Season VOIDED

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season VOIDED

Post by lo36789 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:43 pm

The problem is without evidence then these things are one person's word against another. If they didn't back the referees then you wouldn't be playing anyway.

I think about 30% of amateur football is called of because of referee shortages and the average time that a referee is active now is 2 years. Every single year 20% of referees don't affiliate for the season after.

In Liverpool this season clubs were bidding for referees. Match fee is usually £30 but one weekend when 80% of games weren't covered clubs were offering £75-£100 for a referee to show up to avoid games being called off.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:54 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:43 pm
The problem is without evidence then these things are one person's word against another. If they didn't back the referees then you wouldn't be playing anyway.

I think about 30% of amateur football is called of because of referee shortages and the average time that a referee is active now is 2 years. Every single year 20% of referees don't affiliate for the season after.

In Liverpool this season clubs were bidding for referees. Match fee is usually £30 but one weekend when 80% of games weren't covered clubs were offering £75-£100 for a referee to show up to avoid games being called off.
I agree, however some referees get away with lies. As in the case I have posted on he didn't know who said what, neither did the other manager or myself, yet the FA found us guilty. Surely both teams should have been charged?
You just have to read referees reports sometimes and they embellish everything to make something sound 100 times worse than what actually happened.
If the FA are going to charge and fine teams then surely the evidence has to be 100% reliable and not open to question.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:29 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:54 pm
I agree, however some referees get away with lies. As in the case I have posted on he didn't know who said what, neither did the other manager or myself, yet the FA found us guilty. Surely both teams should have been charged?
Yeh agree that happens to be honest - usually the same names pop up as well and are known in all circles.

If a spectator can't be identified the norm is that home club are fined for failure to control spectators obviously at grassroots that is always pretty impossible unless someone admits to it.

The FA perspective is the referee report is an independent perspective. The burden of proof is on the teams who are appealing to effectively prove it is inaccurate.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:57 am
Gutted for Stockton Town. Everyone is totally devastated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lot of disappointed teams all over the country. Interesting article in the Guardian about Halesowen Town, Southern League Div 1 Central, step 4 https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... y-in-sight. As well as being well-placed for promotion they've also made it to the FA Trophy semis. Having started way back in the Extra-Prelim round they've beaten two NLN teams (Gateshead and BPA) and three NL teams (Maidenhead, Halifax, and Barnet, all away) to get there. I suppose there's still a chance the FAT will be completed, though.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:22 am

biccynana wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:57 am
Gutted for Stockton Town. Everyone is totally devastated.

Lot of disappointed teams all over the country. Interesting article in the Guardian about Halesowen Town, Southern League Div 1 Central, step 4 https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... y-in-sight. As well as being well-placed for promotion they've also made it to the FA Trophy semis. Having started way back in the Extra-Prelim round they've beaten two NLN teams (Gateshead and BPA) and three NL teams (Maidenhead, Halifax, and Barnet, all away) to get there. I suppose there's still a chance the FAT will be completed, though.
Hebburn were also well placed for promotion and have made it to the Vase semi final.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:45 am

And Consett

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:50 am

Cannot imagine how South Shields are feeling right now, miles clear of 2nd place and quite a few players and staff full time.Must have cost their owner a small fortune for nothing at the end of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:18 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:50 am
Cannot imagine how South Shields are feeling right now, miles clear of 2nd place and quite a few players and staff full time.Must have cost their owner a small fortune for nothing at the end of it.

Very angry at this very unjust decision!

On Sky Sports news (its on a loop) this afternoon a guy called Spencer Owen (CEO of Hashtag Utd) spoke very well on the subject. He says how I feel far better than I can verbalise, the decision has been rushed and totally unfair.
Football decisions shouldn’t be made on a tribal basis, integrity is non negotiable!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:18 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Cannot imagine how South Shields are feeling right now, miles clear of 2nd place and quite a few players and staff full time.Must have cost their owner a small fortune for nothing at the end of it.

Haven't the fans been buying shares in the club??

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:36 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Cannot imagine how South Shields are feeling right now, miles clear of 2nd place and quite a few players and staff full time.Must have cost their owner a small fortune for nothing at the end of it.

Haven't the fans been buying shares in the club??

No idea, but their owner wants them in the FL and has plans for the ground to be upgraded with a large new stand.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:26 pm

From what`s circulating today this lockdown looks like it is going to last till june so some decisions to be made about all the leagues.
Personally this season should start again as and when it can and then sort next years out after january

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:35 pm

Well if june is the time scale of the lockdown well thats what we have to do...Not sure about football restarting it is what it is Lives are more important than us going to football im affraid like it or not

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:26 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:35 pm
Well if june is the time scale of the lockdown well thats what we have to do...Not sure about football restarting it is what it is Lives are more important than us going to football im affraid like it or not

Everyone agrees with that but what’s that got to do with voiding a season?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:47 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:26 pm
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Plenty actually.
This season can not be finished due to the virus surely that has to be clear by now.
The best we can hope for is to start a new season in August or soon after and the sooner people accept that the better. Anything else is just wishful thinking.
Now lets concentrate on pulling together and fighting this horrible disease.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:21 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:47 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Plenty actually.
This season can not be finished due to the virus surely that has to be clear by now.
The best we can hope for is to start a new season in August or soon after and the sooner people accept that the better. Anything else is just wishful thinking.
A new season will not start in August at any rate. This one should be finished first! As has been said numerous times the ‘new’ season can start in say January. This is an issue of integrity!

Now let’s forget voiding a nearly finished season (with some issues already decided) and stop trying to start a new one.
Now let’s concentrate on pulling together and fighting this horrible disease.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:17 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:47 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Plenty actually.
A new season will not start in August at any rate. This one should be finished first! As has been said numerous times the ‘new’ season can start in say January. This is an issue of integrity!

