Playoffs

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Playoffs

Post by spen666 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:11 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:30 am
For god's sake Spen I mentioned on an earlier comment that I picked up this £600k topic from an early post and assumed this was a Balance Sheet sum and not a "note" as you keep blabbing about.Surprisingly I do know the difference, I come across these transactions regularly so stop repeating yourself.As I have stated several times the Balance Sheet values have more relevance, we all know that this is not shown although related companies may give a clue Now can we call a halt to all this, agree to disagree, and for god's sake just concentrate on your own forum......if you have one!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Well if you know what you are talking about, go and look at the relevant accounts and you will see the £600k figure is in the notes to the accounts covering related transactions.

Related Transactions do not necessarily appear on the balance sheet.

I have no idea why you are repeatedly trying to somehow equate a related transaction note with a Balance Sheet item. In any event, if Company A gives to company B a sum of money, it would not appear on balance sheet of either as a debtor or creditor because it is a gift. The balance sheet would only be relevant if company A loaned to Company B money. No one has so far suggested there is any loan involved

You are trying to make a conclusion that is simply not possible on the information available

How much if anything Brad Groves or GAS subsidise Spennymoor Town is not possible to tell from a note to accounts referring to related transactions.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:18 pm

Dear lord, please give it a rest. It doesn't matter if its this much or that much or whatever. The long and short of it is that spenny are healthily backed by their owner, which is the exclusive reason for their recent success. Ultimately they will get promoted and pull ahead of darlo, but in the long run it will not be sustainable and they will disappear, either quickly or slowly.

That is all that needs to be said on the issue, and everything else about accounting notes and inter company transactions is just noise.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:45 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:18 pm
Dear lord, please give it a rest. It doesn't matter if its this much or that much or whatever. The long and short of it is that spenny are healthily backed by their owner, which is the exclusive reason for their recent success. Ultimately they will get promoted and pull ahead of darlo, but in the long run it will not be sustainable and they will disappear, either quickly or slowly.

That is all that needs to be said on the issue, and everything else about accounting notes and inter company transactions is just noise.
That's probably the most sensible post that has been on here for a while.
Now in playoff news I see Alty are leading York 0...2

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:52 pm

Listening to a bit on radio. Apparently a gutless perormance from them.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:53 pm

spen666 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:30 am
For god's sake Spen I mentioned on an earlier comment that I picked up this £600k topic from an early post and assumed this was a Balance Sheet sum and not a "note" as you keep blabbing about.Surprisingly I do know the difference, I come across these transactions regularly so stop repeating yourself.As I have stated several times the Balance Sheet values have more relevance, we all know that this is not shown although related companies may give a clue Now can we call a halt to all this, agree to disagree, and for god's sake just concentrate on your own forum......if you have one!

Well if you know what you are talking about, go and look at the relevant accounts and you will see the £600k figure is in the notes to the accounts covering related transactions.

Related Transactions do not necessarily appear on the balance sheet.

I have no idea why you are repeatedly trying to somehow equate a related transaction note with a Balance Sheet item. In any event, if Company A gives to company B a sum of money, it would not appear on balance sheet of either as a debtor or creditor because it is a gift. The balance sheet would only be relevant if company A loaned to Company B money. No one has so far suggested there is any loan involved

You are trying to make a conclusion that is simply not possible on the information available

How much if anything Brad Groves or GAS subsidise Spennymoor Town is not possible to tell from a note to accounts referring to related transactions.
Bye Spen, relax,chill,have a good weekend and all the best for next season.Just do one please and remove yourself from our message board.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:58 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Listening to a bit on radio. Apparently a gutless perormance from them.
That's a terrible result for York Adam,how much has this cost McGill.On the positive side let's see if we sign the rumoured players AA is after plus another great away day at York and a healthy gate at home.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:04 pm

The gate will be healthier than it would be against Altrincham. But I wish the soul bring half of what we take down there,. Instead of the 200 or so that do come.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Looking forward to visiting York's new ground next season. Now we only need Boston to win & I'll be very happy.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:46 pm

As much as it’s a new stadium, I can’t say I’m massively excited by York’s new ground.

Another soulless, generic, Lego stadium.

As much as Botham Crescent is a bit of a creaking dump, at least it’s a dump with some old school football ground character.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:50 pm

York OOOPS!

