Time to pull together.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Time to pull together.

Post by onewayup » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:14 pm

I think it's time for all football fans of all clubs to wish each other only the best of outcomes from this horrendous horrible VIRUS that is threatening the very existence of the game along with many other things including loss of life to vulnerable people.
STAY SAFE PEOPLE BE HYGIENIC FOLLOW THE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES.
hope to see games being played again next season .

spen666

Re: Time to pull together.

Post by spen666 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:19 pm

onewayup wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:14 pm
I think it's time for all football fans of all clubs to wish each other only the best of outcomes from this horrendous horrible VIRUS that is threatening the very existence of the game along with many other things including loss of life to vulnerable people.
Couldn't agree more. Time to put aside political, social sporting or whatever other rivalries and work together for good of society and defeating this disease.

No matter how long this takes, it is inevitably going to change society and attitudes

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:05 pm

onewayup wrote:I think it's time for all football fans of all clubs to wish each other only the best of outcomes from this horrendous horrible VIRUS that is threatening the very existence of the game along with many other things including loss of life to vulnerable people.
This season

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:19 pm

As I've said on social media, we need to set aside whatever agendas/grudges we may hold against one another and work together to ensure that we can have a club to come back and support once this virus goes.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Ironic statement given that the official party line is to pull away from each other ;)
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:34 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:19 pm
As I've said on social media, we need to set aside whatever agendas/grudges we may hold against one another and work together to ensure that we can have a club to come back and support once this virus goes.
Hope you get back to the next home game - :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:49 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:34 pm
AndyPark wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:19 pm
Hope you get back to the next home game - :thumbup:
Yes as long as he has matured enough to behave himself.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:21 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:05 pm
onewayup wrote:I think it's time for all football fans of all clubs to wish each other only the best of outcomes from this horrendous horrible VIRUS that is threatening the very existence of the game along with many other things including loss of life to vulnerable people.
This season

I think most fans want us to complete this season now, but if we get 3 months down the line before games can be played safely again, and we have squads looking completely different to when the season was interrupted due to expired contracts etc, I very much fail to see the appetite among the wider public.

We're just going to have to wait and see, but I simply don't agree that the season should be completed at all costs. If it gets to a stage where the integrity of the competition is completely shafted by the wait time - or in the case of the lower leagues, where there are costs to paying players over the summer, then abandonment could end up being on the cards.

I don't want to see it, but that's the reality. This thing is horrendous. It could even be longer - more like 5-6 months before we are playing again. I'm sorry for clubs in certain positions, and you'd be absolutely gutted if it was your team, but you can't just pick the season up if squads have changed massively because of contracts changing and expiring.

My real hope is that maybe by the end of next month they have enough of a grip on this thing that they can just complete the season behind closed doors, but I simply don't agree that this season *must* be completed. If it drags on too long, it becomes a farce.

murtonquakerfan

Post by murtonquakerfan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Professional Football restarting has just been pushed back to at least April 30th

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:35 pm

It's not going to happen, sadly it'll end up in the courts as clubs fight whether they should be relegated or promoted. Goodness knows how it'll finish apart from hefty legal bills.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:48 pm

spen666 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:19 pm

Couldn't agree more. Time to put aside political, social sporting or whatever other rivalries and work together for good of society and defeating this disease.
Better have a word with your mate Heaton Branch who accused us of bucket rattling again this week when Andy Clarke announced his 50/50 scheme.
Lack of class from one of your lot again.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:19 pm

loan_star wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:48 pm
spen666 wrote:

Better have a word with your mate Heaton Branch who accused us of bucket rattling again this week when Andy Clarke announced his 50/50 scheme.
I seen that Robbo, absolutely disgusting.

Karma will come round don't worry. Big Brad will pull out eventually.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:00 pm

loan_star wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Nowt to do with me anymore than me blaming you for the person wishing DRFC go bust.

It's a time to work together irrespective of political or sporting persuasions.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:51 pm

spen666 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Nowt to do with me anymore than me blaming you for the person wishing DRFC go bust.

Yeah well he is a plank and spouts shite all the time

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:53 pm

spen666 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:00 pm
loan_star wrote:
spen666 wrote:

In fact your own twitter persona leaves a lot to be desired too.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:26 am

loan_star wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:53 pm
spen666 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:00 pm
loan_star wrote:
spen666 wrote:

In fact your own twitter persona leaves a lot to be desired too.
If you are do stupid that at this time of worldwide crisis you want to divide and seek to not pull together. Then carry on.

I like most sensible people realise the country is in crisis and we all need to pull together to help each other through this situation.

What happens in peacetime is different to what happens in a time of war

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:38 am

spen666 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:26 am

What happens in peacetime is different to what happens in a time of war
Unfortuantely what you do in peacetime sticks with you. You may be tolerated but you are still a c**t.