Happy Chris Senior Day

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

GrassrootsMatt
Team Supported: Darlington

Happy Chris Senior Day

Post by GrassrootsMatt » Thu May 07, 2020 10:12 am

Where has the time gone?
Come on Darlo!

jjljks

Re: Happy Chris Senior Day

Post by jjljks » Thu May 07, 2020 11:47 am

Thanks for reminding me. I must watch it again, probably our best ever result at Wembley (so far) ;)

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu May 07, 2020 1:02 pm

GrassrootsMatt wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:12 am
Where has the time gone?
That's the one consolation we can hold on to from this mess at the moment - hopefully the sands of time will sweep away this nightmare A.S.A P and we will all be standing together in the tin shed end before we know it. I'm not going to lie this lockdown is really starting to get to me now it's already had a devastating affect on my livelihood and has somebody who suffers with S.A.D (seasonal affective disorder) in the autumn/winter it's absolutely heartbreaking to be imprisoned and miss out on all this sunshine.fingers crossed normality returns in weeks rather than months.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Mister e wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:02 pm
GrassrootsMatt wrote:
Where has the time gone?
That's the one consolation we can hold on to from this mess at the moment - hopefully the sands of time will sweep away this nightmare A.S.A P and we will all be standing together in the tin shed end before we know it. I'm not going to lie this lockdown is really starting to get to me now it's already had a devastating affect on my livelihood and has somebody who suffers with S.A.D (seasonal affective disorder) in the autumn/winter it's absolutely heartbreaking to be imprisoned and miss out on all this sunshine.fingers crossed normality returns in weeks rather than months.
Keep your spirits up. The lockdown is only temporary and we will come through it. Hopefully after this weekend we may be allowed to go out more,

Football may take a while, but it will be back.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu May 07, 2020 6:42 pm

Mister e wrote:
GrassrootsMatt wrote:
Where has the time gone?
Keep your head held high and keep positive best you can :)

If you ever need to chat with someone, my private messages are always open.

Head up. See you on the other side. Up the Darlo.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu May 07, 2020 6:50 pm

Thanks Spen. By the way how is the Spennymoor fund raising appeal going ?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu May 07, 2020 7:59 pm

spen666 wrote:
Mister e wrote:
GrassrootsMatt wrote:
Where has the time gone?
Keep your spirits up. The lockdown is only temporary and we will come through it. Hopefully after this weekend we may be allowed to go out more,

Football may take a while, but it will be back.
Hopefully we won't, as there's still 6000 new cases a day. That needs to come down before we should be going out more - not that I'm enjoying this.

I'd rather get it over with than have another peak in a few months time,

Anyway, happy Chris Senior day Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat May 09, 2020 7:16 pm

Big thanks to Kevin & the video team for cobbling together the fullest record of the match possible. Great to have it on a Saturday too. Hard to believe Tommy Wright's header on 90 mins did not go in (again). Anyway, Chris Senior popped up on 119mn and the smallest lad on the pitch nipped in to seal our finest game at Wembley with a header. Made me forget about Covid-19 for while.Well done to all concerned.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat May 09, 2020 8:40 pm

I've never noticed this before (and I've watched that goal so many times), and the camera angle isn't great, but was there a hint of offside about Senior when Wright headed on Hatch's first header from the throw in?* Try and pause the film just as Wright heads it. Maybe it came off the defender and not Wright. Wonder what VAR would have said :o
https://youtu.be/Skr3yQAxVw8?t=10336

*not that I'm complaining if he was :D

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat May 09, 2020 9:10 pm

biccynana wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:40 pm
I've never noticed this before (and I've watched that goal so many times), and the camera angle isn't great, but was there a hint of offside about Senior when Wright headed on Hatch's first header from the throw in?* Try and pause the film just as Wright heads it. Maybe it came off the defender and not Wright. Wonder what VAR would have said :o

It can't have been offside. The goal was given, end of. :D :roll:

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat May 09, 2020 9:21 pm

joejaques wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:10 pm
biccynana wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:40 pm

It can't have been offside. The goal was given, end of. :D :roll:
Hehehe, you'll do for me :thumbup:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat May 09, 2020 9:23 pm

The extra time footage was good. Most of that was a blur for me on the day, not through drink though - Darlo related stress.

The players that caught my eye today were, Tommy Wright, Chris Moooer and Paul Arnison, all played their part though.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:36 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:The extra time footage was good. Most of that was a blur for me on the day, not through drink though - Darlo related stress.

