AGM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Bernie Rhodes knows
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: AGM

Post by Bernie Rhodes knows » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:49 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:26 pm
I'm surprised bga and others respond to him as I can't understand what he's on about, it's just drivel.
Funny though !

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:29 pm

bga wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:37 pm
Dilly-dilly wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:45 pm
Looking at Performance and raising Corporate revenue .
Taking last Season . Nothing Special indeed mediocre at best . Yet Outgoing CD Managed to obtain services of Pete Graves Sky Sports . Who also did presentations. All tables Sold out . Given Darlington FC status having been in Administration number of times . Building confidence and re-engaging building Confidence to Spend . Must have been a difficult role . Yet he did so .
At this place in time currently we have 1 Table !
Guest Speaker well thoughts on that all ready made by many . Yet we are looking at maybe making Playoffs . Think its Microwave Meals Provided at Blackwell certainly not good .
Where previous Quality Service and Food was provided.
We have had many discussions on here over the last 18 months or so regards the success or otherwise, regarding the position of a Commercial Manager. The following do not reflect on the individual who held the role as we do not know what constraints, if any, he may have operated under. I accept people will have their own definition of success, and some may claim it should not be measured solely by income brought into the Club. However, you cannot help but conclude from DJ's Financial update July 2019 to date, that the position did not produce the expected results. The CM post was in position 9 months before the start of this period, and for it would seem, all but a couple of months of the period DJ is specifically talking about. Comments such as "The net effect is that Hospitality is only marginally profitable this year" and "Commercial...…. net profit is below expectations" can only mean the position was not as successful as some on here believed it was.

This plus the fact there is no reference to a desire to recruit a new CM says it all for me. Hopefully the Board can find an alternative way of making Commercial more successful.
Absolutely this.

Commercial profit dropped by 50% in 18/19 compared to 17/18, despite hiring a Commercial Director in October 2018.

Yes revenue increase significantly, yes there are more advertising boards around BM, yes hospitality looked more busier but at what cost?

You can see why the club reverted back to its original model in January.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:09 pm

It would appear that our former CM is now a big fan of Spennymoor Town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tezza

Post by tezza » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:49 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:09 pm

???
Last i heard he was on holiday ....probably now in lock down

I fail to see how the former CM is now of relevence.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Quaker85 wrote:

He used to play for them, Spennymoor United to be precise, and they were having an old boys reunion.
One of their match day sponsors yesterday also sponsored Darlo games a couple of times while Craig was here.

coles

Post by coles » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:09 pm

loan_star wrote:
Quaker85 wrote:

He used to play for them, Spennymoor United to be precise, and they were having an old boys reunion.
One of their match day sponsors yesterday also sponsored Darlo games a couple of times while Craig was here.
That’s right he is a former player hence the invitation. Seems like Spenny are picking up a few of our former sponsors I’ve seen a few popping up there recently. The crowd was decent as well.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:26 pm

Dilly-dilly wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 pm
Rather than knocking What Spennymoor are doing right .
Why do you not look at what your doing wrong and who !
Would it not be fit and professional to liaise.
Discover what ways they manage to raise income. Also working with Business maybe in a better way and to Standard greater than DFC .
Clearly BM is not fit for purpose. Yes Beloved TinShed has been erected . However pitch is a disgrace . Services for Corporate are embarrassing .
Country, Europe and Most other are in Lockdown .
Club needs to revise now .
Meat draws . Am sure in our distant past . We worked with A Major Car Sales Company . Find a way win a Car whether
Permanent or period . Flights , Holidays . Simply doing bucket collection and 50/50 will not save Club .
Appreciate currently the Economy is going to take huge hit .
However nothing lasts forever . When the break appears .
This Club needs to be ready with as many streams of Revenue that suites all .
FUCK OFF,YOU LAMEBRAINED SPENDY FUCKWIT.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:54 pm

Dilly-dilly wrote:Rather than knocking What Spennymoor are doing right .
Discover what ways they manage to raise income. Also working with Business maybe in a better way and to Standard greater than DFC .
Clearly BM is not fit for purpose. Yes Beloved TinShed has been erected . However pitch is a disgrace . Services for Corporate are embarrassing .
Meat draws . Am sure in our distant past . We worked with A Major Car Sales Company . Find a way win a Car whether
Permanent or period . Flights , Holidays . Simply doing bucket collection and 50/50 will not save Club .
Go and boil your head in your 6 finger sister shagging town..🖐

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:52 am

Dilly-dilly wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 pm
Rather than knocking What Spennymoor are doing right .
With the present difficult situation who would you prefer to be funding your club. 500 small contributors or one sugar daddy.
We will survive despite our disgraceful pitch ? how long will uncle Brad keep pouring his money into a black hole even if you have a wonderful pitch surrounded with magnificent railings.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:57 am

Isn't dilly-dilly our ex CM rather than a spennymoor die hard?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:44 pm

Dilly dilly appears to be Hutchy. That's his writing style.
If you don't know him he's been a die hard Darlo fan for years. Very funny and completely barking mad (in a good sense)
I remember during the Conference season 89 going on the supporters coach and Hutchy would grab the mike and entertain us all by reading out the football scores and other daft things. Happy times!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Wasn't "Hutchy" Mr Q at one time?

ps, personally I don't think a Darlo fan would write this nonsense we get from Dilly-Dally.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:44 pm
Dilly dilly appears to be Hutchy. That's his writing style.
If you don't know him he's been a die hard Darlo fan for years. Very funny and completely barking mad (in a good sense)
I remember during the Conference season 89 going on the supporters coach and Hutchy would grab the mike and entertain us all by reading out the football scores and other daft things. Happy times!
I agree it could be Hutchy, but I was thinking that the writing style reminded me of Stiv, another humorous poster from the past.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:40 pm

Dilly-Dally is far from humorous.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!