Raj Singh

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:23 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:14 am
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:53 am
Darlogramps wrote:Fascinating dissection of Hartlepool’s accounts on Kieran Maguire’s Twitter.

They lost 860k for 2018/19, and Singh is already owed £1.5m.

Fortunately when it’s time to sell up, he’ll just write it all off like he did with us.....
Interestingly, total creditors of £2.73m which will include his loan.Those figures will have worsened this financial year so god knows what the Balance Sheet will show now.Would you honestly swap our position with theirs bearing in mind they are only one league above us.If I was a Codhead I would be pretty worried to say the least because this guy will not hang around for too long.
Up the Quakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not totally but I would love to have a stadium like that owned by the council who are supportive of the football club whatever happens.

Whilst I wouldn't want to be in their position, even if they went pop and started again, as long as they stick together they still have an advantage over us.
Indeed - all those Hartlepool fans who were desperate for the council to sell the stadium to one of their previous owners will soon be so glad that the council didn't.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:01 am

He will pull the plug sooner rather than later, as sure as night follows day.
Poolies ,start your rescue mission now so it's in place to save your club your going to need it.
The guy will drop your club into administration with very short notice fans need to be ready to take over by having everything in place .he's done it before leopards don't change their spots do they.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:36 am

P.J. Poolie doesn't like the fan owned model though so he will be in a quandary.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:36 am

Interesting that he blamed a lot of the problems with Darlo on the Banking finance problems.. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't that happen in 2008, which was well before we had our problems with him.

GrassrootsMatt

Post by GrassrootsMatt » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:51 am

My opinion wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:36 am
Interesting that he blamed a lot of the problems with Darlo on the Banking finance problems.. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't that happen in 2008, which was well before we had our problems with him.
I think he just blamed a lot of the problems on anything other than himself
Come on Darlo!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:14 am

JasonDeVos wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:18 am
Just listened to the bbc tees interview - I have heard it all before. Same s*** different day.
GOSH!! I couldn't agree more and it seems history is repeating itself, but one thing puzzles me - why does every journalist/DJ always seem so reverential towards Singh? They always stand back from him and doff their caps and never dig beneath a very shallow surface - it's like he's some kind of Mafia Don.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08bsww8 Go to 20 mins.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:18 am

GrassrootsMatt wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:51 am
My opinion wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:36 am
I think he just blamed a lot of the problems on anything other than himself
A bit like Trump then, and I never thought I would be making that comparison. :lol: :roll:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:19 am

Here is a recent post copied from the Poolie Bunker web page, I hope the writer doesn't mind me putting it here, but it makes an interesting read.

"I won't re-join if my money is going towards shoring up the club under Singh's tenure. Singh IMO is out of his depth , running a football club is not his forte. That money will disappear down the proverbial pan with the football club. Unless the club is being ran properly it will continue to leak money. Singh states on that interview , regardless of investment, its his club and he expect to have the final say on how its run, fair enough , but that wouldn't attract any investment from me. He wants your money but not your input.

When the club has a capable chairman with a clear ambitious realistic plan to follow is the time for the Trust to invest , or when the club goes tits up and a phoenix club needs to be formed."
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:43 am

Oh dear writing on the wall already didn't take long .
Thanks to our board and supporters for not allowing him a second bite at our club.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:41 am

What came through loud and clear on the podcast was the requirement from Raj for investment from other parties as he is not prepared to continue funding on his own.Was not very convincing when asked if he would walk away as he did with us as his care home and housing businesses are really suffering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Singh's businesses will be suffering, that much will be true.

I remember the ill-tempered fans forum at Blackwell. Gray was trying to sell his mystery investor but then a clever question came from the floor which asked if the mystery investor would consider the German fans owned model which states that the fans must have 51%. You could see the hamster going around in Gray's head for about ten seconds before he said "no".

Singh loves the prestige/power/excitement that being the owner gives him, however wouldn't it be more fun if he could rope other people's money in too - but he still wants the whip hand.

I think it's unlikely anyone else will come in and shoulder this risk, so it could be a bumpy ride for Hartlepool.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:08 pm

"It could happen again as it did with Darlo, some people say I'm unlucky but in a nutshell I don't want it to happen again. At Darlo everyone was involved and knew better than me , I got bitter and it failed, but Hartlepool fans must be realistic I cannot keep putting money in, the club is for sale but like at Darlo you have nothing to sell only losses"

My God he sounds more and more like George Reynolds the chimp stranglers are knackered

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:59 pm

Lots of similarities to poolies situation and what happened with us and Reynolds. Like us they were financially knackered and just grateful to find an investor even though they knew it was a massive risk it was him or nothing.
Like Reynolds at Darlo there was a honeymoon period where things seemed Ok but before long it started to unravel. Everyone else will be to blame and eventually the toys will be chucked out of the pram and the club left in an even bigger mess than ever. Actually sounds like Raj at Darlo as well.
He is a hard nosed businessman with no strong football allegiance and when times get tough he reverts to type and cuts and runs. Beware Hartlepool fans you need to be preparing for a future without Singh and may even have to reform further down the football pyramid. It can be done but many sacrifices will have to be made and you will need to embrace a different way of doing things.