One more win would have seen their PPG rise just enough for them to stay in top place and thus gain promotion. We saw their last game at home V Hereford - it was entertaining but the bottom line is that Hereford worked a classic hit and run job on them and York just didn't do what was required.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:53 pm

Heid 1-0 up v Boston.
McGill must be looking at getting out or biting his pet lip as York go out as Alty hoodoo strikes again

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:17 pm

jjljks wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:53 pm
Heid 1-0 up v Boston.
McGill must be looking at getting out or biting his pet lip as York go out as Alty hoodoo strikes again
Harrogate one win away from the FL.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:20 pm

2 1 Boston at HT

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:30 pm

Darlogramps wrote:As much as it’s a new stadium, I can’t say I’m massively excited by York’s new ground.

As much as Botham Crescent is a bit of a creaking dump, at least it’s a dump with some old school football ground character.
Always enjoyed going to Bootham Crescent, really sad they couldn't develop it further but looking forward to meeting them with AA putting together a good looking side.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:38 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:30 pm
Darlogramps wrote:As much as it’s a new stadium, I can’t say I’m massively excited by York’s new ground.

Always enjoyed going to Bootham Crescent, really sad they couldn't develop it further but looking forward to meeting them with AA putting together a good looking side.

Yes, Bootham also blessed by being just out of city centre so choice of pubs & walkable from station. Monk's Cross may be easier to park and I would not say no to a similar stadium at Morton Palms.

Just clocked both Boston goals were pens!
Now 2-2

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:07 pm

Parking at Monks Cross is causing a bit of bother. Either very expensive or very limited.

So for away fans it will be similar to now i.e. pick a suitable place and take a bit of a walk.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:16 pm

Looks like Gateshead aren’t going to progress now 5 2 down

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:31 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Looks like Gateshead aren’t going to progress now 5 2 down
Boston won 5-3 so plenty of derbies to look forward to and pity South Shields were robbed of promotion.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Made a game of it, but 5-3 means the Heid remain in our league!
Agreed, it would have been great to have Shields in there too.
C'mon Boston
Could be a Fenland 1-2 with Kings Lynn

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:39 pm

McGill,pushed the boat out this season hoping for national league premier, oh dear cost of playoffs and him saying he's cutting back his investment?????? ,what next for York in new stadium.????

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:22 pm

“Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:10 pm
I'd be happy with an Altrincham v Boston final, by the way this isn't a prediction!!!“

You must make non-predictions more often, Pete.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:55 pm

biccynana wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:17 pm
jjljks wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:53 pm
Heid 1-0 up v Boston.
Harrogate one win away from the FL.
They will have to get rid of their artificial pitch first.
Wonder how much a second hand plastic pitch would be?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:49 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:07 pm
Parking at Monks Cross is causing a bit of bother. Either very expensive or very limited.

So for away fans it will be similar to now i.e. pick a suitable place and take a bit of a walk.
For me I'll be taking the train, as Monks Cross has a park & ride, so you get a bus from the city centre which will be pretty cheap.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:49 am

Can anyone explain to me how on earth the officials managed to conjure up those two first-half penalty decisions for Boston. Baffling. I see that Simon Ainge only managed to get on as an injury-time sub and Jordan Nicholson just for a few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=026fFC8HglU

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:09 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:49 am
Can anyone explain to me how on earth the officials managed to conjure up those two first-half penalty decisions for Boston. Baffling. I see that Simon Ainge only managed to get on as an injury-time sub and Jordan Nicholson just for a few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=026fFC8HglU
First pen decision is awful, Williamson goes to slide in but pulls out of the challenge whether the Boston player then trips himself up or dives expecting contact I'm not sure, but in either case definitely not a pen.

Second one seems to be for something out of shot cause Williamson gets the yellow card for it. The chat between the ref and lino seems to show it's for pulling in the box, but unless it's absolutely obvious in those situations then it's the kind of thing where if you were consistent you'd have 10 penalties a game for either side.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:38 am

Don`t think any fans will be travelling to away matches next season unless this virus disappears entirely

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:25 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:07 pm

For me I'll be taking the train, as Monks Cross has a park & ride, so you get a bus from the city centre which will be pretty cheap.
£2.90 rtn

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:28 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Don`t think any fans will be travelling to away matches next season unless this virus disappears entirely
Why not?

If people are expected to travel to work they can travel to a footy match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Its highly likely that away fans could be banned while restrictions on attendances are in place.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:47 pm

Feels harsh on us exiles. Telford away is my nearest game, and the away terrace is comfortably big enough for social distancing.