New initiative by the club 'Virtual Tickets'

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New initiative by the club 'Virtual Tickets'

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 pm

dfcdfcdfc wrote:I see the target has been halved. Bit disappointing when others have managed 20k easily (eg Altrincham) and they aren't fan owned.
You can only go to the well so many times I'm affraid... This is where we are times are tough money is tight, but hopefully we will come through it ok.. Don't forget Andy has Darlo lottery going on via Twitter etc looks like he is smashing the £1000 mark for the club so every little helps..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Could be. Also quite a rich area so might be a couple of big donors who aren't being unduly financially challenged

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:07 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:53 pm
dfcdfcdfc wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:18 pm
I see the target has been halved. Bit disappointing when others have managed 20k easily (eg Altrincham) and they aren't fan owned.
Maybe Alty fans aren’t also paying into a boost the budget scheme like a lot of us are.
Exactly! The £20K was always a soft target anyway based on the projective revenue loss 4 weeks ago.

It’s really positive that the target has been reduced as it must mean the club isn’t far away from having enough revenue to pay the wages and get to the end of the month when most contracts will finish. I expect many clubs would love to be in that position.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:51 am

I'm disappointed that you find this effort disappointing. We have hit so many targets over the years and we will hit this reduced target. When many are already contributing regularly in a number of other ways and families, including some of my own have no income I think this is a tremendous achievement and should be applauded.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:32 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:51 am
I'm disappointed that you find this effort disappointing. We have hit so many targets over the years and we will hit this reduced target. When many are already contributing regularly in a number of other ways and families, including some of my own have no income I think this is a tremendous achievement and should be applauded.
Well said that man. Those who feel it is disappointing should look out of the window and give their collective head a shake. :roll:

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:03 pm

joejaques wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:32 am
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:51 am
Well said that man. Those who feel it is disappointing should look out of the window and give their collective head a shake. :roll:
DFCSG are very much in the same mindset. In the the regular emails I've received about the 'Virtual Ticket' scheme, DFCSG have made it crystal clear that "All donations great or small will ease the pressure on the Directors running the Club on the owners behalf. However, please do not feel under any pressure to donate. Yours and your family’s wellbeing is of a far higher priority."

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:54 pm

Once again target achieved so well done everyone who contributed to help our club in a time of crisis and financial difficulty. Very proud to be part of this fanbase. Brilliant effort.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat May 02, 2020 6:08 pm

And now after that target was reached we're already £45,000 into a new target after less than two days. Are you still finding our efforts "disappointing"? Once again I'm feeling great pride in being part of something special.