The players that caught my eye today were, Tommy Wright, Chris Moooer and Paul Arnison, all played their part though.
Thought Tommy had a shocker tbh but who cares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun May 10, 2020 7:06 am

Big thanks to everyone involved in getting the Wembley show on the virtual road. Strange watching it again stone cold sober, but enjoyed every minute. A fine way to spend a lockdown Saturday. :D :roll:
Last edited by joejaques on Sun May 10, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sun May 10, 2020 7:48 am

Though Chandler ticked play over very well all game. Forgot how poor Campbell played.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:02 am

JasonDeVos wrote:Though Chandler ticked play over very well all game. Forgot how poor Campbell played.
Chandler and Arnison outstanding in that game, agree with Campbell and thought Tommy was pretty poor as well. Brilliant watching this again though, the Darlo fans were unbeleivable, different class as always.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fat josh

Post by Fat josh » Sun May 10, 2020 8:08 am

GrassrootsMatt wrote:
Where has the time gone?
9 years since Ted Forsters giro didn't show up and he had to fake his death to cover why he didn't make Wembley 😂
King of uncovered

Leader of the true fans against the Arena return resistance movement

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun May 10, 2020 9:00 am

Aaron Brown was absolutely incredible in this game, his throw was the decisive factor in the goal, for me he was man of the match ,never stopped running and some of the saving tackles were spot on, :thumbup: :clap:

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:25 am

Have to say watching the match back in its entirety I'd forgotten in my opinion how even and edgy I thought the match was it was actually just as nerve shredding even knowing the eventual result! :o :lol: We were slight favourites on the day, but I think a combination of nerves and the humidity stifled us a bit plus injuries to Gary Smith and Chris Moore disrupted us during the match. They probably had the better half chances throughout the 90mins which on another day could have gone against us, although it seemed from 85mins and on to extra time we had the stamina edge and had much clearer opportunities, hitting the woodwork (85 mins and in extra time) and Tommy's 90th min diving header. I honestly thought it was going to be one of those days but up popped Chris Senior and the rest was an emotional blur! :thumbup:

Still can not believe the dismantling of the squad during that summer (binning off Chris Senior I think was a moral blow amongst other bizarre decisions) and what became the beginning of the end :thumbdown: ........However you can also argue that this began the start of really where we are now, which has culminated in us being not too far from that same level of 8 years ago. :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun May 10, 2020 9:52 am

Chandler was outstanding that day. Was sure he'd get back to league football at that time. Sad his relationship with the club has ended up where it is.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sun May 10, 2020 11:05 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:52 am
Chandler was outstanding that day. Was sure he'd get back to league football at that time. Sad his relationship with the club has ended up where it is.
He just followed the vibes elsewhere...

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Was horrendously nervous during the game, had a shocking view of the match (right at the bottom row, behind the goal) and missed extra-time. So thanks to Kev for putting these up.

Absolutely deserved the win looking back with hitting the woodwork three times, Tommy missing a sitter and Miller missing that free header.

Thought Arnison, Miller, Chandler & Bridge-Wilkinson were all very, very good.

Hatch gave the ball away a few times that could have cost us but stuck his head on everything and was very no-nonense.

I think the match summed up why both sides didn’t do much in the league that season, nothing up front. Campbell was awful and Tommy not much better. Senior came on and looked very sharp.

Shame for Gary Smith who, I believe, recovered from that knee injury but then suffered another serious one not long after that playing for a village side.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun May 10, 2020 3:00 pm

Do we know whether Burn not being in the matchday squad was on Fulham's say so (condition of the transfer) or ours (fear of jeopardizing the transfer if he got injured)

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun May 10, 2020 3:40 pm

If memory is correct, I thought it was because he was cup tied, having played for someone else while on loan. :roll:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun May 10, 2020 3:45 pm

joejaques wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:40 pm
If memory is correct, I thought it was because he was cup tied, having played for someone else while on loan. :roll:
He played for us in the semi final.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun May 10, 2020 3:50 pm

loan_star wrote:
joejaques wrote:
Yes played in the semi-final, had a cracking game and didn't he then sign for Fulham who would not release him or loan him back to play in the final.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:06 pm

No.

Dan Burn was still our player, if I remember correctly.

However, he was carrying a knee injury. I’m unsure whether it was us or Fulham that didn’t want him to play (maybe a bit of both?). There was a lot of money involved so I’m not surprised.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun May 10, 2020 4:14 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:45 pm
joejaques wrote:
Oops, the Alzheimer's must be setting in. :D :roll:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:46 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 3:50 pm
Yes played in the semi-final, had a cracking game and didn't he then sign for Fulham who would not release him or loan him back to play in the final.
That's what I remember but he wouldn't have actually transferred to Fulham at that point - he can't have because of the transfer window - but he obviously the formalities of the transfer could have been completed.

I wasn't sure if it was us trying to protect the income or Fulham avoiding injury - I actually suspect we had more to lose than Fulham with it.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 12, 2020 9:51 pm

Chris Senior says he doesn't like Chris Senior day and thinks it should stop! Because it was a team effort and all that....
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!