GrassrootsMatt

Post by GrassrootsMatt » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:12 pm

Old Git wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:59 pm
Lots of similarities to poolies situation and what happened with us and Reynolds. Like us they were financially knackered and just grateful to find an investor even though they knew it was a massive risk it was him or nothing.
Like Reynolds at Darlo there was a honeymoon period where things seemed Ok but before long it started to unravel. Everyone else will be to blame and eventually the toys will be chucked out of the pram and the club left in an even bigger mess than ever. Actually sounds like Raj at Darlo as well.
He is a hard nosed businessman with no strong football allegiance and when times get tough he reverts to type and cuts and runs. Beware Hartlepool fans you need to be preparing for a future without Singh and may even have to reform further down the football pyramid. It can be done but many sacrifices will have to be made and you will need to embrace a different way of doing things.
Have they had a honeymoon period under Singh? I'm not so sure.
Come on Darlo!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Hignett needs to get in for his lost wages ASAP.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:57 pm

The part of the interview that struck me the most, wasn’t the parts about how Pools were struggling financially, how he couldn't find investors etc etc. It was his talk about the care-homes when asked about how his other business was in these difficult times.

Interviewer: "One of your other lines of business is care homes across Teesside, how is that going because that must be a challenging time at the moment".

RS: "One of the care homes we have got, we've had some deaths in there....17 residents........17 beds empty basically.....that equates to £10,000-£11,000 per week, and you can do the maths, that is over half a million pound a year and that's just one home". "Erm, and as everybody knows we do property development...."

That is absolutely staggering. No mentions of the condolences to the families affected. No mention of how unfortunate and sad their deaths were. Just talk of 17 empty beds and at what financial cost this had.

If I had a relative that had sadly passed away in this care home, I'd be absolutely livid that they were being talked about in this context and seemingly described as a financial loss to the company on a regional radio station.

Maybe I am being too sensitive. This situation gets to everybody else differently, but there is seemingly no empathy with how he described a significant human loss and it came across entirely selfish. He didn't have to be so specific of 17 deaths or the loss of £10k per week, but perhaps he could have been more diplomatic in his approach and replied how the sector has been challenged significantly which brings financial difficulties/implications?
Last edited by Darlofan97 on Fri May 01, 2020 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:16 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:57 pm
The part of the interview that struck me the most, weren't the parts about how Pools were struggling financially, how he couldn't find investors etc etc. It was his talk about the care-homes when asked about how his other business were in these difficult times.

Interviewer: "One of your other lines of business is care homes across Teesside, how is that going because that must be a challenging time at the moment".

RS: "One of the care homes we have got, we've had some deaths in there....17 residents........17 beds empty basically.....that equates to £10,000-£11,000 per week, and you can do the maths, that is over half a million pound a year and that's just one home". "Erm, and as everybody knows we do property development...."

That is absolutely staggering. No mentions of the condolences to the families affected. No mention of how unfortunate and sad their deaths were. Just talk of 17 empty beds and at what financial cost this had.

If I had a relative that had sadly passed away in this care home, I'd be absolutely livid that they were being talked about in this context and seemingly described as a financial loss to the company on a regional radio station.

Maybe I am being too sensitive. This situation gets to everybody else differently, but there is seemingly no empathy with how he described a significant human loss and it came across entirely selfish. He didn't have to be so specific of 17 deaths or the loss of £10k per week, but perhaps he could have been more diplomatic in his approach and replied how the sector has been challenged significantly which brings financial difficulties/implications?
Awful comments if true but not a shock. A lot of owners in that sector are PLCs in it for the big bucks.

I think Hartlepool are screwed.
Last edited by MCFCDarlo3 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:20 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:16 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:
The part of the interview that struck me the most, weren't the parts about how Pools were struggling financially, how he couldn't find investors etc etc. It was his talk about the care-homes when asked about how his other business were in these difficult times.

Awful comments if true but not a shock. A lot of owners in that sector are PLCs in it for the big bucks.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Hasn't their parachute payments now ended, so putting their finances under further immense pressure?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:

A good point - well made. I too thought the same.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:41 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

I think it shows the mentality of a lot of people running that sector. We all know Singh is a scumbag anyway, so who is surprised? Not me for sure. The carers work their backsides off, a lot of the time for minimum wage. Something needs to change in that whole rotten sector. Regulate it properly, and pay workers a fair wage for the work they do.

In reality, it will be carers losing their jobs before any Hartlepool footballers. :oops: Makes my blood boil.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:45 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Give it a listen; 31:40.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08bsww8

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:47 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:36 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:

I am glad at least somebody thinks the same - I thought it was just me! I was appalled.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:53 pm

Years ago I worked on the building of a new nursing home and every day the owner used to rock up in his Range Rover with blacked out windows. Sometimes he would walk round the site and tell us about how much money he was due to coin in when his new home opened, we all found this distasteful, it was all about profit to him. I can’t remember his name now but we called him Elmer Fudd.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:16 pm

H1987 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:41 pm
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

I think it shows the mentality of a lot of people running that sector. We all know Singh is a scumbag anyway, so who is surprised? Not me for sure. The carers work their backsides off, a lot of the time for minimum wage. Something needs to change in that whole rotten sector. Regulate it properly, and pay workers a fair wage for the work they do.

In reality, it will be carers losing their jobs before any Hartlepool footballers. :oops: Makes my blood boil.
Yes its money driven, I hope I go quickly when its my turn.

Carers have been treated like s*** for years.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:45 pm
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Give it a listen; 31:40.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08bsww8
Thanks will have a listen.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:26 pm
Hasn't their parachute payments now ended, so putting their finances under further immense pressure?
they ended at the end of last season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:53 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Ok thanks well that means they're in even more trouble & I think Singh is just looking for a way out & he's trying to save face.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:47 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:36 pm
Darlofan97 wrote:

I am glad at least somebody thinks the same - I thought it was just me! I was appalled.
Stay classy, Raj.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:02 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:53 pm
bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Ok thanks well that means they're in even more trouble & I think Singh is just looking for a way out & he's trying to save face.
Has a certain SKY presenter commented on any of this yet? Sure he was all for it.

Like Stockport they are lucky the council protected the ground.If only Darlington Council could do the same.