Harrogate Match

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DARLODAH
Team Supported: Darlington

Harrogate Match

Post by DARLODAH » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:09 am

I know this is very early but ....
Will this be segregated ~ all ticket etc?
I hear there will be no replay just straight to extra time and penalties if necessary?

Darlo_Pete

Re: Harrogate Match

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:33 am

I can't see Harrogate bringing more than a 100, as they don't travel in numbers. So I'd be surprised if it is segregated.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:49 am

Won't be all ticket in January lol😁😁😁 everybody's skint after Christmas.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:21 am

Should be able to use the dosh saved for the cancelled trip to Boston!😅

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:25 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:33 am
I can't see Harrogate bringing more than a 100, as they don't travel in numbers. So I'd be surprised if it is segregated.

It's hardly traveling though!

If only about 100 Harrogate fans turn up then it's a pathetic effort by them.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:25 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:33 am

It's hardly traveling though!

If only about 100 Harrogate fans turn up then it's a pathetic effort by them.
I agree with you, if we were playing at their place, we'd take a minimum of 500. The one thing that concerns me about Saturday, is that we played under 3 days before the game & they are a full-time team, so even if we hadn't played on Wednesday, you would normally expect them to be fitter. This could be a real problem if it goes to extra time on Saturday.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Simon Weaver was spotted last night - I bet he's pleased with the outcome, a physically less demanding game, closer to home. Straight to penalties too I've been told, no extra time.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:07 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:04 pm
Simon Weaver was spotted last night - I bet he's pleased with the outcome, a physically less demanding game, closer to home. Straight to penalties too I've been told, no extra time.
Well that will help us, with no extra time.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:13 pm

There is extra time and penalties if need be, but no replay

50 years

Post by 50 years » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:27 pm

Weaver has already stated that they will be going out to win the Trophy as they would like to get to wembley, so expect a full strength team being put out. They are a good team who beat Pools 3 times recently, can play football and the long ball game. Will be hard test for our team, and expect a bit of tiredness, but you never know, our teams confidence must be pretty high.
Tin Shed put on great display of support last night, not a massive crowd but they made a great noise supporting the boys on the pitch.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:14 pm

I think Harrogate are a level above Solihull. As stated above they can mix it up. They have good footballers, and we know what Beck can do (if he isn't back to full fitness then they have Stead. Plenty of good quick players there. Not to be too pessimistic but they go into it as favs

curried Quaker

Post by curried Quaker » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:25 pm

Saw Harrogate play at Yeovil in October and win 2-1. Very good footballing side and my Yeovil mate says that they are the best team they have played all season. Also on a roll the same as us at the moment, so it’s going to be a tough task.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:38 pm

Harrogate haven't changed their starting eleven for the last 4 games.

So if they are going for it then it will be like the below from the game v Maidenhead.

With Falkingham and Will Smith starting and Beck on the bench.

Belshaw, Falkingham, Burrell, Emmett (Kiernan 73), Bradley, Stead (Beck 62), Kerry, Muldoon, Hall, W.Smith (G.Smith 45), Diamond

Subs not used: Thomson, Cracknell

It's a total free hit for us and just looking to enjoy the game which was the same view I had on last nights match.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:05 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:38 pm
Harrogate haven't changed their starting eleven for the last 4 games.

So if they are going for it then it will be like the below from the game v Maidenhead.

With Falkingham and Will Smith starting and Beck on the bench.

Belshaw, Falkingham, Burrell, Emmett (Kiernan 73), Bradley, Stead (Beck 62), Kerry, Muldoon, Hall, W.Smith (G.Smith 45), Diamond

Subs not used: Thomson, Cracknell

It's a total free hit for us and just looking to enjoy the game which was the same view I had on last nights match.
Yep, agree with super les here, a total free hit.. No body expects us to get anything from the game but we all hope we can.
I expect them to bring about 150 fans up and hopefully we get the home fans in as well.
My prediction is 1250 attendance and Darlo to run them close.. Not going to predict who will win though..

