59 am

Need more emails sent to him then , if he got 60 from Newcastle fans in the town, we should be able to outstrip that.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Need more emails sent to him then , if he got 60 from Newcastle fans in the town, we should be able to outstrip that.
Do you think there's more Darlington fans in the constituency than Newcastle? I wouldn't be so sure.

Not that we shouldn't be able to generate more than 60 people writing to him given the collective efforts from Darlington fans on many other issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Spyman wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:02 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:Need more emails sent to him then , if he got 60 from Newcastle fans in the town, we should be able to outstrip that.
Do you think there's more Darlington fans in the constituency than Newcastle? I wouldn't be so sure.

Not that we shouldn't be able to generate more than 60 people writing to him given the collective efforts from Darlington fans on many other issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
:roll:

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:38 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:24 am
Fair play - all you can ask for is an MP who responds to constituent requests :thumbup:
I don’t think the initial tone of the replies he did helped....

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:11 pm

There’s definitely more Newcastle fans in Darlington. The majority of the town have never got behind their club and never will.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 pm

i have sent an email to Peter Gibson MP, a nice email, basically asking for his help.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:03 am

Peter Gibson MP:

⚽️⚽️⚽️ Football⚽️⚽️⚽️

3 and 4 are laughable. Just leave it at 2 (Although i'd be keen to point out that if he's terribly bothered about 2, he'd know that using his public presence to speak in support of Newcastle fans undermines this). Don't pretend to care about something you really don't :roll:

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:21 pm

I have sent an email to Peter Gibson ,more need to do the same if it's amount of emails that get him interested.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:22 pm

I have sent an email to Peter Gibson ,more need to do the same if it's amount of emails that get him interested.in helping out local clubs.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:33 pm

My email did not get through, onewayup did you use the one below

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to peter.gibson.mp@parliament.co.uk because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:40 pm

It's peter.gibson.mp@parliament.uk according to his website

not '@parliament.co.uk'