Boost the budget

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: Boost the budget

Post by shildonlad » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:49 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:18 pm
shildonlad wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:18 pm
Here we go again, wealthy benefactors throwing money at vanity projects with unsustainable fan bases.Brackley, Spenny, Gateshead, Harrogate,Solihull, and now Gloucester.Just what is the logic in throwing away small fortunes on these clubs.Just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Them clubs are actually well ran and the fact the chairman have invested off the field too shows they are there to stay. Anyway whos the wealthy benefactor at gateshead, 1st ive heard if him
What about the previous owners, and don’t they have a consortium of businessmen currently financing them?

The previous owners were hardly wealthy benefactors. Yes as well as the fans financing the club a little bit the other 4 shareholders/investors are businessmen but also fans. Better model than just one guy running the show and the same setup has done barrow, Eastleigh and dover no harm
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

darlo2001uk
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:28 am

JasonDeVos wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:15 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:58 pm
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Here we go again, wealthy benefactors throwing money at vanity projects with unsustainable fan bases.Brackley, Spenny, Gateshead, Harrogate,Solihull, and now Gloucester.Just what is the logic in throwing away small fortunes on these clubs.Just don’t get it.

Them clubs are actually well ran and the fact the chairman have invested off the field too shows they are there to stay. Anyway whos the wealthy benefactor at gateshead, 1st ive heard if him
Gretna, Rushden and Diamonds, Celtic Nation, North Ferriby.......
Colne Dynamoes - that was a proper toys out of the pram job from their owner!

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:51 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:28 am
JasonDeVos wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Gateshead were actually promoted instead of colne dynamoes as colnes ground was not up to scratch. Seems the owner hacked a few people off and could neither get a new ground or ground share sorted
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:38 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:51 pm
darlo2001uk wrote:
JasonDeVos wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Gateshead were actually promoted instead of colne dynamoes as colnes ground was not up to scratch. Seems the owner hacked a few people off and could neither get a new ground or ground share sorted
If you mean he could not get a groundshare to take a promotion already won, you are not allowed to move grounds just to get promoted.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:21 pm

shildonlad wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Sorry, but are they fuck.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:31 pm

shildonlad wrote:
darlo2001uk wrote:
JasonDeVos wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Gateshead were third in the table weren’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:19 pm

Finished second according to Wiki, assume it's accurate.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:50 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:49 am
The previous owners were hardly wealthy benefactors.
The previous, previous owners were wealthy benefactors though - Forgotten their names but they ran the club for about 3 years, and didn't they invest about £2m during that time? (I could be wrong on the figures, maybe another Gateshead fan can correct me if I am wrong, but not you shildonlad because you don't know shite from clay)

And the previous, previous, previous owners were also wealthy benefactors - Graham Wood. Financed you up the leagues and through several seasons of full time conference football on gates of 500. Was able to finance the signing of Russell, Hatch, and that other fucker, when we couldn't afford their wages.

You were bankrolled for years man by various owners, and had just one year under clowns, thankfully you got shot of them.

Now you're bankrolled again, no point denying it, the fans have a small stake and the business men have the majority - they're putting the major money in - wasn't it 350k last close season?.

But at least having some fan ownership has ignited extra interest in your club and gates have gone up. So if it doesn't work out with the 4 musketeers you have a better fan base and better fan interest to carry on your club, so that is a positive.

But don't be coming on here telling us about fan ownership man.

Only Darlo are pure.

Darlogramps

Boost the budget

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:05 pm

The Bennetts are the owners you’re after. Came in, pumped a couple of million into the club, ran it unsustainably, then foisted it off onto the first dodgy charlatan who showed up and ran a mile.

They claimed to love the club so much, until they saw how much it was costing and legged it.
They left it in the hands of Varghese and Cala without doing any sort of checks. Sign of a really loving owner that.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:52 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Finished second according to Wiki, assume it's accurate.

Memory fail there then but I’m sure they did get promoted one year when finishing third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:41 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:50 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:49 am
The previous owners were hardly wealthy benefactors.
The previous, previous owners were wealthy benefactors though - Forgotten their names but they ran the club for about 3 years, and didn't they invest about £2m during that time? (I could be wrong on the figures, maybe another Gateshead fan can correct me if I am wrong, but not you shildonlad because you don't know shite from clay)

And the previous, previous, previous owners were also wealthy benefactors - Graham Wood. Financed you up the leagues and through several seasons of full time conference football on gates of 500. Was able to finance the signing of Russell, Hatch, and that other fucker, when we couldn't afford their wages.

You were bankrolled for years man by various owners, and had just one year under clowns, thankfully you got shot of them.

