Raj Singh

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Ghost_Of_1883
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:39 am

eddie-rowles wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:08 pm
"It could happen again as it did with Darlo, some people say I'm unlucky but in a nutshell I don't want it to happen again. At Darlo everyone was involved and knew better than me , I got bitter and it failed, but Hartlepool fans must be realistic I cannot keep putting money in, the club is for sale but like at Darlo you have nothing to sell only losses"

My God he sounds more and more like George Reynolds the chimp stranglers are knackered
No Radged, you're just a cunnt.

Wow, never knew the chimps were up for sale - if they don't get a buyer then administration is inevitable.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 am

Nothing new than ,we Darlington fans knew this was going to be the case and poolies were urged to listen or he would put them into a position of sale or administration,
He isn't a football man never will be. He will only be remembered for the destruction of clubs .

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:23 am

Why did he put over £1m into Poolies, how will he get a return on that investment,what is the objective,is it all down to ego as there are no future land deals on the horizon for him like there may have been with us.
Why throw all this money away on non league clubs, especially a full time non league club.Just seems crazy and illogical and listening to that podcast ,with the lockdown and how it is impacting on his businesses as well as Poolies, it appears he wants out pretty soon.Worrying times for them especially after looking at that Balance Sheet at June 2019 which will be a whole lot worse now.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Fri May 01, 2020 1:32 pm

Tried to look at the poolie fan forum but it appears that the are in an angry mood as this message has appeared

"Disabled for 48 hours or until people calm the fuck down" :think:

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri May 01, 2020 1:47 pm

robsraiders wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:32 pm
Tried to look at the poolie fan forum but it appears that the are in an angry mood as this message has appeared

Yes we all know who'll be behind that don't we he loves the accolades but can't take the brickbats. Do you remember the awful match day magazines we had at the arena under his tenure - each front cover featured Raj says this Raj says that Raj was a patronising ....

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri May 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Mister e wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:47 pm
robsraiders wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:32 pm

Yes we all know who'll be behind that don't we he loves the accolades but can't take the brickbats. Do you remember the awful match day magazines we had at the arena under his tenure - each front cover featured Raj says this Raj says that Raj was a patronising ....
It's an argument over politics I believe and nothing to do with Footy.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri May 01, 2020 2:33 pm

This sequel "Raj Singh at Hartlepool" is too much like the original, "Raj singh at Darlington", so I'm hoping that in the third outing "Raj singh at Spennymoor" there will be a fundamental plot twist, you know - something new.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri May 01, 2020 3:22 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:23 am
Why did he put over £1m into Poolies, how will he get a return on that investment,what is the objective,is it all down to ego as there are no future land deals on the horizon for him like there may have been with us.
Why throw all this money away on non league clubs, especially a full time non league club.Just seems crazy and illogical and listening to that podcast ,with the lockdown and how it is impacting on his businesses as well as Poolies, it appears he wants out pretty soon.Worrying times for them especially after looking at that Balance Sheet at June 2019 which will be a whole lot worse now.
Ron, what the hell has he been paying for wages if they're that much in debt despite 2 years of parachute payments? Also, the Poolies have reasonable crowds (around 3k I believe) which will also give them a decent budget. Add the 2 together, parachute payments and gate receipts, and you have a fair wedge there. Also, does this 'debt' also include the historical debt which Raj inherited when taking over the club? So how much has he actually put in?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 01, 2020 3:28 pm

I think they used they used to sell a lot of season tickets at rock bottom prices, not sure if that I still the case? But if it is then that's not going to help their long term finances.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri May 01, 2020 3:34 pm

I've just read the Hartlepool Mail article where he states that he's had to put 2.2 million pounds in over 2 seasons. So that's supposedly on top of parachute payments and gate money. So if he's speaking the truth, if, then the club must have spent between 3 and 4 million in total in 2 years. What the hell?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:34 pm
I've just read the Hartlepool Mail article where he states that he's had to put 2.2 million pounds in over 2 seasons. So that's supposedly on top of parachute payments and gate money. So if he's speaking the truth, if, then the club must have spent between 3 and 4 million in total in 2 years. What the hell?

Easily done. Orient who went down with them made a loss of over £2m in 2018/19 when they won promotion.

GrassrootsMatt

Post by GrassrootsMatt » Fri May 01, 2020 3:53 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:57 pm
The part of the interview that struck me the most, wasn’t the parts about how Pools were struggling financially, how he couldn't find investors etc etc. It was his talk about the care-homes when asked about how his other business was in these difficult times.

Interviewer: "One of your other lines of business is care homes across Teesside, how is that going because that must be a challenging time at the moment".

RS: "One of the care homes we have got, we've had some deaths in there....17 residents........17 beds empty basically.....that equates to £10,000-£11,000 per week, and you can do the maths, that is over half a million pound a year and that's just one home". "Erm, and as everybody knows we do property development...."

That is absolutely staggering. No mentions of the condolences to the families affected. No mention of how unfortunate and sad their deaths were. Just talk of 17 empty beds and at what financial cost this had.

If I had a relative that had sadly passed away in this care home, I'd be absolutely livid that they were being talked about in this context and seemingly described as a financial loss to the company on a regional radio station.

Maybe I am being too sensitive. This situation gets to everybody else differently, but there is seemingly no empathy with how he described a significant human loss and it came across entirely selfish. He didn't have to be so specific of 17 deaths or the loss of £10k per week, but perhaps he could have been more diplomatic in his approach and replied how the sector has been challenged significantly which brings financial difficulties/implications?
Am I the only one who wasn't really taken aback by those comments? Obviously I find them appalling, but when it comes to that man it didn't really shock me that he had such little empathy.
Come on Darlo!

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Fri May 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
they wont have had a parachute payment this season as they only get that for first 2 seasons after relegation. ive said before but i bet Challinor will be on a fair wage as he was on £3k a week at Fylde.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:06 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:I've just read the Hartlepool Mail article where he states that he's had to put 2.2 million pounds in over 2 seasons. So that's supposedly on top of parachute payments and gate money. So if he's speaking the truth, if, then the club must have spent between 3 and 4 million in total in 2 years. What the hell?
No wonder he wants out Adam, he must have more money than sense, who in their right mind will want to buy him out or simply take over the reigns especially as the council own the freehold.
Just don't know his reasons for pumping all this money in when there is little chance of getting it back.Football clubs and Raj do not go together simple as that.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri May 01, 2020 5:28 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
So if he's speaking the truth, if, then the club must have spent between 3 and 4 million in total in 2 years. What the hell?
"if" - you'll get us bloody closed down.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Fri May 01, 2020 6:04 pm

GrassrootsMatt wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:53 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
The part of the interview that struck me the most, wasn’t the parts about how Pools were struggling financially, how he couldn't find investors etc etc. It was his talk about the care-homes when asked about how his other business was in these difficult times.

Interviewer: "One of your other lines of business is care homes across Teesside, how is that going because that must be a challenging time at the moment".

RS: "One of the care homes we have got, we've had some deaths in there....17 residents........17 beds empty basically.....that equates to £10,000-£11,000 per week, and you can do the maths, that is over half a million pound a year and that's just one home". "Erm, and as everybody knows we do property development...."

That is absolutely staggering. No mentions of the condolences to the families affected. No mention of how unfortunate and sad their deaths were. Just talk of 17 empty beds and at what financial cost this had.

If I had a relative that had sadly passed away in this care home, I'd be absolutely livid that they were being talked about in this context and seemingly described as a financial loss to the company on a regional radio station.

Maybe I am being too sensitive. This situation gets to everybody else differently, but there is seemingly no empathy with how he described a significant human loss and it came across entirely selfish. He didn't have to be so specific of 17 deaths or the loss of £10k per week, but perhaps he could have been more diplomatic in his approach and replied how the sector has been challenged significantly which brings financial difficulties/implications?
Am I the only one who wasn't really taken aback by those comments? Obviously I find them appalling, but when it comes to that man it didn't really shock me that he had such little empathy.
Unfortunately I agree with you. Only when listening a second time did it sink in about the blunt comments.

Darlo_lad

Post by Darlo_lad » Sat May 02, 2020 7:41 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:14 am
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:53 am
Darlogramps wrote:Fascinating dissection of Hartlepool’s accounts on Kieran Maguire’s Twitter.

They lost 860k for 2018/19, and Singh is already owed £1.5m.

Fortunately when it’s time to sell up, he’ll just write it all off like he did with us.....
Interestingly, total creditors of £2.73m which will include his loan.Those figures will have worsened this financial year so god knows what the Balance Sheet will show now.Would you honestly swap our position with theirs bearing in mind they are only one league above us.If I was a Codhead I would be pretty worried to say the least because this guy will not hang around for too long.
Up the Quakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not totally but I would love to have a stadium like that owned by the council who are supportive of the football club whatever happens.

