Raj Singh

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by LoidLucan » Thu May 14, 2020 12:23 pm

I do hope Singh hasn't got behind on the Sage repayments because of all the empty beds he was complaining so tactfully about.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu May 14, 2020 6:10 pm

All those people who have said in recent months that remaining a fans owned club is unsustainable if we want to return to the football league need to stop and have a long hard think. Many football league clubs who are beholden to a rich benefactor are going to struggle to get through this crisis. It's not just Raj Singh who's in the mire I've said it before and I'll say it again I'd much rather be challenging and successful at our current level than be a struggling football league club beholden to another in a long line of false messiahs.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu May 14, 2020 6:22 pm

Mister e wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:10 pm
All those people who have said in recent months that remaining a fans owned club is unsustainable if we want to return to the football league need to stop and have a long hard think. Many football league clubs who are beholden to a rich benefactor are going to struggle to get through this crisis. It's not just Raj Singh who's in the mire I've said it before and I'll say it again I'd much rather be challenging and successful at our current level than be a struggling football league club beholden to another in a long line of false messiahs.
Whilst the current crisis will be a strain on business men or benefactors who own clubs It will also be a strain on fans who put money into fan owned clubs
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu May 14, 2020 6:29 pm

£81000 smashed into the Boost the Budget says different.

Darlogramps

Raj Singh

Post by Darlogramps » Thu May 14, 2020 7:06 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Mister e wrote:
Whilst the current crisis will be a strain on business men or benefactors who own clubs It will also be a strain on fans who put money into fan owned clubs
If you’re going to troll, come up with something better than that.

Telling a club whose fans have raised 80k in a fortnight, amid a pandemic and economic crisis, that fans are going to struggle to fund clubs is a pathetic attempt at trolling.

Either that or you’re incredibly dense. One of the two, or maybe a combination of both.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu May 14, 2020 7:21 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:06 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Mister e wrote:
If you’re going to troll, come up with something better than that.

Telling a club whose fans have raised 80k in a fortnight, amid a pandemic and economic crisis, that fans are going to struggle to fund clubs is a pathetic attempt at trolling.

Either that or you’re incredibly dense. One of the two, or maybe a combination of both.
I am no having a go at our fans or trolling far from it if you actually read properly I'm advocating the fans owned model is the best way forward I'm simply stating that the clubs who are funded by a sole benefactor are going to struggle to come through this mess. Why would I have a go at our own fans we may even end up higher in the pyramid by default if some clubs fall by the wayside. Onwards and upwards.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu May 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Sorry gramps half asleep didn't read the other post by shildon lad must get my eyes tested.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri May 15, 2020 9:13 am

Raising 80k in a fortnight is a brilliant effort from the fans there is no question.
However it would take a lot more than that to sustain a club in the Football League. The fan ownership model is fine at this level but if we are ever to move up the pyramid I just don’t see it would be enough. Right now most of us are probably just happy to have a team to support next season.
I have previously wanted the club to have ambitions of a return to the EFL and was not a big advocate of fan ownership. Maybe the pandemic will change the way some of us think about the future of the club.

eek

Post by eek » Fri May 15, 2020 9:23 am

Old Git wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:13 am
Raising 80k in a fortnight is a brilliant effort from the fans there is no question.
However it would take a lot more than that to sustain a club in the Football League. The fan ownership model is fine at this level but if we are ever to move up the pyramid I just don’t see it would be enough. Right now most of us are probably just happy to have a team to support next season.
I have previously wanted the club to have ambitions of a return to the EFL and was not a big advocate of fan ownership. Maybe the pandemic will change the way some of us think about the future of the club.
When things return to normal the world is going to be a different place. I suspect a lot of football clubs will no longer be able to absorb the losses their current business models create.

A lot of clubs will need a Walsall type model with significant external income sources to support their team and even that may not be enough.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:42 am

eek wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:23 am

When things return to normal the world is going to be a different place. I suspect a lot of football clubs will no longer be able to absorb the losses their current business models create.

A lot of clubs will need a Walsall type model with significant external income sources to support their team and even that may not be enough.

If football clubs adopt this approach ( and I expect many will), it is ignoring the elephant in the room. Clubs are paying out too much money in wages compared to their "earnings". A football club should be able to survive on the earnings it generates without having to rely on sugar daddy's or fans annual collections.

Most other businesses do not have a funding model that relies every year on donations from owners ( whether individuals, consortium or fan owned) with no prospect to that business ever being profitable.

The current situation may slow in the short term, the throwing of money at football clubs, but they will probably continue to pay out unrealistic wages to players.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Fri May 15, 2020 10:42 am

spen666 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:42 am
eek wrote:

If football clubs adopt this approach ( and I expect many will), it is ignoring the elephant in the room. Clubs are paying out too much money in wages compared to their "earnings". A football club should be able to survive on the earnings it generates without having to rely on sugar daddy's or fans annual collections.

Most other businesses do not have a funding model that relies every year on donations from owners ( whether individuals, consortium or fan owned) with no prospect to that business ever being profitable.

The current situation may slow in the short term, the throwing of money at football clubs, but they will probably continue to pay out unrealistic wages to players.
Clubs relying on sugar daddies...

Ironic post of the year

Darlogramps

Raj Singh

Post by Darlogramps » Fri May 15, 2020 11:45 am

spen666 wrote:
eek wrote:

Better tell that to Uncle Brad.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:45 am
spen666 wrote:
eek wrote:

If you want him to know, then you tell him

Football finances are madness at all clubs.

What other business has a business plan where the owners ( no matter who they are) contribute £000's every season to enable the business to continue to pay out more than the club earn. There is no prospect of getting that money back. Its not an investment in a start up business that eventually will make a profit. It is simply propping up expenditure that is not realistic.

