David Ferguson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

biccynana
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: David Ferguson

Post by biccynana » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:45 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:38 am
biccynana wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:05 am
al_quaker wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:48 am
Adriano Moke to Spennymor Town too
Presumably not as their Literacy in the Community officer. Remember this?

'Wat u saying then we getting this popping or wat u meet me then or wat mush. Send ur number then u tell me where u are and we get it going then.Tell me where to meet you I meet you there today bring who ever ur bringing tools wateva cos I tell ya now ur gunna need it no joke I’m actually being mad serious.'
I see you bringing this up has been brought up on twitter by those Spennymoor Town fans who lurk on here. They sign a player they think is really good, and they decide to head to darlo uncovered. Weird bunch :lol:
Hehehe. Maybe Brad will buy them some web space so they can have their own forum. They won't need much bandwidth.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:00 pm

Liked Ferguson as a player but very happy with Michael Liddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:27 pm

biccynana wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Hehehe. Maybe Brad will buy them some web space so they can have their own forum. They won't need much bandwidth.
They could call it a Fourum after the number of fans they actually have.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:14 pm

Ferguson confirmed at poolie

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:40 pm

Obviously his higher wages paid for by their Boost the Budget.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:03 pm

The lad is buzzing [IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2020080 ... 7a5132.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:37 pm

loan_star wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:27 pm
biccynana wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:45 pm

They could call it a Fourum after the number of fans they actually have.
Arf!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:30 am

D_F_C wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:14 pm

Wonder if Ferguson knew about the takeover bid before he signed?
Article in Hartlepool Mail https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... rk-2932666

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:40 am

jjljks wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:30 am
D_F_C wrote:

Article in Hartlepool Mail https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... rk-2932666
Just read that article, which is a masterpiece of poor journalism as it seems to rely heavily on Nick Loughlin's apparent insider knowledge and reports what he understands to be going on behind the scenes. But his tweet is full of hyperbole, sounding more like advertising than a dispassionate piece of journalism. Phrases such as 'substantial bid', 'attractive offer', 'firm plans' and 'strongly invest' seem to be more about selling a product than reporting facts. Makes you wonder what devilment might lay behind this bid, if it truly exists. Will the Pool supporters have to hold their noses once again as they have to accept getting into bed with some dubious investors?

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:58 am

And to follow up on the dodgy owner theme, I see a story on how Amnesty International have, with their vast knowledge wading in on behalf of hopeless causes, urged the Premier League to overhaul its owners and directors test as a human rights compliant as they see that the current rules are hopelessly unsuited to the proper scrutiny of the potential buyers of clubs. They are really on the ball as it has only come to their attention after the collapse of the bid to take over Newcastle United. Good to know that such organisations are looking out for the interests of the little people and are not at all swayed by big business. I dare say they will be looking into the same issue with regard to clubs from the lower leagues sometime in the 22nd century, if there are any small clubs left in existence by then.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:27 am

en passant wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:40 am
jjljks wrote:
D_F_C wrote:

Just read that article, which is a masterpiece of poor journalism as it seems to rely heavily on Nick Loughlin's apparent insider knowledge and reports what he understands to be going on behind the scenes. But his tweet is full of hyperbole, sounding more like advertising than a dispassionate piece of journalism. Phrases such as 'substantial bid', 'attractive offer', 'firm plans' and 'strongly invest' seem to be more about selling a product than reporting facts. Makes you wonder what devilment might lay behind this bid, if it truly exists. Will the Pool supporters have to hold their noses once again as they have to accept getting into bed with some dubious investors?
Everything is OK. He has confirmed the offer is from "men of substance and integrity" who want to invest millions in an isolated, loss-making non-league club that doesn't own its own ground just as the world goes into one of the biggest recessions in history. What could possibly go wrong?, apart from the fact that Raj wants his money back and has described the offer as "insulting."

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:11 am

Let’s not forget this is the same Loughlin who championed the Coxall/Goldberg era no doubt after a bit of fluffing up by the aforementioned. Seems he’ll never learn. Who needs enemies when the club has friends like that...

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:13 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:27 am
en passant wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:40 am
jjljks wrote:
D_F_C wrote:

Everything is OK. He has confirmed the offer is from "men of substance and integrity" who want to invest millions in an isolated, loss-making non-league club that doesn't own its own ground just as the world goes into one of the biggest recessions in history. What could possibly go wrong?, apart from the fact that Raj wants his money back and has described the offer as "insulting."
This is one time I almost feel sorry for Poolie fans (almost!) and Ferguson

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:32 am

Ferguson has signed, But will he get to play a game for poolies, craggy strings bleating on he wants funding from the fans for a say in the club .then nick no all says that a take over is on the cards, watch out poolies fans something not ringing true there.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:35 pm

What is it that attracts investment in the Codheads and Gateshead time after time.Just don't get it.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

eek

Post by eek » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:15 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:27 am

The problem is that any sane offer for the club is going to be an insulting amount of money to Raj.

And anyone looking at buying the club is going to feel insulted by the amount of money Raj is asking for considering the club really doesn't have any assets.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Presumably his starting point is the £2m he has invested (loaned) plus probably his totted up interest rate on top. But surely if this consortium has got gazillions to invest in this golden opportunity to take over a non-league club, then paying off RS will be just chicken feed to them.

OYD
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by OYD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:14 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:25 pm
Presumably his starting point is the £2m he has invested (loaned) plus probably his totted up interest rate on top. But surely if this consortium has got gazillions to invest in this golden opportunity to take over a non-league club, then paying off RS will be just chicken feed to them.
Have you heard something we haven't ;)

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:47 pm

I'm hoping Joseph Cala will soon go public on his cash-laden international consortium :D It would be a real bonus if he's wearing his Fila trackie.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:06 am

No surprise to see Loughlin big-up the prospective new buyers. He is as fickle as they come.

It was only recently he was lauding Singh as the saviour & writing several gushing articles in the Echo about how Raj will right a few wrongs in his time at the club.

Now Loughlin is seeing what many have warned from day 1, his beloved Pools subsidised with loans by the millions, on top of the debt owed to SAGE. There have also been dozens of cuts to non-playing staff, with Raj favouring a voluntary model off the pitch.

No doubt any prospective buyer will have to start the bidding at the value of the debt owed to Raj, as LoidLucan points out. That is a big ask for a club that doesn’t own any land.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:04 pm

If the bidding is not financially viable for ragged strings to get his loan money back I fear the Golden share issue will become a factor in his bargaining, as it was at Darlington,
He promised, that promise never materialised.