Now you're bankrolled again, no point denying it, the fans have a small stake and the business men have the majority - they're putting the major money in - wasn't it 350k last close season?.

But at least having some fan ownership has ignited extra interest in your club and gates have gone up. So if it doesn't work out with the 4 musketeers you have a better fan base and better fan interest to carry on your club, so that is a positive.

But don't be coming on here telling us about fan ownership man.

Only Darlo are pure.
Seems every clubs bankrolled apart from darlington. As i say not every club can be fan owned. Is it some sort of crime business men who are also football fans investing in clubs?
Last edited by shildonlad on Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:45 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:05 pm
The Bennetts are the owners you’re after. Came in, pumped a couple of million into the club, ran it unsustainably, then foisted it off onto the first dodgy charlatan who showed up and ran a mile.

They claimed to love the club so much, until they saw how much it was costing and legged it.
They left it in the hands of Varghese and Cala without doing any sort of checks. Sign of a really loving owner that.
The bennots had the cash and alot was invested at least for the first couple of seasons but they wasted alot of money and made a few blunders and relationships with the fans was not good during the final season. If they spent money more wisely they would not have been in a rush to sell to anyone that came along, part of me thinks it was sold to cala and co as some sort of revenge

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:49 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:19 pm
Finished second according to Wiki, assume it's accurate.

It is, thats what i was told by guys who were around back then. Apparently colne were un-stoppable that season, no one come close to catching then but things off the field i.e the ground had not progressed and theres been a few similar after: good team bit poor ground

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:19 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:05 pm

The bennots had the cash and alot was invested at least for the first couple of seasons but they wasted alot of money and made a few blunders and relationships with the fans was not good during the final season. If they spent money more wisely they would not have been in a rush to sell to anyone that came along, part of me thinks it was sold to cala and co as some sort of revenge
Who the Fook are the Bennots???

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:41 am

shildonlad wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:41 pm
Seems every clubs bankrolled apart from darlington.
That's the top and bottom of it, yes (in this league). Well spotted.

As I said, only Darlo are pure.
s i say not every club can be fan owned. Is it some sort of crime business men who are also football fans investing in clubs?
No, it's not a crime. But as you can imagine it makes life tougher for proper, pure, morally higher ground clubs like us.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:47 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:41 am
shildonlad wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:41 pm
Seems every clubs bankrolled apart from darlington.
That's the top and bottom of it, yes (in this league). Well spotted.

As I said, only Darlo are pure.
s i say not every club can be fan owned. Is it some sort of crime business men who are also football fans investing in clubs?
No, it's not a crime. But as you can imagine it makes life tougher for proper, pure, morally higher ground clubs like us.
So every other club apart from darlington are clogging up the pyramid as they are immoral and not fan owned? I would only say that if clubs were refusing promotion or were not investing in grounds meaning they could not go up. Pretty hard these days for clubs to refuse promotion In the pyramid

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 pm

http://www.chesterfc.com/boostthebudget/
Looks very similar to ours

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:31 pm

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:43 am

Another chance to boost the budget, don't take the refund offered on season tickets🙌

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:05 am

jjljks wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:43 am
Another chance to boost the budget, don't take the refund offered on season tickets🙌
I think there will be very few,if any,asking for a refund.Another few grand for the pot :thumbup:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:43 am

https://www.gofundme.com/f/pools-budget-booster

Hartlepools attempt seems to have stalled a bit

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:28 pm

loan_star wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:43 am

Quite a bit of money raised for the PPE in Raj Singh's nursing homes to be fair 😁😁😁😁

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Mister e wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:28 pm
loan_star wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:43 am

Quite a bit of money raised for the PPE in Raj Singh's nursing homes to be fair 😁😁😁😁
So, he won't need to shell out for a mask when he robs the fund. :lol: :roll:

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:39 pm

I'm curious as to how exactly 30k will do anything to fill the holes in their finances? Seems a very unambitious target to say the least.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:02 pm

Chester have announced that theirs has now beaten the £80'000 barrier. That's not a bar effort in all fairness.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Bad effort that should read.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:17 am

Mister e wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:02 pm
Chester have announced that theirs has now beaten the £80'000 barrier. That's not a bar effort in all fairness.
With 50 days to hit a 100k target, they were always gonna smash that target.

They’ll hit 150k no bother, credit where credits due :clap: :clap:

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:46 am

Mister e wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:02 pm
another fan owned club arent they?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Chester board have delayed their decision until Monday about the playoffs. Perhaps they are watching the progress on BTB as finances are critical. Big risk for all of the clubs involved as only 1 winner & 5 losers who must take a hit on next season's budget

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:39 pm

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2020062 ... ee0663.jpg[/IMG]
York doing ok