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:02 pm

Hatfield v Falkingham should be a tasty battle and I'm quite pleased they've let Joe Leesley go on loan to Stevenage. He always seemed to be a thorn in our side.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Well Soilyhull; Ozzy Osbourne, Jasper Carrott, Bennie off Crossroads _ your boys took a hell of a beating. Looking forward to milking this one at Harrogate's expense.
Betty's Cafe, Yorkshire Tea, Annie off Emmerdale. Good enough to beat Pool for fun though but the spirit and confidence AA has given the club is really fantastic.
Stop Steady and we can start dreaming.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:07 am

Another tough game and hope the Solihull game has not taken too much out of the players to have a real go at Harrogate.Seems they are a decent footballing side but also have a couple of giants in Beck and Stead so can mix it up a bit, but the results against Walsall and Solihull gives a lot of confidence that we can really push Harrogate and you know our lads will give it a hell of a go.
Hopefully have Martin in to give us another option, plus the 2 full days rest will be enough to get us through.Looking forward to the game and great if we can get 1800 or so through the turnstiles.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Quaker85

Harrogate Match

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 am

Two full days rest from football that is. Most of , if not all have work as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:27 am

Quaker85 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 am
Two full days rest from football that is. Most of , if not all have work as well .

Agreed, but on the upside, more time for those squad players coming back from old injuries to regain fitness & may strengthen our bench to give us more options.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:31 am

Quaker85 wrote:Two full days rest from football that is. Most of , if not all have work as well .

That's my only concern that Harrogate will be a lot fresher than us and also FT.But you know that our lads will give 100% so would never rule them out getting another scalp but expect it to be harder than Solihull.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:40 am

Looking forward to this match. I think it will be one step too far - they're flying, full time, and fresher - but we're playing well and it's always interesting to see us competing against teams at a level we aspire to be

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:44 pm

One of their fans on the National League message board reckoned that Weaver was going to rest a few players for this match.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:55 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:44 pm
One of their fans on the National League message board reckoned that Weaver was going to rest a few players for this match.
Must be true then Vic!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:09 pm

bga wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:55 pm
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:44 pm
Must be true then Vic!
Let's hope so. they hopefully will take us lightly & give us a chance. Hard to predict the crowd, I'm thinking in the region of 1300, but the weather forecast is for rain, which may put a few off.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:40 pm

I think that getting to this stage is a reflection on how much the clubs profile has been lifted,
I believe that we as a club must pool all our resources and endeavour to take it to the next level
Sponsors are at an all time high the feel good factor is back .a win tomorrow would be fantastic.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 am

Not hard to predict that Harrogate will bring more fans than Solihull or that they will be a lot tougher to beat.
Useful having the "result on the day" as would not like to build up a fixture backlog when our lads are only part-time, especially with the prospect of the play-offs looming.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:11 am

jjljks wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 am
Not hard to predict that Harrogate will bring more fans than Solihull or that they will be a lot tougher to beat.
Useful having the "result on the day" as would not like to build up a fixture backlog when our lads are only part-time, especially with the prospect of the play-offs looming.
So we're not going to be favourites then? The gale force winds are due to last until 4pm & rain is due from 12pm, which may help to nullify all of the advantages you mention Harrogate have.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:55 am

onewayup wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:40 pm
I think that getting to this stage is a reflection on how much the clubs profile has been lifted,
I believe that we as a club must pool all our resources and endeavour to take it to the next level
Sponsors are at an all time high the feel good factor is back .a win tomorrow would be fantastic.
A previous manager told us that none of this could be achieved without outside financial assistance. He said that we would struggle to stay in this league, and all our best players would leave and not be replaced.

Martin Gray.............
Last edited by theoriginalfatcat on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:09 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:11 am
jjljks wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 am
So we're not going to be favourites then? The gale force winds are due to last until 4pm & rain is due from 12pm, which may help to nullify all of the advantages you mention Harrogate have.
We are not favourites but the elements may help even things up a bit, provided the forecasters are right.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:50 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:55 am
onewayup wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:40 pm
A previous manager told us that none of this could be achieved without outside financial assistance. He said that we would struggle to stay in this league, and all our best players would leave and not be replaced.

Marin Gray.............

If we can keep our present setup namely Alan Armstrong, and the commercial side Craig Morley who had upto now done a fantastic job bringing in sponsors and sorting sourcing coats for stewards and hospitality upgrades,
Then i believe wee will be successful. Time will tell i think just how good this lot are.onwards and upwards. with darlo fc.