Alun Armstrong 2 part interview from Non-league daily

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tdk1
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Alun Armstrong 2 part interview from Non-league daily

Post by tdk1 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:57 pm

Nine kids! Nine!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:12 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:57 pm
Nine kids! Nine!
Hats off to his missus, I reckon. :clap:

bga

Post by bga » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:38 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:57 pm
Nine kids! Nine!
Not sure what his shirt number was at Boro and County but if like at Ipswich (10) beware Mrs A!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:44 am

Great interview ....9 bloody kids though!!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:01 am

I could loan him a couple of my kids if he is trying to have a full XI.😅

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:13 am

Thanks Vic, what a great piece. Exactly how he comes across, honest , committed and hard working. Didn't like the GL events adverts showing all the spiffing new stands they've supplied!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:16 am

Great Interview and he comes across really well. On the basis of those articles, it seems he is destined to go higher

One thing surprised me. He said he would never sign a player without meeting them first. I never realised other managers did sign players that had not met! Seems to be a pre requisite to me to meet someone before you sign them to find out what they are like and if they would fit in with you and existing squad.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:46 am

spen666 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:16 am
Great Interview and he comes across really well. On the basis of those articles, it seems he is destined to go higher

One thing surprised me. He said he would never sign a player without meeting them first. I never realised other managers did sign players that had not met! Seems to be a pre requisite to me to meet someone before you sign them to find out what they are like and if they would fit in with you and existing squad.
Yes he is going higher Spen with Darlington.
Ainsley has signed so many players I doubt he can remember half their names let alone what they are like!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:19 am

Old Git wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:46 am
spen666 wrote:

Ainsley has signed so many players I doubt he can remember half their names let alone what they are like!

Are you so obsessed with Spennymoor that you have to turn everything into being a contest between them and Darlington.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:36 am

spen666 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:19 am
Old Git wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Are you so obsessed with Spennymoor that you have to turn everything into being a contest between them and Darlington.
Oh the irony of a Spennymoor fan coming onto a Darlington forum accusing a DARLINGTON fan of being obsessed by HIS team..
Unbelievable

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:06 pm

My opinion wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:36 am
spen666 wrote:
Old Git wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Oh the irony of a Spennymoor fan coming onto a Darlington forum accusing a DARLINGTON fan of being obsessed by HIS team..
Unbelievable
Particularly one who, on social media, seems to spend almost as much talking about Darlington as he does Spennymoor Town.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:30 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:06 pm
My opinion wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:36 am
spen666 wrote:
Old Git wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Unbelievable
Particularly one who, on social media, seems to spend almost as much talking about Darlington as he does Spennymoor Town.
I've found that he talks to himself

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:32 pm

Spen is comfortable lying as well, like he did about the flag issue, so probably best to accept that everything he writes have question marks over its accuracy/trustworthiness etc.

He is a troll rather than a serious debater, so pointless getting into any discussions really.
Last edited by super_les_mcjannet on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:14 pm

And then there's his two faced behaviour on other social media. And don't start me on his head in the sand over that seven figure sum. Damn, he's hooked me in again...

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:39 pm

All he needs now is a few Grandchildren and he could field a Starting XI and Subs consisting of 2nd and 3rd Generation Armstrongs.

Had his first at about 19, now 44, that's a kid about every 2.7 years on Average

One thing he cant be accused of, that he has not done his bit for society.

The man must have super sperm, he just needs to look at a woman provocatively and she will get pregnant.

I did some Voluntary work about 11 years for Durham County Council Youth Service with a group of Lads, in one of the School Holidays we got AA to come and give the lads a training session at Maiden Castle, I think he had 5 at the time, maybe 6 or 7, not 100% sure, but one of the lads, or myself, I cant remember, asked if he wanted more kids and he said at that point, he was done.

All in all, quite a nice bloke as it turned out, he brought one of his sons, Luke, along to the session we organised, who was also a good kid, all our lads absolutely loved him and didnt want the session to end

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:22 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:14 pm
And then there's his two faced behaviour on other social media. And don't start me on his head in the sand over that seven figure sum. Damn, he's hooked me in again...
Best just ignore him. If he's being provocative he's just looking for bites, and if he's being all 'reasonable' he's just hoping he's seen as a level-headed, reasonable type who just wants to talk about football. Either way he gets the replies and the attention which is what trolls feed on.

A wise man once said, "I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."