New initiative by the club 'Virtual Tickets'

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

New initiative by the club 'Virtual Tickets'

Post by poppyfield » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 am

Last edited by poppyfield on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

HarrytheQuaker

Re: New sceam by the club 'Virtual Tickets'

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:58 am

New what???

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:09 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:58 am
New what???

You are right, not at my best :)
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:25 am

poppyfield wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:58 am
New what???

You are right, not at my best :)

al_quaker

Re: New initiative by the club 'Virtual Tickets'

Post by al_quaker » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:31 am

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:23 pm

Pay day Monday for me then the club will be getting some more from me. I'd love us to raise 30k to be fair, as 20k is probably on the low side of the estimate.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:18 pm

I've got a season ticket so the club has my money already. It ain't losing out financially on my money *if* the season is cancelled - I am.

Also I BTB and will continue to do so.

That's enough for me though, this is a step too far.

Obviously, it needs to be pay on day fans that need to be financing this - if they want to.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:54 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:18 pm
I've got a season ticket so the club has my money already. It ain't losing out financially on my money *if* the season is cancelled - I am.

Obviously, it needs to be pay on day fans that need to be financing this - if they want to.
Because of this, I'm going to put in the cost of away games I would have gone to. But it's entirely a personal choice. Everyone's circumstances are different. Hopefully whatever we can raise, coupled with government help, can see us through this period.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:04 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:54 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

Because of this, I'm going to put in the cost of away games I would have gone to. But it's entirely a personal choice. Everyone's circumstances are different. Hopefully whatever we can raise, coupled with government help, can see us through this period.
People do what they individually can - then together play our part. This is what makes our club so special.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:38 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

My take on the information that accompanied the announcement of the scheme is that if the season resumes in May then the players will need to be paid for an additional month, possibly two. Therefore the additional cost of the players wages would need to be borne by the Club owner. In Darlington FC's case, we are fan-owned and therefore ultimately the additional cost would need to be borne by the fans in one form or another. Therefore, I don't see why that responsibility should lay solely with the pay on the day fans. I take your point about your season ticket. If the season doesn't resume, then potentially you could lose the value of four matches. However, if your season ticket happens to have been an early bird, you may well have saved the price of three or four matches from the outset.

Which of the fans who actually meet the cost, will be down to individual personal choice and ability to pay (bearing in mind the huge current economic shock which presently is affecting different parts of society unfairly)

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:03 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

So if the away games are played later down the line are you now not gonna go to them, as you've already "paid", or are you going to literally pay twice? Just wondering.

Using the same logic why doesn't everyone simply not go to away matches any more - throughout the season not just now - and donate what they "would have spent" to the club? We'd be rolling in it, going off the improbable size of our away attendances compared to home crowds.

We have so many fans (not including exiles) who go to big away matches to line the opposition club's pockets, who are rarely if never seen at home matches.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:38 pm

My take on the information that accompanied the announcement of the scheme is that if the season resumes in May then the players will need to be paid for an additional month, possibly two. Therefore the additional cost of the players wages would need to be borne by the Club owner.
That's a good point however after the government announcement yesterday we might be able to get 80% of those wages paid, if we "keep them on". Hopefully anyway.

Or alternatively, it could be argued that they've been paid a month for doing nothing if they don't play in April so they "owe" us that work which they didn't do.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:03 pm
al_quaker wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

So if the away games are played later down the line are you now not gonna go to them, as you've already "paid", or are you going to literally pay twice? Just wondering.
Well, for what it's worth, I struggle to see a way that the season will be finished (and even more so with fans present), so I'm not expecting to have to pay twice. But if they do get played with a crowd allowed, I'd be so over the moon that some sense of normality has resumed that I won't mind the extra financial cost!

By the way - I wasn't criticising those who choose not to participate in this in the slightest. Everyone is going through a period of uncertainty, and football clubs come way down the list of priorities in times such as this. I haven't bought an early bird season ticket precisely because of that uncertainty.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:48 pm

wonder if the club will extend the early bird period once things are certain around next season etc

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:16 pm

I will donate for the away games I would have gone to. Would have thought we should be able to claim the 80% of wages though.

Wonder if the players may also be prepared to take a cut? (I know they don't have to), as they wont be training or playing so putting no time in and the fans will have to dig in again, (and we are all in this together). Saying that if 80% does get paid most of problem goes away.

Suppose the other issue is those players who may not have their contracts renewed, we may go into last few games, (if they go ahead end of May/June), with a bit of a depleted squad (unless we have signed some additional players at that time).

