Chester game....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Chester game....

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:48 am

Disappointing performance and probably a result of fatigue and injuries. All teams have a few off-days a season and that was certainly one of them.

There was little accuracy on our passes, we were too slow going forward and lacked the guile to break down their packed defence. Hatfield’s dynamism was certainly missed.

Having said that, I didn’t think in terms of ability there was that much between both teams. Chester were a bit fresher and a bit more clinical going forward.

It’s been interesting to see how pragmatic most have been. There’s been no toys thrown out of the pram. Most writing it off as a bad day and moving on.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Spyman

Re: Chester game....

Post by Spyman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:46 am

Darlogramps wrote:Disappointing performance and probably a result of fatigue and injuries. All teams have a few off-days a season and that was certainly one of them.

There was little accuracy on our passes, we were too slow going forward and lacked the guile to break down their packed defence. Hatfield’s dynamism was certainly missed.

Having said that, I didn’t think in terms of ability there was that much between both teams. Chester were a bit fresher and a bit more clinical going forward.

It’s been interesting to see how pragmatic most have been. There’s been no toys thrown out of the pram. Most writing it off as a bad day and moving on.
Key to this is probably that we now have belief in this squad that they're able to recover from a disappointing performance/result and go back on another positive run as they've done a couple of times already this season.

Not something we could say about last season's squad who would put in a couple of decent performances and then lose a game and go to s*** for another month.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bga

Post by bga » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:36 pm

There were not many positives from yesterday I see the supporters bus gave MOTM to Wheatley. I thought Elliott had a really good game as well and shaded it for me despite conceding 3? Maybe I will change my mind after I've seen the highlights of the goals again?

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:07 pm

Just one game too many yesterday and with Chesters constant pressing we couldn’t get going. The only real criticism I would have was with AA putting Atkinson in. He never really went looking for the ball while Wheatley and Reid did, so didn’t give us much of an outlet. Didn’t really understand why Holness wasn’t played and then Atkinson could have come on later to build up his fitness.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:27 pm

Don’t understand why Holness didn’t start? Would have been more sense to start him over Atkinson and then bring him on for last 30 to build fitness up.

My MOM was Reid, thought he worked hard at both ends of the pitch and tried to make things happen. M
Just one of those days I think.

We’ll bounce back.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:47 pm

We need remember where we have came from, not long ago the season looked as though it was going to be as dull an end as the last two, now we are in the playoff mix with a lot of teams and its going to be an exciting end.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Rio Doherty
Team Supported: Chester FC

Post by Rio Doherty » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Here is my match vlog from yesterday’s game. Feel free to watch if you wish:
https://youtu.be/BWyUsTsC1i4
Hope you enjoyed and best of luck to you for the rest of the season.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Can't agree about Reid, thought he had a very poor first half but improved in the second.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:41 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Can't agree about Reid, thought he had a very poor first half but improved in the second.
The game is all about opinions

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk