Today's results Saturday January 11th 2020

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Today's results Saturday January 11th 2020

Post by Old Git » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 am

I think anyone in the bottom 10 from Alfreton and below still could be sucked in to a relegation scrap as Blyth are picking up. Personally I hope Blyth stay up.
Also looks like 5th 6th and 7th spots still very much up for grabs. We are very much a part of that at present. Two negatives 1. Our goal difference is worse than those around us. 2. If Michael Liddle is out injured for a while that would be a big blow as he is an excellent player and is irreplaceable at left back.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:30 pm
Vodka_Vic wrote:It was on a twitter post apparently. Someone just needs to,find and screen shot it.
I have the screenshot but sadly, as it uses Spen’s real name, if I go off previous threats/warnings from the mods, I wouldn’t be allowed.

Unless Spen, given his challenge to me, is fine with it being posted.
Spen might take OFFENCE to this.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

richymidd

Post by richymidd » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:57 am

7 games through the rest of Jan and Feb?

16 points.

You heard it here.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:23 pm

From club's website, fixture lists 8 games & some tough ones on the belt. Even with that 'extra' game, I think 16 points is bit optimistic as we are playing a few of our rivals for the play-off spots. If we manage to take 16pts, it would improve our chances vastly.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:05 pm

it's all a bonus though innit :thumbup:

We're not going hellbent for promotion, there's no pressure, and in some ways promotion would throw up some big issues that we're not quite ready for. So personally I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season, hope for a good run in, but not feel despondent if we run out of steam.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:18 pm

We should be going hell bent in every game & if that results in us getting into the playoffs, then that would be great news. If we fall short then fair enough, but I would be very disappointed if the players don't try there utmost in our remaining games.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:19 pm

Pete, I think you may have misunderstood my point -

- yes we should be giving it our all, the players should be giving it their all, but as a supporter the situation isn't as stressful as normal, like when we were trying to get out of the Northern League for example.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm

It’s basically like the Harrogate game, I think. We have a free hit, with no expectations. If we could somehow end up with a home playoff game, that would be great, but I think we’d need to finish 5th to get one? (I think 4th & 5th play 6th and 7th at home, then 2nd & 3rd are at home to the winners...).

Although maybe the gate costs are split like a cup game. Anyway, I think we go out there, keep playing good football and hopefully look set for a better tilt at the playoffs next year...

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:12 pm

I want us to go out and try and win every game, which I think they will attempt to anyhow.

Other than that agree with theoriginalfatcat in that it's not something we are desperate to achieve and if AA/Darlo don't make the playoffs then that isn't a failure on his part for the season.

I am sure the players are starting to look at it like this but it's one game at a time for now. Alfreton next Saturday is the next one, taking 3 points in that game is massive with only 8 home games left and 10 away games, we have to make sure we make the most of the home games.

It's all about being in a good position as you come in for the home straight of final 4/5/6 games.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:08 pm

yes, it's not like the Northern League year, or the year we beat spenny then Bamber Bridge in playoffs. Would have been disaster if we didn't get promoted those years. This year feels relaxed.

Someone mentioned Gateshead, but they lost Kayode back to Rotherham, if they don't replace him and replace him well then I can see their form being patchy.

No reason, with that squad we've got, why we can't get in the playoffs. I've seen plenty of teams this year, and regarding the opposition, I've not thought once 'these are a great team'. Some have been decent, but that's about it