Spennymoor Away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlofan97
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor Away

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:26 pm

With no crush barriers behind, it’s a recipe for disaster. Luckily nobody was seriously injured.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:28 pm

After this episode, I have decided after many visits to Spennymoor's ground I wont be going again, doesn't mean much I know, but that's where I am over this.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:33 pm

al_quaker wrote:Some serious head in the sand from certain spennymoor supporters.

One thing that isn’t clear to me, and maybe polarbear could enlighten us. If there was as much space at the bottom end of the ground as is being claimed by some spennymoor town fans, why did spennymoor town officials open up an extra bit of terracing at the top of the ground? Why wouldn’t they just send people down to the oceans of space apparently available at the bottom end of the ground?
No polarbear didn’t want to answer this. I wonder why

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:35 pm

polarbear wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:22 pm
FozzQuaker wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:02 pm
polarbear wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:45 pm
Here is an image from Twitter of the end all those near the Spenny fans should have moved to apparently.

Embarrassing that it was even suggested, imagine another couple of hundred in here.

That photo was taken 2nd half, a lot less 1st half
Surely whoever took the photo will know what time it was, there is data to show what time a photo was taken.

Then you'll just claim the exif information was doctored

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The photo was taken after sunset, just take a look at the red sky..DELUDED
It was taken before the seats were opened up to more people as you have been told.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm

poppyfield wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:28 pm
After this episode, I have decided after many visits to Spennymoor's ground I wont be going again, doesn't mean much I know, but that's where I am over this.
There will be a few like you.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:41 pm

loan_star wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm
poppyfield wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:28 pm
There will be a few like you.
Yep not bothered if I get a ticket next time, will actually consider if I can be bothered to go.

Won't make any difference if I go or not as we will sell the 600 tickets we get anyhow.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:45 pm

Here is an image from Twitter of the end all those near the Spenny fans should have moved to apparently.

Embarrassing that it was even suggested, imagine another couple of hundred in here.

Dodgy looking character in the forefront of the picture. :D :D :D :D

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:04 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:47 pm
https://twitter.com/durhammariners/stat ... 74688?s=21

So the fence was already loose at the Gateshead game

There are serious questions as to whether that fence, which was acting as a crush barrier, meets the Green Guide requirements for horizontal load of a crush barrier. If it did not then how any spennymoor town fan can defend their stewards letting supporters into an unsafe area of the ground I’ve no idea. This is regardless of whether there was space further down (which is debatable any way), which ultimately is irrelevant as to whether the crush barrier is fit for purpose or not.
One wonders if Spenny knew about this fencing issue and that is why they decided to limit our away following to 900 at the last minute?

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:06 pm

loan_star wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:47 pm

However it seems over the last 18 months or so they have developed this "billy big bollocks" attitude, especially towards us.
It's since they started pushing the "Pride Of County Durham" mantra and after a few people started taking it seriously.

They've got a cheek crowning themselves that to be honest, surely that honour should be bestowed on an organisation by Durham County, instead of someone bestowing the title upon themselves in order to look more important.

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:12 pm

polarbear wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:22 pm
FozzQuaker wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:02 pm
polarbear wrote:

That photo was taken 2nd half, a lot less 1st half
Surely whoever took the photo will know what time it was, there is data to show what time a photo was taken.

Then you'll just claim the exif information was doctored

The photo was taken after sunset, just take a look at the red sky..DELUDED
It was taken before the seats were opened up to more people as you have been told.
Show the exif data mate...

Will anything shut that twisty twat up

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Hope polar bear isn't someone called Andy Robbo. He's being the worst at trying to defame Darlo Fans on social media and also laughing at us for what Raj Singh did to us. When Brad withdraws his millions people like them will be fair game.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:23 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:08 pm
en passant wrote: It was noteworthy that despite the freedom thereafter for the Darlo fans to spill out onto the pitch and make a real nuisance of themselves it was only a few who had been hurt or upset that ended up out of the allocated area. If mischief had been their aim and they had broken the barrier to gain access to the pitch to rampage about, why did they stay where they were?
Very good point. Hardly the behaviour of a load of troublemakers hell bent on carnage as alleged by certain individuals.
If our fans were troublemakers hell bent on carnage they simply would have steamrollered the 4 stewards trying to keep hundreds of fans penned in, and waded through the tape (yes, tape lol) straight into the Spendy supporters. Carnage = caused.

They didn't do that when they easily could have, so to be painted as troublemakers is ridiculous.

