Coronavirus and DFC

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Shed7
Team Supported: Spennymoor

Re: Coronavirus and DFC

Post by Shed7 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:38 pm

Excellent post and to be fair you cannot promote/relegate teams with 30 points to play for. This will happen if they go on PPG. I actually think york would have won league and Altrincham to win play offs.
Let’s just say they promote the top 2 and relegate the bottom 2 this would be the outcome for our league.
Out -
York promoted
Kings Lynn promoted
Bradford PA relegated
Blyth relegated
Hereford geographic move to south

In -
Chorley relegated
Afc fylde relegated
South Shields promoted
FC United if Manchester promoted
Tamworth promoted

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:17 pm
They don’t have to “sort things out ASAP”. In fact, it’s impossible to do that given we don’t know what the spread of the virus will be like. It could still be rising or we could be through the worst. We just don’t know.
I think the fact it it is still rising suggest it is still rising to be honest, but I guess equally we won't know it has stopped rising.

In terms of good news Italy do appear to have peaked when looking at new case volumes day to day - I suspect they will be a guide on how long after the peak restrictions remain in place for.

There is pretty strong expectation as well that this is here for a while otherwise telling the vulnerable to shield for 12 weeks seems strange.

There is no need for an ASAP judgement. I do think there is another two months until we really need a call to be made from a pro perspective but as you say below that it is probably in next few weeks.
Not sure what you mean by the first paragraph.

But yes I agree with the latter point - it’s hard to say: “Let’s bring back mass gatherings again” while at the same time shielding the most vulnerable for 12 weeks.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:48 pm

Perhaps it will last exactly a year anyway and then we can just finish off the 19/21 season as if nothing happened :lol:

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm

Shed7 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:38 pm
Excellent post and to be fair you cannot promote/relegate teams with 30 points to play for. This will happen if they go on PPG. I actually think york would have won league and Altrincham to win play offs.
Let’s just say they promote the top 2 and relegate the bottom 2 this would be the outcome for our league.
Out -
York promoted
Kings Lynn promoted
Bradford PA relegated
Blyth relegated
Hereford geographic move to south

In -
Chorley relegated
Afc fylde relegated
South Shields promoted
FC United if Manchester promoted
Tamworth promoted
There are normally 4 teams relegated from the National League, you are promoting 4 (2NLN and 2 NLS), but only relegating 2 ( plus Bury vacancy). This means there would be 25 teams in NL next season

Also if there is a need to shuffle a team South, would it not be Gloucester?

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:02 pm

jjljks wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:54 am
Quite happy for Barrow to go up as they were more than sympathetic to us when we were in trouble. Covid19 has completely wrecked the season and really the FA and league management have to sort things out asap. Otherwise we should leave it to Ginge to do the maths and tell us who is up and who goes down :lol:
Absolutely spot on about barrow they not only were sympathetic to our course in 2012 but I wonder if a lot of our older fans remember we're cruelly robbed of their football league place in the 1971 - 72 season when being voted out despite applying for re-election for only the second time I remember them beating us 1 0 at feethams in a snow storm the Monday before Easter we then went down to holker Street three weeks later and came away with a 4 0 victory two days after winning 1 0 at sincil bank and ending Lincoln cities 19 game unbeaten home record halcyon days.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 pm

Confirmed. Steps 3 and below of non League have ended. It's "as you were" no restructure this season. Results expunged.

https://nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8193

That basically means no relegation from our league I don't think and who knows where Bury end up.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:36 pm

Blyth are lucky

South Shields unlucky

Teams at the bottom can simply not bother in remaining games as can't go down

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:51 pm

spen666 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:36 pm
Blyth are lucky

South Shields unlucky

Which remaining games? The season is over. :roll:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 pm

joejaques wrote:
spen666 wrote:
Blyth are lucky

South Shields unlucky

Blyth games , it's not over till the fat cats at the Fa sing

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:09 pm

joejaques wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:51 pm
spen666 wrote:
Blyth are lucky

South Shields unlucky

Not in the 3 divisions of the National League. It's only been ended from Steps 3 and below.....at present
Last edited by spen666 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:11 pm

spen666 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:09 pm
joejaques wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:51 pm
spen666 wrote:
Blyth are lucky

South Shields unlucky

Not in the 3 divisions of the National League. It's only been ended from Steps 3 and below
And you really believe they will end up any different? :roll:

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:06 pm

If the club are proactive they should put all PAYE staff as furloughed staff as at least 80% of PAYE costs will be covered.
I don’t think they will be able to apply for CBIL due to the previous accounts and the fact the banks are looking for security, as we don’t have any.

Most players finish up being paid end of April I believe so actual position may not be as bad as feared also DJ said he would help any cash flow. Also could DFCSG bring forward their annual subscription. We might actually fare better than most clubs.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:36 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:06 pm
If the club are proactive they should put all PAYE staff as furloughed staff as at least 80% of PAYE costs will be covered.
I don’t think they will be able to apply for CBIL due to the previous accounts and the fact the banks are looking for security, as we don’t have any.

Most players finish up being paid end of April I believe so actual position may not be as bad as feared also DJ said he would help any cash flow. Also could DFCSG bring forward their annual subscription. We might actually fare better than most clubs.
That's a good idea, but would suggest leaving it until the Virtual Tickets are completed. Don't want to overload the fans. :roll:

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:27 pm

I would love to contribute in an ideal world but like many other people at the moment and being self employed this sodden virus has thrown me on the scrap heap albeit I hope only temporary and each and every one of us get our normal lives back soon.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:40 pm

I watched Martin Lewis tonight. He was most insistent that employees who couldn't work because of this crisis can be "furloughed", meaning the Gov just feed back 80% of their wage back through their pay packet. He even told a story of a friend of his who had just been sacked. Martin Lewis said to him, explain to the firm that they can take you back on, the Gov want to help you and it won't cost the firm anything, and this is what happened.

So bearing all this in mind, why on earth has Raj Singh made all these Hartlepool employees jobless in such double quick time. There seems to be no reason to act like this.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:50 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:40 pm
I watched Martin Lewis tonight. He was most insistent that employees who couldn't work because of this crisis can be "furloughed", meaning the Gov just feed back 80% of their wage back through their pay packet. He even told a story of a friend of his who had just been sacked. Martin Lewis said to him, explain to the firm that they can take you back on, the Gov want to help you and it won't cost the firm anything, and this is what happened.

So bearing all this in mind, why on earth has Raj Singh made all these Hartlepool employees jobless in such double quick time. There seems to be no reason to act like this.
Just as much reason as he had to keep the Football Share, which was of no value o him. :roll:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 pm

From what I gather these were seasonal jobs anyway and they are let go during the close season. Singh has merely brought that forward. As much as I hate the bloke I don't think he has done anything wrong here.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:08 pm

I still think Raj may be starting to think that him and football just weren't meant to be.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:00 pm

loan_star wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 pm
From what I gather these were seasonal jobs anyway and they are let go during the close season. Singh has merely brought that forward. As much as I hate the bloke I don't think he has done anything wrong here.
Okay, still probably could have helped them though, I mean kept them on until the end of the season, or through this rocky patch.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:32 am

LoidLucan wrote:Looks like the s*** is starting to hit the fan at Kings Lynn, whatever league they end up in. They have been spending well beyond their means and their dodgy chairman has been providing "loans" to the club but says he can't absorb all of the latest £100,000 shortfall that the club is facing. He has already said he won't be propping the club up beyond this season.

Now he's clearly got it in for the club's Supporters Trust who are reluctant to just hand over a wedge without conditions.... there's clearly suspicion and a lack of trust on both sides. I don't think this will end well.

https://www.kltown.co.uk/single-post/20 ... -statement
Can't be too bad at Kings Lynn they have just signed a left back from Buxton for a undisclosed fee(£10,000 apparently) BUT signing players at this time seems crazy , but good on the lad as his season was over a day or two ago but not now (Hopefully)

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:54 am

Just shows you what a basket case club it is. I just hope for their sake this kid has a big sell-on fee on his head because they are going to need it when the chairman calls in the £400,000 worth of 'loans' he has reportedly made to the club to get them where they are.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:50 pm

quakersfan wrote:

Fret ye not, it looks like the Club is being very proactive..... https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/behind- ... ngton-fc-1

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:49 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
quakersfan wrote:

Fret ye not, it looks like the Club is being very proactive..... https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/behind- ... ngton-fc-1
It's great to see.. But shouldn't they be donating there salaries to the club because the fans are Image Image And no I don't believe they should before anyone gets there knickers in a knot as one fan on here thinks they shouldImage

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:54 pm

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/fixtures

Wow. Check out our fixtures on the official website. They're not hopeful of this ending anytime soon.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Wow. Check out our fixtures on the official website. They're not hopeful of this ending anytime soon.
I don't think I'll be around for those fixtures, haha :lol:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:19 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:

Very disappointed as we obviously not made promotion in 79 years😥

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:21 am

jjljks wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:

Very disappointed as we obviously not made promotion in 79 yearsImage
Could have gone all the way up to the Prem and back again leaving the arena a 55k all seater wasteland Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:28 am

Quaker85 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:21 am
jjljks wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:

Very disappointed as we obviously not made promotion in 79 yearsImage
Could have gone all the way up to the Prem and back again leaving the arena a 55k all seater wasteland Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When do the early bird Season Tickets go on sale? :D :lol: :roll:

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:41 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:

if we keep our season cards do we get a refund if we cant make the game :shock: :shock:

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:33 am

On the plus side at least we still exist in nearly 80 years time. Wonder how we celebrated our 200 year anniversary in 2083 ?