Guiseley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Guiseley

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:23 pm

Bit of a blow for them as their highly rated loan keeper Marcus Dewhurst has just been recalled by Sheff United and sent on loan to Carlisle. Annoyingly for Guiseley it looks like Carlisle have taken him just as cover for injuries. As we have found, the loan system can suddenly kick you in the nuts. They have had to bring in a young keeper from Rochdale on loan.

Guiseley are also missing their 16-goal top scorer Aaron Martin, who is suspended, while they won't be happy to hear Will Hatfield is ready to return to action. We'll need to keep Kaine Felix quiet. Tough and tight game is likely.

Darlopartisan

Re: Guiseley

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:16 pm

Couldn’t go to the away game so looking forward to the game 👍
Are they likely to bring some travelling fans? Anyone.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:01 pm

Yes I expect they will bring some fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:07 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:16 pm
I would guesstimate 100 :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:03 pm

poppyfield wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:07 pm
Darlopartisan wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:16 pm
I would guesstimate 100 :thumbup:
I'd be surprised if they bring 50. Sadly missing this one, but we'll start as firm favourites.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:07 pm

I wish teams in this league travelled as well as we do.

Taking 400 down there and they’ll struggle to bring 50 probably. Be nice if more teams brought numbers so we could get a decent amount of cash in rather than feathering the nest of rivals with good away followings and then get f*ck all from these clubs support when they visit us.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:08 pm

It would also add to the atmosphere if there were more away fans at BM.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:00 pm

Is there anywhere that tells us away numbers? Always interested and amazed at our following.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:13 pm

From memory, I think this site has away stats:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nati ... ague-north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:37 pm

2 down this is really awful ☹️

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:18 pm

God awful ... I think now Armstrong has a few more options he seems to be getting it wrong on what personal to start🤔 I think Hatfield was at 75% today not really himself maybe still feeling his recent injury but too many others not at it..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Horrific performance - one of the worst all season. Second best to everything, nothing going forwards. Not helped by a truly awful pitch - is any work getting done to it in between games? And to top all that off, an atrocious ref.

What a day

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:25 pm

Poor today never threatened to score. Martin was again disappointing,lacks pace and always looking for a free kick which rarely comes.Rivers another who rarely produces anything worthwhile. Yes plenty of skill but no end product.
Referee was also poor but make no mistake he did not make the difference between winning and losing. Guiseley simply stronger and better organised today and fully deserved 3 points.
With 2 away games coming up we need to get something from or the season could simply peter out to mid table obscurity. Still better than last season though and I think AA will turn it around.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Deserved defeat at 3-0. While they did appear to have some help from the ref we were second best across the whole pitch. Could hardly put 2 passes together and not one shot on target. Players got in each others way and the ball given away time after time.

They were fitter and stronger than us and had a game plan to muscle us and close down quickly and not one of our players could cope with it except maybe Donawa.

Not sure where the team go from here as we don't look like scoring after playing so well recently. Think we may need to have Holness back in as he appears to have a calming influence in midfield, ( a few seemed to be losing there heads as they got frustrated with the ref and some wild tackles were going in from our midfield at times), and a footballing brain. Must have been difficult to pick a man of the match.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Abysmal performance from 1 to 11 with the management decisions not far behind.How the hell Armstrong can put Martin in before Campbell is truly baffling.Thats the fourth time I’ve seen him and he has shown nothing.Not 1 shot on target in the 80 minutes I lasted says it all about today.
And Jesus Christ ,that referee!!!!!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:44 pm

The penalty decision was terrible, involving an elaborate dive outside the box but we never got into the game. Bad bad day at the office.

darlobaz791

Post by darlobaz791 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:48 pm

AAs team selection was wrong for the second week in a row. Why drop Elliott and Campbell? Why play so open against a good attacking team? Reid was very poor today as was Rivers. I hope AA can separate his fondness for his Blyth boys with what needs to happen in the team. It's time Omar was back in the team. Only Justin came out with any credit today.

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:50 pm

What was today's 50/50#

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:54 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:25 pm
Poor today never threatened to score. Martin was again disappointing,lacks pace and always looking for a free kick which rarely comes.Rivers another who rarely produces anything worthwhile. Yes plenty of skill but no end product.
Referee was also poor but make no mistake he did not make the difference between winning and losing. Guiseley simply stronger and better organised today and fully deserved 3 points.
With 2 away games coming up we need to get something from or the season could simply peter out to mid table obscurity. Still better than last season though and I think AA will turn it around.
Spot on .Garry Martin offered nothing at all again, very poor upfront and only Donawa was worth his salt today,
Maybe AA tinkering a little to much but he knows what goes on day to day we don't. Ref poor to say the least,
Guiseley deserved their win today,

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:22 pm

That was 2 abysmal performances one from us and one from the referee got what we deserved although how wheatley never got sent off for that tackle beats me

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Last 2 gamesShows where we are. Much much better than last season but a country mile off being a top team in this division.
No coincidence that the top teams have 11 physically strong players, that’s just the way it is and we have some fantastic footballers but not the physicality.
We were just outfought and outthought today by both team and management. They had a game plan to harass us, win second balls and close us down within seconds of getting the ball and did it fantastically well. We had no answer and could not compete. We had one shot in whole game and that was a speculative 70 yarder.
Like I said, hugely better than last season but for the first time for ages we were second best in terms of effort, commitment and application.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:56 pm

Quaker85 thanks, very helpful but I was interested in how many we've taken to games. We seemed to have a good following at Chester but can't see numbers anywhere.
Disappointed with today's result but after last season's debacle were clearly much improved and almost 20 points above the relegation places. Not bad for a "transitional year" especially with the cup runs.
I've been to Chester, Tranmere and Anfield in eight days. Whilst I'm loving the reds displays give me the solid Darlington support anytime. I was surrounded by tourists today. Locals just can't afford it. Under 11's free-imagine that!

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:22 pm

That was abysmal two consecutive games without a single shot on target. Like most posters are saying on here Gary Martin fetches nothing to the table his presence seems to have totally imbalanced the team. And what the hell is Armstrong playing at starting him ahead of Adam Campbell who ran guiseley ragged in the reverse fixture just ten days ago. We would have been much wiser trying to hold on to Jack Lambert in my opinion.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:27 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:20 pm
Not helped by a truly awful pitch - is any work getting done to it in between games?
Yes, 15 fat blokes are rolling around on it.

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Old Git wrote:
pitch not good team not good, anything else.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:45 pm

Mister e wrote:That was abysmal two consecutive games without a single shot on target. Like most posters are saying on here Gary Martin fetches nothing to the table his presence seems to have totally imbalanced the team. And what the hell is Armstrong playing at starting him ahead of Adam Campbell who ran guiseley ragged in the reverse fixture just ten days ago. We would have been much wiser trying to hold on to Jack Lambert in my opinion.
It's always easy to say after the event... Give the lad time

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:52 pm

polarbear wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:29 pm
Old Git wrote:
The fence was excellent.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 pm

polarbear wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:29 pm
Old Git wrote:
Yes I am mature enough to accept it when my team under perform. Nowhere did I comment on the pitch. However I have noticed it is quite flat!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:43 pm

The pitch looked worse than some of the fields I go metal detecting on!

Guiseley coped on it better than us though.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:53 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:45 pm
Mister e wrote:That was abysmal two consecutive games without a single shot on target. Like most posters are saying on here Gary Martin fetches nothing to the table his presence seems to have totally imbalanced the team. And what the hell is Armstrong playing at starting him ahead of Adam Campbell who ran guiseley ragged in the reverse fixture just ten days ago. We would have been much wiser trying to hold on to Jack Lambert in my opinion.
It's always easy to say after the event... Give the lad time

What so you say a player who doesn't even belong to us and leaves in a few weeks time should get priority over our leading scorer who is our player no matter what ?