National league north line up confirmed

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

National league north line up confirmed

Post by poppyfield » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:07 pm

Last edited by poppyfield on Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlopartisan

Re: National league north line confirmed

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:11 pm

This is going to be a right good battle to finish in the playoffs or even top spot

JE93

Re: National league north line up confirmed

Post by JE93 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:43 pm

Really interesting season coming up. Obvious questions on whether it will start on the 3rd of October and if it starts after that whether there will be any knock on effects of it being a complete season and cup competitions etc.

But some of the obvious points of interest seem to be:
- Will BPA be as poor again with Bower and Boshell back in charge?
- Will Michael Nelson be able to make Blyth at least competitive?
- Chorley and York look like they will be heading into next season with almost completely new squads.
- Hereford surely can't miss spend as badly as they did last season.
- Gloucester are making some big signings ready for their return to the city (Asante being most notable) are they title contenders?

And on top of all that, no doubt the usual pretenders (Brackley, Spennymoor, Boston) will be strengthened and in and around challenging for playoffs.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:55 pm

Have Bury FC as opposed to Bury AFC been officially binned off?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:03 pm

What's the craic with fylde? Are they really cutting spending or will they be yet another big spender?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:20 pm

The chairman's all for a salary cap now to stop anyone else doing what he did. I think the last of the Blackpool fans have also returned home now.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:24 pm

It was always stupid to imagine the fylde peninsula could support three teams, and blackpool's problems were only going to last so long.

Very nice stand they've got there though - shame it seems to only be full for Brexit rallies.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:57 pm

Looks like it could be a very competitive league next season. All the teams who missed out in the playoffs are likely to make a bold show and Spennymoor will not doubt mount a big challenge. Hereford and Kiddy underperformed and may do better and Chorley and Fylde are likely to be strong too. Hard to name a favourite and I am hoping we can be right in the mix.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:04 pm

The chairman of Fylde did himself no favours by encouraging that ridiculous and highly arrogant 2022 Stop Us If You Can stuff and then slagging off players for having the temerity to leave as well as the Barrow manager for declining the opportunity to manage Fylde.

curried Quaker

Post by curried Quaker » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:07 pm

NLN line up gets stronger and stronger each season. Was hoping to lose Brackley to NLS, but no such luck.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:02 pm

curried Quaker wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:07 pm
NLN line up gets stronger and stronger each season. Was hoping to lose Brackley to NLS, but no such luck.
I agree, it's harder to guess who might struggle than those who could do well.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:05 am

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:02 pm
curried Quaker wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:07 pm
I agree, it's harder to guess who might struggle than those who could do well.
I tip Blyth Spartans, Curzon Ashton and Kettering town to struggle I can also see the owner of Arc Fylde get tired of his plaything in the current economic climate.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:52 am

With the current climate i genuinely think anything could happen in the new season. Plenty of clubs will be reducing budgets just to survive even some of the so called bigger teams. Will certainly be an interesting season but i don't think being 1 of the bigger teams will make much difference this year

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:07 am

Be interesting to see how Chorley adapt having shed lots of their more expensive senior players and the club now being tagged as "young and hungry."

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:27 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:07 am
Be interesting to see how Chorley adapt having shed lots of their more expensive senior players and the club now being tagged as "young and hungry."
Sounds like the sort of bull clubs come out with when they are struggling to me. Remember how Woodgate was going to herald a new dawn at Boro last season with a younger squad. In the end a 71 year old had to be brought in to save the day and you can bet he will be looking to sign proven players for the new season.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:05 pm

I wonder how long Alfreton town and Brackley town's rich owners can continue to prop them up as well as the guy from AFC Fylde ?