Now let’s forget voiding a nearly finished season (with some issues already decided) and stop trying to start a new one.
Now let’s concentrate on pulling together and fighting this horrible disease.
No integrity for steps 3-6 though is there?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:17 pm

Exactly. Why are people so desperate to get next season started on time? Get this season finished first. The FA have the power to make sure this happens so why not do that.
Next season is likely to be disrupted too so what will we do then? Void another season?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:27 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:22 pm
Quaker85 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:17 pm

Exactly. Why are people so desperate to get next season started on time? Get this season finished first. The FA have the power to make sure this happens so why not do that.
Next season is likely to be disrupted too so what will we do then? Void another season?
Think rationally people. The FA and integrity in the same sentence? What makes you think that is even possible? :roll:

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:07 pm

When exactly next season will start is of course down to what happens in the next few weeks and months, but at least when it does start the authorities will be able to plan what shape it should take. If it does not start until say October or November then they could plan for a shortened season of perhaps playing every other team once instead of home and away.
At least all participants will know the rules and then hopefully season 21/22 will have a normal look to it.
If clubs at our level are going to survive they will need to plan their way through it. Players are not paid in May and June anyway so that should ease the immediate pressure but what happens beyond then I’m not sure. Hopefully our players will be kept on but whether they will be paid who knows how that will work.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:50 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:07 pm
When exactly next season will start is of course down to what happens in the next few weeks and months, but at least when it does start the authorities will be able to plan what shape it should take. If it does not start until say October or November then they could plan for a shortened season of perhaps playing every other team once instead of home and away.
At least all participants will know the rules and then hopefully season 21/22 will have a normal look to it.
If clubs at our level are going to survive they will need to plan their way through it. Players are not paid in May and June anyway so that should ease the immediate pressure but what happens beyond then I’m not sure. Hopefully our players will be kept on but whether they will be paid who knows how that will work.
Just heard today's statement, and the government are now talking about social distancing being in place until AT LEAST October. If that is the case, we are looking at next games in next year, and probably not New Years Day. I don't know what to say after that. Probably should have expected it, but hearing it said in a TV statement makes it all the blacker. Just hope we are all still here to see another Darlo game, whenever it may be. :thumbdown: :roll:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:00 pm

joejaques wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Just heard today's statement, and the government are now talking about social distancing being in place until AT LEAST October. If that is the case, we are looking at next games in next year, and probably not New Years Day. I don't know what to say after that. Probably should have expected it, but hearing it said in a TV statement makes it all the blacker. Just hope we are all still here to see another Darlo game, whenever it may be. Image :roll:
They are reviewing it in 2/3weeks and could possibly extend it BUT if we all help and Stay Home ,Help the NHS ,Stay Lives then hopefully this will be over sooner rather than later.. But it could go on for months if we don't

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:35 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:00 pm
joejaques wrote:
Old Git wrote:
Just heard today's statement, and the government are now talking about social distancing being in place until AT LEAST October. If that is the case, we are looking at next games in next year, and probably not New Years Day. I don't know what to say after that. Probably should have expected it, but hearing it said in a TV statement makes it all the blacker. Just hope we are all still here to see another Darlo game, whenever it may be. Image :roll:
They are reviewing it in 2/3weeks and could possibly extend it BUT if we all help and Stay Home ,Help the NHS ,Stay Lives then hopefully this will be over sooner rather than later.. But it could go on for months if we don't

I think the three weekly review is just to give the public a target that is within sight. If they said today "You are all locked down until October", you'd begin to see far greater breakdown of the measures. Hope I'm wrong, but that;s the way I read it. :thumbdown: :roll:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Like I said it is going to affect next season. So why have two seasons screwed up? Finish this one when possible then decide when to start the next season, even if that is next year.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:15 pm

I'm affraid our league is run by a right bunch of Toss pots if playing our last game is anything to go by, so see how the meeting goes Tuesday but I'd suspect it could be the end unfortunately (Hopefully wrong)

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:23 pm

If the 2019/20 season which started in August 19 and maybe finishes in late 2020 with a big gap of maybe 6 months gap in the middle isn’t screwed up I don’t know what is.
Add in to the equation the question of whether teams will be able to sign new players before the season restarts or not and how that effects the integrity of the results and I just don’t think it can work.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 am

The vanarama national league have got to make a decision soon for the sake of the games integrity.
Uncertainty cannot carry on .
Common sense has got to prevail.
End uncertainty now plan for next season .

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:20 am

onewayup wrote:The vanarama national league have got to make a decision soon for the sake of the games integrity.
Or end the uncertainty and plan for the resumption of this season at a later date. And whilst they’re at it, the FA council needs to explain to the step 5/6 clubs why their season was voided without even consulting them. Better still, reverses the decision!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:36 am

Quaker85 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:20 am
onewayup wrote:The vanarama national league have got to make a decision soon for the sake of the games integrity.
Or end the uncertainty and plan for the resumption of this season at a later date.
How would that end uncertainty with respect to, for example, expiring contracts? Or even paying wages if the games are to be played behind closed doors?

Darlogramps

Season VOIDED

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:45 am

Would also add that until you know for definite when the season is going to restart, there will be loads of uncertainty regardless.

Therefore it’s impossible at this stage to plan for a later date, because you don’t know when that later date is.

Saying “We‘ll finish at a later date” is all well and good, but you’re not getting rid of any uncertainty. It’s not viable or sensible to be putting clubs at this level, with their comparatively limited finances, in an indefinite holding pattern.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:52 am

Don’t think games behind closed doors is a viable option. For a team in our position they would be completely meaningless. Can’t imagine our players would want to risk injuries in such circumstances not to mention the extra burden on medical services if they needed treatment.