Interesting times!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 pm

Three thousand quid in a day is a fine start to this initiative to support our club in these exceptional circumstances.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:24 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 pm
Three thousand quid in a day is a fine start to this initiative to support our club in these exceptional circumstances.
As we are fanned owned Would be fantastic to hear of any Darlington players donating their salaries back to the club or offering to defer their salary until season restart, how about Ainge offering his salary and only accepting his BOSTON part of his salary?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:06 am

Are you donating your salary back to your employer?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:22 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
As we are fanned owned Would be fantastic to hear of any Darlington players donating their salaries back to the club or offering to defer their salary until season restart, how about Ainge offering his salary and only accepting his BOSTON part of his salary?
Fan..I wouldn't give my salary back to my employer WHY should they??? They have mortgages and families to feed..

Q8Quaker

Post by Q8Quaker » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:46 pm

Been thinking of initiatives that may raise money going forward and wondered if the following had any merit.
If the club currently have a tie up with a firm of solicitors, it may be an idea that they could offer a Will writing service at competitive rates on the proviso that the client leaves a portion (no matter how small) of their legacy to the club.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:51 pm

Q8Quaker wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:46 pm
Been thinking of initiatives that may raise money going forward and wondered if the following had any merit.
If the club currently have a tie up with a firm of solicitors, it may be an idea that they could offer a Will writing service at competitive rates on the proviso that the client leaves a portion (no matter how small) of their legacy to the club.

That would result in the solicitors being struck off.

You are not allowed to offer a deal like that where it is conditional on client leaving a gift to a specific organisation or person

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:13 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:24 am
LoidLucan wrote:
Why on earth would they donate salaries back to the club?

That’s like me giving back my wages for the month purely out of love for my job :crazy:

People won’t be able to afford to give wages up or to defer salaries.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:30 pm

AndyPark wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:24 am
LoidLucan wrote:
Why on earth would they donate salaries back to the club?

That’s like me giving back my wages for the month purely out of love for my job :crazy:

People won’t be able to afford to give wages up or to defer salaries.
Don't forget Andy we are a Fanned owned clubImage

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:37 pm

As we’re a fan-owned club, I think the players should provide me with my own personally engraved golden toilet seat, an all-expenses paid trip to Barbados and a lifetime supply of hobnobs, all out of their own wages.

Don’t care that they’ve got bills to pay - this is a FAN-OWNED CLUB.

Anyone else with a ludicrous request justified with the bizarre logic we’re a fan-owned club?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:31 pm

Darlogramps wrote:As we’re a fan-owned club, I think the players should provide me with my own personally engraved golden toilet seat, an all-expenses paid trip to Barbados and a lifetime supply of hobnobs, all out of their own wages.

Don’t care that they’ve got bills to pay - this is a FAN-OWNED CLUB.

Anyone else with a ludicrous request justified with the bizarre logic we’re a fan-owned club?
So you want them to say fcuk it because I play for a fan owned club I should put the club 1st?? Family 2nd??? I'd say they help the club as much as they can

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:49 pm

Gramps, your request for a personally engraved golden toilet seat is the most pointless one I've heard yet. No-one needs a toilet seat any more. We're all shitting in holes in the ground and using leaves as there's no bog roll.

Q8Quaker

Post by Q8Quaker » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:31 pm

spen666 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:51 pm
Q8Quaker wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:46 pm

That would result in the solicitors being struck off.

You are not allowed to offer a deal like that where it is conditional on client leaving a gift to a specific organisation or person
Ok thanks, I guess it's back to the drawing board!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:36 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:Gramps, your request for a personally engraved golden toilet seat is the most pointless one I've heard yet. No-one needs a toilet seat any more. We're all shitting in holes in the ground and using leaves as there's no bog roll.
I don’t care, we are FAN-OWNED. That’s my justification for every decision I don’t agree with.

Why did Armstrong not start Rivers? I want us to and we’re FAN-OWNED so it should happen.

Why did the kiosk not serve veggie burgers. We’re FAN-OWNED.

And so on....
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:36 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:36 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:Gramps, your request for a personally engraved golden toilet seat is the most pointless one I've heard yet. No-one needs a toilet seat any more. We're all shitting in holes in the ground and using leaves as there's no bog roll.
I don’t care, we are FAN-OWNED. That’s my justification for every decision I don’t agree with.

Why did Armstrong not start Rivers? I want us to and we’re FAN-OWNED so it should happen.

Why did the kiosk not serve veggie burgers. We’re FAN-OWNED.

And so on....
If they had veggie burgers, the numpties would probably cook them in the beef grease anyway :lol:

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:58 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:22 pm
eddie-rowles wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
Fan..I wouldn't give my salary back to my employer WHY should they??? They have mortgages and families to feed..

Those players who have other jobs and are still receiving their main salaries, not suggesting the few young lads that have no other income. Many fans on reduced incomes are still looking to support the club, why not players