Dan Maguire Interview

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Dodger
Team Supported: Darlington

Dan Maguire Interview

Post by Darlo Dodger » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:26 pm

PierremontQuaker03

Re: Dan Maguire Interview

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:59 pm

just as we suspected Alun was a big draw for him to come - Alun has got the best out of him so the signs are good.
Plus I think he knows he will be starting week in and week out
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:06 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:just as we suspected Alun was a big draw for him to come - Alun has got the best out of him so the signs are good.
If he Stays fit...🤞

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:08 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:59 pm
just as we suspected Alun was a big draw for him to come - Alun has got the best out of him so the signs are good.
Hopefully he will be a big part of a successful team but nobody guaranteed a start in this squad. We have plenty of attacking options now and he will need to perform to hold down a regular place in the team. Exciting times ahead lets hope we can get started in October but unfortunately it may not happen.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:09 pm

HarrytheQuaker aka Mr Negative strikes again.

Maguire played 135 games in 3 seasons for Blyth prior to signing for York. Have faith.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:20 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:HarrytheQuaker aka Mr Negative strikes again.

Maguire played 135 games in 3 seasons for Blyth prior to signing for York. Have faith.
I'm a realist pal until you see him play you don't know...It was the same with Hatfield and we all know how that turned out..People wank on here about players they seem to know but they need to prove themselves that's all I'm saying... of course I want it to work I've supported darlo for 30 odd years and will continue till I take my last breath

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:46 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:20 pm

I'm a realist pal until you see him play you don't know...It was the same with Hatfield and we all know how that turned out..People wank on here about players they seem to know but they need to prove themselves that's all I'm saying... of course I want it to work I've supported darlo for 30 odd years and will continue till I take my last breath

Of course Harry, but I’ve seen him play a few times & judging by his appearance record at Blyth he does not generally struggle with injuries. An average of 45 league games a season, over 3 seasons, shows that.

Maguire had injury issues at York but I’m more inclined to think it was a combination of being unfortunate (given the nature of injury) and a struggle to adapt to full-time training.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:52 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:09 pm
HarrytheQuaker aka Mr Negative strikes again.
Not a Darlo fan.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:51 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:20 pm

Of course Harry, but I’ve seen him play a few times & judging by his appearance record at Blyth he does not generally struggle with injuries. An average of 45 league games a season, over 3 seasons, shows that.

Maguire had injury issues at York but I’m more inclined to think it was a combination of being unfortunate (given the nature of injury) and a struggle to adapt to full-time training.
That's fair comment..We will see let's hope he stays fit and bangs in goals

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:47 am

My mate supports York and we often discussed Dan’s progress or lack of it last season. The worrying thing for me is that it wasn’t just one injury but four separate issues. Having said that, we all know Alun knows what he’s doing and he hasn’t made a bad signing so far. But it happens to the best. Even Fergy signed a few duffers in his time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk