Raj Singh

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Raj Singh

Post by loan_star » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Emdubya

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Emdubya » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:42 pm

What’s that they say about leopards and spots??
Go get him Higgy,take the pricks eyes out.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:45 pm

Take him for what he owes you higgy, the snake will try to slip out of payment.
He is basically dishonest ,told us he did what he certainly didn't time and again. Would not trust this guy .
How he managed to get through the right and proper person check by the F A is very questionable.
He will rinse poolies that is for sure .

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:23 pm

No doubt when Dave Challinor is sacked, he'll struggle to get anybody decent as people will know what Raj Singh is like & can't be trusted to honour contracts.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:43 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:23 pm
No doubt when Dave Challinor is sacked, he'll struggle to get anybody decent as people will know what Raj Singh is like & can't be trusted to honour contracts.
I thought you were one of the people who wanted him back in at Darlo Pete?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:42 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:43 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
At the time I said that we should listen to what he had to say, which is a fair bit short of wanting him back in charge of the club. In hindsight it was a good job that he wasn't allowed back to the club. As the saying goes 'hindsight is a wonderful thing'.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Expect the totally unexpected to happen

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:04 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:47 pm
Expect the totally unexpected to happen
It was unexpected that Singh would try to fleece an ex employee of HUFC?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:48 pm

Thank goodness that awful man is no longer anything to do with our club. We may not have much money but at least we can be proud of our club.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:09 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:42 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
At the time I said that we should listen to what he had to say, which is a fair bit short of wanting him back in charge of the club. In hindsight it was a good job that he wasn't allowed back to the club. As the saying goes 'hindsight is a wonderful thing'.
I was the same Pete, I wanted to hear the man out. However when he bottled out of that podcast it showed that things hadn't changed and his actions since have reinforced that view.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:01 pm

I wonder what will happen first the United Kingdom being unlocked or Raj Singh putting Hartlepool United into administration.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:58 pm

loan_star wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:09 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:42 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I was the same Pete, I wanted to hear the man out. However when he bottled out of that podcast it showed that things hadn't changed and his actions since have reinforced that view.
Yes I know you were Robbo, there were a few of us around. But we dodged a bullet there & I don't mind admitting that I was wrong.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:34 am

Didn't something similar happen to Cooper when Singh sacked him? And of course, we know all too well that when Mr Singh doesn't want to be contacted, he can't be contacted. Plenty of similarities between 2011/12 and what's happening at Hartlepool. Maybe all the fawning coverage in the local press about Mr Singh when he bought Hartlepool was perhaps a little misplaced...

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:12 am

Jeff hartlepool sterling ,will have alot to answer for, he wouldn't take heed of this guys past football indiscretions after numerous warnings from people who had dealings with the dishonest lying man.i cannot bring myself to mention the name. Horrible person.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:36 am

Personally I never wanted to hear what Singh had to say - words are just words and Singh could have sicked up a platter of silver tongued B.S. if he'd turned up to speak to us as proposed.

Actions speak louder than words.
Last edited by theoriginalfatcat on Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:49 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:36 am
Personally I never wanted to hear what Singh had to say - words are just words and Singh could sicked up a platter of silver tongued B.S. if he'd turned up to speak to us as proposed.

I was in the same camp, didn't see the point in listening to what he had to say as it couldn't be believed anyhow.

I didn't have any issue with him not wanting to continue to throw money in every month back in 2012 but the way he handled the rest showed you what type of person he was. How could you trust someone like that to run your football club, even if he offered cash initially you were putting him in control and evidence suggests he can't be trusted to be in control.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:50 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Personally I never wanted to hear what Singh had to say - words are just words and Singh could sicked up a platter of silver tongued B.S. if he'd turned up to speak to us as proposed.

My feelings exactly :clap:

Don’t trust the man after his shenanigans the 1st time round, he’s showing the kind of bloke he is by slowly killing off Pools.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:10 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

I was in the same camp, didn't see the point in listening to what he had to say as it couldn't be believed anyhow.

I didn't have any issue with him not wanting to continue to throw money in every month back in 2012 but the way he handled the rest showed you what type of person he was. How could you trust someone like that to run your football club, even if he offered cash initially you were putting him in control and evidence suggests he can't be trusted to be in control.
Exactly this. I was astounded people were even contemplating him being on board, given what happened with the administration.

It wasn’t just he ran it badly and left us in the mire. He’d say one thing and then do another (take the golden share).

Not only could he not be trusted, but it would have been humiliating and reckless to go crawling back to the man who’d nearly destroyed us a few years before.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:09 pm

To move into topic drift - I like the fan owned model, in fact I like it a lot more now than I did when we started with it.

