New signing

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New signing

Post by al_quaker » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:06 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:18 pm
spen666 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:37 pm
grimsbyquaker wrote:I see Wrightson has left Blyth today. No news on destination as yet
Sure his name popped up on The Pride message board and notice it had been removed Nick.Pretty sure it will be us or them who sign him.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

What message board would that be?
Not the message board as I don't think you have one, my mistake, but was googling your official site and his name appears.Not sure why?

They do have one, it' s just behind a paywall

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:57 am

Any more rumours doing the rounds as regards new signings, gone a bit quiet lately, a little speculation if you want

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:27 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Any more rumours doing the rounds as regards new signings, gone a bit quiet lately, a little speculation if you want
Just waiting on Kieran Green aren't we?.Read somewhere it's us, York or Halifax but that was over a week ago.Wrightson and Langstaff don't appear to have signed for anyone so they could be in the loop

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Briefly saw AA walking his dogs at weekend , next potential signing has the choice of over six clubs we just have to be patient as hard as it is. Team raring for training and friendlies but still too early.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:52 pm

The pride have signed a decent player from Stockport, Frank Mulhern another bench warmer??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Yes they are spending again and yes they may well be up there again but among the pledges to their small band of fans time around is this from Groves: “Spennymoor Town FC WILL offer promotion-chasing football of an entertaining standard."

Fair enough to be saying you'll be giving it a go for promotion but it's a level of bravado that's bordering on hubris to be making guarantees of that sort before a ball is even kicked. It will certainly ramp up the pressure on Ainsley to deliver this time. Especially as in his assessment in June, Groves said: "On the pitch, I was bitterly disappointed that we only finished eighth in the league.... make no mistake, I think we all expected more having achieved so much and come within a penalty of promotion the season before."

No pressure there then Jase. You WILL deliver.

Footifanreturns

Post by Footifanreturns » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:05 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:52 pm
The pride have signed a decent player from Stockport, Frank Mulhern another bench warmer??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Noticed on the Leeds site he appears to have had a rather chequered history... Plus 4 clubs in a short period time... Seems to be talented though.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:07 pm

As long as he has a good pair of tweezers and a mirror he'll fulfill his role perfectly, I expect.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:12 pm

Perhaps he has a lot of friends and family who are looking to switch their energy supplier.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:57 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:27 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:Any more rumours doing the rounds as regards new signings, gone a bit quiet lately, a little speculation if you want
Just waiting on Kieran Green aren't we?.Read somewhere it's us, York or Halifax but that was over a week ago.Wrightson and Langstaff don't appear to have signed for anyone so they could be in the loop

Can't see Langstaff signing.

I think we are in for Green, but he's left York after rejecting contract and it sounds like he'll be going up a division by the sounds of the press release. The rumours guy on twitter also suggested he's heard Halifax as the front runners.

Maybe we will consider Lambert or Wrightson if Green doesn't come off.

A goalkeeper doesn't look likely to be soon as AA is inviting plenty on trials/friendlies

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:40 pm

Wish I had a tenner for every time a Darlo thread on a Darlo fans forum got sidetracked by people having to mention Spennymoor. It’s as if they live rent free in peoples heads.

Green would be a great signing but the rumour is Halifax. However I’d imagine Armstrong has done his upmost.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:37 am

D_F_C wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:57 pm
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:27 pm

Can't see Langstaff signing.

I think we are in for Green, but he's left York after rejecting contract and it sounds like he'll be going up a division by the sounds of the press release. The rumours guy on twitter also suggested he's heard Halifax as the front runners.

Maybe we will consider Lambert or Wrightson if Green doesn't come off.

A goalkeeper doesn't look likely to be soon as AA is inviting plenty on trials/friendlies
And you were right. He's signed for Gateshead.

Hope we're still in for Lambert and a keeper on loan from Boro.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:18 am

I suppose the alternative might be we end up with Holness returning? I've not seen that he's signed anywhere else yet.

I'd be perfectly happy if that were the case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:29 am

Spyman wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:18 am
I suppose the alternative might be we end up with Holness returning? I've not seen that he's signed anywhere else yet.

I'd be perfectly happy if that were the case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Very happy. We were at our best season last season with him in midfield.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:23 pm

Green confirmed at Halifax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:30 am

Lambert or Holness would do - always thought Green might be a bit ambitious.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:20 am

Always worth the question given AA’s worked with him in the past, but yeah it always felt unlikely.

A goalkeeper and a midfielder and the squad is there I think.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY