Chris Elliott

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Chris Elliott

Post by Spyman » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Released, along with Simon Ainge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Emdubya

Re: Chris Elliott

Post by Emdubya » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:21 pm

Can’t believe we’ve let our 20 goals a season striker go 🤪🤪

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:45 pm

Thanks to both players for their services. Ainge was a wage we simply couldn't afford. Elliott really staked a claim to be No.1 next season in his spell from January onward. But for me I think the value in these leagues is always to have a cheaper on loan keeper from a league club. Would be very happy to have Zac Hemming back on loan from Boro or someone of that ilk (when football returns of course).

As interesting is who hasn't been announced. Trotman for example, I didnt get the indication he was likely to re sign for next season based on his netcafe but no announcement yet. Also, we know the likes Campbell and Hatfield are out of contract hopefully that means the club is working on sensible deals for these players, to start when football begins again.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Trotman’s Netcafe :thumbdown:

It would seem his head is elsewhere and he kept banging on about the travelling.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 01, 2020 7:56 am

Yes he'd improved towards the end of the season just gone, but he never inspired confidence & I'm sure there are better options out there. But thanks Chris for your efforts & I hope you find another club.

bga

Post by bga » Fri May 01, 2020 9:10 am

JE93 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:45 pm
Thanks to both players for their services. Ainge was a wage we simply couldn't afford. Elliott really staked a claim to be No.1 next season in his spell from January onward. But for me I think the value in these leagues is always to have a cheaper on loan keeper from a league club. Would be very happy to have Zac Hemming back on loan from Boro or someone of that ilk (when football returns of course).

As interesting is who hasn't been announced. Trotman for example, I didnt get the indication he was likely to re sign for next season based on his netcafe but no announcement yet. Also, we know the likes Campbell and Hatfield are out of contract hopefully that means the club is working on sensible deals for these players, to start when football begins again.
" Ainge was a wage we simply couldn't afford"............ plus he really was a big disappointment!

bga

Post by bga » Fri May 01, 2020 9:13 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 pm
Trotman’s Netcafe :thumbdown:

It would seem his head is elsewhere and he kept banging on about the travelling.
Agree he is very unlikely to to resign. Plus he has deferred his final year at Uni so he doesn't seem entirely committed to that either as Love Island has taken over his life.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri May 01, 2020 9:30 am

bga wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:10 am
JE93 wrote:

" Ainge was a wage we simply couldn't afford"............ plus he really was a big disappointment!
He was, but he's also played most games he's been fit at CB for Boston, who are the 3 or 4th best team in the league this season. Doesn't work out for players sometimes, and I agree he wasn't mobile enough to be a forward anymore. But I think it's fair to say he's good enough for this division at CB, just not at that price.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon May 04, 2020 1:22 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:56 am
Yes he'd improved towards the end of the season just gone, but he never inspired confidence & I'm sure there are better options out there. But thanks Chris for your efforts & I hope you find another club.
Agreed, he was getting better so perhaps we could get him a cap as a going away present?

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:26 am

JE93 wrote:
Thanks to both players for their services. Ainge was a wage we simply couldn't afford. Elliott really staked a claim to be No.1 next season in his spell from January onward.
And then undid it all all in the space of 90 minutes, in our last match.

Once that was seen it couldn't be unseen, and would forever leave doubts in people's minds going forwards. Could it happen again, if so how often? I don't know if he maybe had a chance of a new contract before Farsley, but that match was a new contract killer.