Whilst I wouldn't want to be in their position, even if they went pop and started again, as long as they stick together they still have an advantage over us.
Totally agree. Sadly the lack of our own stadium means we've reached our level on the current model.

Darlo_lad

Post by Darlo_lad » Sat May 02, 2020 7:42 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:53 am
Darlogramps wrote:Fascinating dissection of Hartlepool’s accounts on Kieran Maguire’s Twitter.

They lost 860k for 2018/19, and Singh is already owed £1.5m.

Fortunately when it’s time to sell up, he’ll just write it all off like he did with us.....
Interestingly, total creditors of £2.73m which will include his loan.Those figures will have worsened this financial year so god knows what the Balance Sheet will show now.Would you honestly swap our position with theirs bearing in mind they are only one league above us.If I was a Codhead I would be pretty worried to say the least because this guy will not hang around for too long.
Up the Quakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not totally but I would love to have a stadium like that owned by the council who are supportive of the football club whatever happens.

Whilst I wouldn't want to be in their position, even if they went pop and started again, as long as they stick together they still have an advantage over us.
Totally agree. Sadly the lack of our own stadium means we've reached our level on the current model.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat May 02, 2020 9:06 am

Darlo_lad wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:41 am
The only thing holding us back is the lack of ways of raising money from off field activities.
Having a council owned ground may not even have guaranteed that. We would still be at the beck and call of a landlord.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat May 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Darlo_lad wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:41 am

Not sure we have reached our level but we aren't far away from it currently.

Not really a time to get into the two models as both have many pros/cons, however a number of single owner clubs are feeling substantial challenges currently and may come out of this realising they are playing above their level and drop back down.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat May 02, 2020 1:51 pm

Hartlepool and lytham both way above their punching weight.others will also find the financial burden to big to bridge for one man owners,both saying they can't carry on pouring monies into the clubs without help from fans ,both wanting to retain major share with final say in the respective club.
so maybe more fan ownership clubs is the way forward at league 2 and below.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat May 02, 2020 3:49 pm

Has anybody read the recent accounts filed by Hartlepool United Football Club Ltd up to 31st July 2019?

Company owes £1.5m to Clarence 18 Limited due to loans provided (company solely owned by Singh).

Company also owes £1.7m to Sage investments Ltd. Paying an estimated £330k per year on this - but could be more based on certain performance-based conditions.

The club is effectively £3.2m in debt for anyone looking to take ownership or invest.

Singh wants investors, but who in the right mind would go anywhere near it with that level of debt before you even start with the fact the company is losing £850k per year?!

No doubt the figure owed to Clarence 18 Limited is now higher (as accounts are only up to 31st July 2019), I think that's a reasonable assessment based on the amount the company has loaned to the club over the last 2 years.

It has then emerged in the Hartlepool Mail that Craig Hignett is still chasing his severance payment: https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... ed-2552592

Both absolutely make a grim reading and provides reminders of 2012.

divas

Post by divas » Sat May 02, 2020 3:55 pm

Sage must have thought it was Christmas when Raj walked through the door.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat May 02, 2020 4:45 pm

I don't think the Hartlepool fans have anything to worry about with their club owing a huge amount in loans to Singh's firm.

In January 2012 Singh said after putting Darlo in administration: "I'll walk away, I'm not expecting a penny back. I could make things difficult for the administrators but I won't. I want the club to survive, to do well."

No reason in the world for the Hangers to fret then.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat May 02, 2020 5:10 pm

This is very grim for the neck stretchers.

I hope we rise above rivalries and if they contact us for guidance re: fan owned clubs we give them advice. It’s the fans who time after time suffer.

Once again, the flaw of single ‘sugar daddy’ ownership is exposed.

DARLO333

Post by DARLO333 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:23 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:

I picked up on these quite sickening comments as well. Shame he wasn’t challenged on them by the host but wouldn’t expect anything less from BBC Tees

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat May 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Early days but I wonder who has that golden share grasped firmly in their hand?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat May 02, 2020 8:10 pm

In Raj we trust

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat May 02, 2020 8:25 pm

Have a peep at the re-opened poolie bunker Darlington fans a lot of mud slinging going on and it is political unbelievably not about Raj Singh 😁🙂

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat May 02, 2020 8:35 pm

One thing certain if it's that man who holds the golden share,ie the license to play in the FA league, s
He will end up with 2 as he still holds original DFC Share
After saying he had given it his solicitor to hand on ,
Does he tell lies ,will pools be safe, be very afraid pools fans be very afraid. He will rinse you.