Best xi

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tdk1
Team Supported: Darlington

Best xi

Post by tdk1 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:47 pm

I am bored, so decided to put together a first xi of players, one signed or given their debut by each of our last eleven managers. I excluded kidd and gregan/Atkinson but included long-term caretakers like liddle. So I reckon it's between Armstrong, Wright, gray, liddle, Cooper, davey, Staunton, Todd, penney, Hodgson, tait.

Stockdale (dh)
Arnison (CT)
Hutchinson (mt)
Heaton (tw)
Brown (mc)
Hatfield (aa)
Chandler (sd)
Thompson (mg)
Abbott (dp)
Purcell (ss)
Reach (CL)

Beat that. Or don't. Depends how bored you are.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Best xi

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:20 pm

I've been following Darlo for 46 years & I have very little idea of which manager signed who & even less of an idea as to which one was the best signing they made.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:20 pm
I've been following Darlo for 46 years & I have very little idea of which manager signed who & even less of an idea as to which one was the best signing they made.
Yes 12688 posts later and you finally admit to knowing nowt !!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:27 am

Old Git wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:34 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:20 pm
Yes 12688 posts later and you finally admit to knowing nowt !!!
Sorry old git, I go back a tad further than you and I could not even list our managers in full since Lol Morgan left let alone who signed all the players.
I am also quite often agog when people post in such detail about so many matches. Through the years I remember detail of a handful of matches such as winning at Donny twice in a couple of weeks, beating then drawing with Torquay and losing to Bradford city. Chelsea, West Ham, Bolton and arsenal all left a dent, but if you add the games of the league cup run from York to Derby that is about the lot apart from Welling.
How on earth people remember so many games from so many seasons is beyond me.