It doesn't please me that Hartlepool are having issues with Singh, however it does please me that Darlington are not!

It pleases me that our football club can't be used, abused and toyed with by the likes of Singh, and if that means rocking around in this division a bit longer than so be it.

One more short sentence.

And I'm out of here.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:34 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Exactly this. I was astounded people were even contemplating him being on board, given what happened with the administration.

It wasn’t just he ran it badly and left us in the mire. He’d say one thing and then do another (take the golden share).

Not only could he not be trusted, but it would have been humiliating and reckless to go crawling back to the man who’d nearly destroyed us a few years before.
Same. I just do not see the sense in handing out club over to anyone, at any stage now really, unless it was absolutely necessary to keep the club afloat.

We've gone to the bottom, sustained the club ourselves, and it was fine. Yes the football was of a low standard but that's better than no football.

Unless a Saudi mass murderer comes along, there will always be 'the next level' that we can hope someone funds us to. So ultimately what is the point? Buy one promotion, maybe two, then stagnate and cry out for someone richer to come along and provide the same again?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:44 pm

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:49 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Clearly remember a discussion with my 3 Darlo supporting friends at the time, we were all in agreement that if he came in then we would have stopped coming to games until he had gone again.. And we were all sure that he wouldn't last.
He may last a couple of more years at pools but it will all end in tears over there.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:42 pm

Raj Singh said after his purchase of the Poolies: "One, I am a big football fan. Two, I want to put a perceived wrong, right.”
Perceived? That’s a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Fascinating dissection of Hartlepool’s accounts on Kieran Maguire’s Twitter.

They lost 860k for 2018/19, and Singh is already owed £1.5m.

Fortunately when it’s time to sell up, he’ll just write it all off like he did with us.....
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:40 pm

The situation when Singh tried to re-emerge reminds me of this little gem ... "fool me once shame on you - fool me twice shame on me"
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:53 am

Darlogramps wrote:Fascinating dissection of Hartlepool’s accounts on Kieran Maguire’s Twitter.

Fortunately when it’s time to sell up, he’ll just write it all off like he did with us.....
Interestingly, total creditors of £2.73m which will include his loan.Those figures will have worsened this financial year so god knows what the Balance Sheet will show now.Would you honestly swap our position with theirs bearing in mind they are only one league above us.If I was a Codhead I would be pretty worried to say the least because this guy will not hang around for too long.
Up the Quakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:07 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Truly terrifying accounts. Meanwhile, on the BBC Tees Sport podcast, Singh is openly questioning "how long does one man keep putting money into a non-league club?" and other such statements ("how long do we keep going?", "am I expected to put in the 400k? [to cover costs related to coronavirus impacting on season tickets]").

I'm so glad we aren't reliant on one person to bankroll our football club anymore - let alone a man like Singh.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:14 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:53 am
Darlogramps wrote:Fascinating dissection of Hartlepool’s accounts on Kieran Maguire’s Twitter.

Interestingly, total creditors of £2.73m which will include his loan.Those figures will have worsened this financial year so god knows what the Balance Sheet will show now.Would you honestly swap our position with theirs bearing in mind they are only one league above us.If I was a Codhead I would be pretty worried to say the least because this guy will not hang around for too long.
Up the Quakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not totally but I would love to have a stadium like that owned by the council who are supportive of the football club whatever happens.

Whilst I wouldn't want to be in their position, even if they went pop and started again, as long as they stick together they still have an advantage over us.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 am

al_quaker wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:07 am
Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Truly terrifying accounts. Meanwhile, on the BBC Tees Sport podcast, Singh is openly questioning "how long does one man keep putting money into a non-league club?" and other such statements ("how long do we keep going?", "am I expected to put in the 400k? [to cover costs related to coronavirus impacting on season tickets]").

I'm so glad we aren't reliant on one person to bankroll our football club anymore - let alone a man like Singh.
Yeah listened to that, sounds like Raj wants others to come in which hasn't happened, so he will now accept supporter money but as the biggest shareholder still wants to be the one making the decisions. Whilst I understand his position that wouldn't entice me to put any money in and presume it's the Trusts stumbling block.

Other than say next season where they somehow make it back to the Football league or have an FA Cup run and draw Man Utd away, then they are in big trouble moving forward.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:18 am

Just listened to the bbc tees interview - I have heard it all before. Same s*** different day.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:20 am

Their position with the stadium is a certainly to their benefit. The council's decision not to sell gets some flak at times, but it'll come off as very astute if it all goes tits up.

I'm actually a bit surprised Singh is making these noises. I really thought he might have been stung by what happened with us, and he can hardly say he didn't know what to expect of running a conference level club. But it really does sound familiar doesn't it?