It matters not whether the money comes from a rich Arab owner, a local sugar daddy , supporters of clubs aving annual collections or even consortiums. The question that needs to be asked is why do clubs need this cash injection? The answer is because they are paying wages that are ridiculously high for the "earned" income of the club.

Clubs will continue to go into administration or bankrupt until the wages they pay out are more realistic.

Its a matter that affects all clubs and until those expenses are controlled the situation will continue to arise. Clubs are competing with each other to spend unsustainable amounts

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri May 15, 2020 4:04 pm

But until these sugar daddies stop funding clubs beyond their natural means then other clubs are always going to try and keep up.
Better to have a few hundred fans contribute a little extra than one bloke to fund the lot.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat May 16, 2020 1:23 pm

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sat May 16, 2020 1:33 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:23 pm
Singh speaks again....

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... er-2854839
Think someone regrets buying them. Super effort for their boost the budget.....

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 pm

loan_star wrote:
Singh speaks again....

The parallels between now and the last few months before he put us into administration in late 2011 are very striking.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat May 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:53 pm
loan_star wrote:
Singh speaks again....

The parallels between now and the last few months before he put us into administration in late 2011 are very striking.
Its what I've been telling them on the bunker. They can't say they haven't been warned.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:17 pm

Interesting to note Radged say that he committed £1m to tidy things up, then hopefully with Jeff Stelling fronting things, they'd be able to bring further investors in, which hasn't happened - leaving poor old Radged putting more money in.

Radged of course is failing to acknowledge the elephant in the room, which is himself :lol:

Would you step up and invest in a club where the chairman has previously put another club into administration and tried to get it liquidated? You'd think twice wouldn't you?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat May 16, 2020 3:41 pm

Next step "I'm not expecting to get anything back". And after that, how long until plug is pulled? :roll:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat May 16, 2020 3:52 pm

Raj is the elephant in the room. definitely .

If you were a minor investor and he pulled the strings, you would become no more than a patsy. You'd have no say about anything important and garner no respect from the great man himself in the process.

I remember Singh as having a great line in snappy suits, however that's the only good thing I have to say about him.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat May 16, 2020 3:57 pm

The plug is rising slowly this is soon to end in Disaster, could raj get anything back ,I really hope not.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat May 16, 2020 4:12 pm

If I were a Poolie fan(god forbid) I would be very worried right now. If it looks like a rat smells like a rat and tastes like a rat it’s a rat. Raj has form when it comes to ditching a football club when the going gets tough and it’s certainly tough right now. How long before he calls in his loans?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat May 16, 2020 4:21 pm

How old are you Old Git?

Could you clear up this mystery for us please?
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat May 16, 2020 5:32 pm

A mere boy in his sixties

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 16, 2020 6:03 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:32 pm
A mere boy in his sixties
A mere slip of a lad.

Richie_darlo

Post by Richie_darlo » Sun May 17, 2020 12:02 am

spen666 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:36 pm
Darlogramps wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:45 am
spen666 wrote:
eek wrote:

If you want him to know, then you tell him

Football finances are madness at all clubs.

What other business has a business plan where the owners ( no matter who they are) contribute £000's every season to enable the business to continue to pay out more than the club earn. There is no prospect of getting that money back. Its not an investment in a start up business that eventually will make a profit. It is simply propping up expenditure that is not realistic.

It matters not whether the money comes from a rich Arab owner, a local sugar daddy , supporters of clubs aving annual collections or even consortiums. The question that needs to be asked is why do clubs need this cash injection? The answer is because they are paying wages that are ridiculously high for the "earned" income of the club.

Clubs will continue to go into administration or bankrupt until the wages they pay out are more realistic.

Its a matter that affects all clubs and until those expenses are controlled the situation will continue to arise. Clubs are competing with each other to spend unsustainable amounts
"It matters not whether the money comes from a rich Arab owner, a local sugar daddy , supporters of clubs aving annual collections or even consortiums. The question that needs to be asked is why do clubs need this cash injection? The answer is because they are paying wages that are ridiculously high for the "earned" income of the club."

"A local sugar daddy"? Which clubs in the North-East at our level does that remind you of, Spen?

"supporters of clubs aving annual collections [sic]" By that do you mean our fan-owned club receiving income from its fans? Are you seriously suggesting that spending money raised and donated by our own supporters means that Darlington FC's business model is unsustainable?

Here's one more question for you. Feel free to ignore the others and just answer this one; it's up to you. Which business model is more sustainable: that of Darlington FC, funded by its supporters; or that of Spennymoor, funded by a local sugar daddy?

While I'm here, kindly stop pontificating about your purported knowledge of all things legal. I can't generally be bothered to call you out on it because I've got better and more important things to do in life; but you're a two-faced snake who's got no business whatsoever posting on this messageboard, you want taking down a peg or two, and I won't hesitate to do so in future, you pompous twat.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun May 17, 2020 7:15 am

Unless you’re a highly trained legal expert you’ll be no match for Spen!
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun May 17, 2020 11:10 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:17 pm
Interesting to note Radged say that he committed £1m to tidy things up, then hopefully with Jeff Stelling fronting things, they'd be able to bring further investors in, which hasn't happened - leaving poor old Radged putting more money in.

Radged of course is failing to acknowledge the elephant in the room, which is himself :lol:

Would you step up and invest in a club where the chairman has previously put another club into administration and tried to get it liquidated? You'd think twice wouldn't you?
twice...he was hardly absent when Houghton was playing games to try and get covenants lifted.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun May 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Believe me George Houghton suckred Singh, invited him into the boardroom took 1,000000,m and then got out with Singh's million.all within a few weeks as I recall.