Ground share

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quaker4life
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ground share

Post by quaker4life » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:48 am

Fat josh wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:28 am
And that proves my point
Arena worshippers don't care if we can get more fans in the Arena than Blackwell meadows they just want to go back.This has been planned by shady characters for years.
The Arena will not pass a safety inspection as its a rusting shithole I have already informed the relevant authorities about this and am canvassing support from other teams as we should not be allowed to swap grounds just for the hell of it.
I think whoever provided the grants for the stands at Blackwell should be informed as well as we are taking the piss with getting them in the first place with no intentions of staying.
Anyone who supports this shambolic idea is frankly a disgrace.
I call for a no confidence vote in the clown in charge.
I'm out fuck this club its dead.
Well then... Where to start?

Let me be clear on this, I have already decided that whilst restrictions are in place I will not be attending games this season, this is something I am doing voluntarily regardless of venue so personally I couldn't care less if home games are moved to the Arena for the interim.

I had hoped this was a wind up but the more you read into it the more you realise its a genuine meltdown, you're almost implying COVID 19 was part of a wider conspiracy to to take Darlo back to the Arena! And I'd love to know who these "shady characters" are? I despise the place as much as you do and would never under any circumstances support a permanent return there. The restrictions though, unlike this virus, will not be around forever and should the league approve it Darlo will not be at the Arena forever so pull yourself together that man!

The only shambolic idea here was yours for writing that hysterical, nonsensical drivel.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:53 am

Visited two Northern league grounds recently apart from taking your contact details and noting attendance under 300 nothing else done. No social distancing observed as fans gathered under only covered areas. No distancing observed in bars or burger stands, handshakes and hugs by players, physios plastic apron blew away in one game. Think I was only one wearing my facemask (darlo) don,t believe any interest at all from FA its al about premier league

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:09 am

quaker4life wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:48 am
Fat josh wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:28 am
And that proves my point
Arena worshippers don't care if we can get more fans in the Arena than Blackwell meadows they just want to go back.This has been planned by shady characters for years.
The Arena will not pass a safety inspection as its a rusting shithole I have already informed the relevant authorities about this and am canvassing support from other teams as we should not be allowed to swap grounds just for the hell of it.
I think whoever provided the grants for the stands at Blackwell should be informed as well as we are taking the piss with getting them in the first place with no intentions of staying.
Anyone who supports this shambolic idea is frankly a disgrace.
I call for a no confidence vote in the clown in charge.
I'm out fuck this club its dead.
And I'd love to know who these "shady characters" are?
Trump knows
https://youtu.be/N7mDddUjZx8?t=914

Maybe they followed FJ home on the bus like they did Trump's person on the plane.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:29 am

Think Fat Josh is best ignored. Clearly he is either a troll an ex fan with a grudge or someone with mental health issues or a combination of all of them. Either way best to leave him to his rantings while the rest of us try to have a sensible debate.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Interesting, wonder if we'll see a similar roll out for the National League?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54014149
Supporters will be allowed back into two games in English Football League competitions next week as test events.

Cambridge United's home matches with Fulham Under-21s in the EFL Trophy on 8 September and the League Two game with Carlisle on Saturday, 12 September are part of the government's pilot scheme.

The club's Abbey Stadium will allow 1,000 fans for the EFL tie and 2,500 for the league game.

Cambridge has been chosen for both fixtures to allow quick "learnings".

An EFL statement said: "Appropriate measures have been applied at the Abbey Stadium, with both terraces and seating arrangements available.

"As a result of two fixtures taking place at the same venue in a short period of time, it will allow for any learnings to be implemented quickly under the same conditions."

Cambridge have previously been part of a joint project by the EFL and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) looking at safe application of social distancing at football grounds.

That work was overseen by crowd dynamics experts Movement Strategies, who will also assess the pilot scheme.

The Premier League season is set to start on 12 September but, as it stands, no fans will be admitted to top-flight matches before October at the earliest.

A limited number of supporters were allowed to watch Brighton's friendly with Chelsea on Saturday, which was also used as a test event.

On Wednesday, the Rugby Football Union announced plans to allow up to 20,000 fans into Twickenham to watch England play Barbarians on 25 October.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:55 pm

Old Git wrote:Think Fat Josh is best ignored. Clearly he is either a troll an ex fan with a grudge or someone with mental health issues or a combination of all of them. Either way best to leave him to his rantings while the rest of us try to have a sensible debate.
Totally agree Old Git, this guy must have an IQ of about 6.....total pea brain and no way is he a Darlo fan.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 pm

Some short memories me thinks.
Can no-one else remember FatJosh/WasteAucklandgate?
Showed his class then.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:27 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 pm
Showed his class then.
That was somebody else.

I'd be surprised if the guy you're thinking of wasn't very much still a Darlo fan.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:27 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
Showed his class then.
That was somebody else.

I'd be surprised if the guy you're thinking of wasn't very much still a Darlo fan.
OK. Sorry if I got it wrong.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:35 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Showed his class then.

You're thinking of Big Tim, later became the club's photographer!

Still a classic though. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22038&p=281967&hili ... nd#p281967

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:51 pm

Old Git wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:29 am
Think Fat Josh is best ignored. Clearly he is either a troll an ex fan with a grudge or someone with mental health issues or a combination of all of them. Either way best to leave him to his rantings while the rest of us try to have a sensible debate.
I wonder if fat Josh could be a rugby club member or player even after all they get plenty of flak on here.