As per, it was a small handful of casuals from each side, one beer too many, doing a bit of chest beating and noise making - but with no serious intent to get into a blood bath at the end of it. If there was intent to do that - it would have happened.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:27 pm

A boycott next season would cost Spenny about £10k at a guess if everybody stayed at home. I may give it a miss and donate the cash to the club instead. I know some will go regardless but it would be great to put a significant amount of money in to our club than line Brads pockets.
Lets face it we were hard pushed to create much atmosphere from down the side anyway.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:44 pm

Old Git wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:27 pm
A boycott next season would cost Spenny about £10k at a guess if everybody stayed at home. I may give it a miss and donate the cash to the club instead. I know some will go regardless but it would be great to put a significant amount of money in to our club than line Brads pockets.
Lets face it we were hard pushed to create much atmosphere from down the side anyway.
Decided my son and I won’t go to Spennymoor again, no place to take kids .

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:50 pm

al_quaker wrote:
loan_star wrote:Says more about you polarbear, spinning facts just like the club you support.
Credit where its due though, you have come on here to make yourself look a knob, whereas your fellow knob jockey Spen is keeping a low profile.
Apart from on social media. Two faced spen
Spen is hardly keeping a low profile.
“Darlington twinned with Hillsborough” was one of his gags on Facebook. Nice guy.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:53 pm

It's now our duty to remind him of that vile comment whenever he comes on here.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:55 pm

I was stood not far from that corner and to be honest from what I witnessed, the barrier was wobbling from the start and I mentioned to my mate that could be dangerous, then once the barrier had move forward the darlo fans stood back from it,(and they could have spilled onto the pitch and pushed barrier right down, but didn't), the only reason it went right over was when the stewards started to push fans back and bottom stewards slipped against the fence from the bottom step and fell into the fence which collapsed.
The Spennymoor officials trying to sort it, seemed absolutely out of there deapth. DJ came over to ask the fans to move, most didn't as they did not believe there was somewhere to move to. I moved down with my mate to where was being pointed to, only to be met by people coming the other way saying they could not get through. I walked back to original spot and a few of us shouted to DJ that we could not get through, he then moved down and seemed to sort it, it was a good job he was there as Spennymoor officials seemed incapable of doing it!
Although there is the official away fans count, we also know the gate was opened and between 50 - 60 reportedly got through, also a number of fans who must have come in the wrong end so walked under the barrier tape to get into our end.

Did not see any really bad behaviour, other than the plastic bottle thrown at the stewards when they started to push. Just lucky nobody was badly hurt.

As to the game, we had enough chances, (not just half chances), to have won that game although Spennymoor had most of the game. Second goal looked offside from where I was stood and third goal because we were chasing the game.

Overall I enjoyed the game, and we kept Taylor (possibly the best CF in the league), quiet.
Although disappointed at result, happy overall with points tally over Christmas, and my mate at his first Darlo game said he is coming to Sat game as he was impressed with the standard of football.

Maybe our target of this year is to try and get ahead of Spennymoor in the league to have the final laugh. Over to the team 😁

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:56 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:50 pm
al_quaker wrote:
loan_star wrote:Says more about you polarbear, spinning facts just like the club you support.
Credit where its due though, you have come on here to make yourself look a knob, whereas your fellow knob jockey Spen is keeping a low profile.
“Darlington twinned with Hillsborough” was one of his gags on Facebook. Nice guy.
To be fair I meant on here. I don't follow the numb twonk on twitter or facebook.
If thats what he has come out with then he's a very sad individual, making fun of an incident where dozens died.

SFG

Post by SFG » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:57 pm

en passant wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:55 pm
For what it's worth I was within earshot of the guy organising the stewards at the bottom end of the ground well before kick off and he was telling them that only disabled and those who would not be able to stand were allowed to sit in the limited seating at that end of the ground. Red and white tape was being used to mark out this area as different to the standing area along Darlo side of the ground. So until the stewards at that end were told otherwise, I guess they would have refused to let anyone else move down there. It only seemed to be when Dave Johnston got involved that anything was done to release that area for the more abled bodied fans to go to, and that was well after the stewards at the top end had tied to push the Darlo fans near the bent fence back, resulting in the force of bodies, with nowhere left to go, bringing the fence down. It was noteworthy that despite the freedom thereafter for the Darlo fans to spill out onto the pitch and make a real nuisance of themselves it was only a few who had been hurt or upset that ended up out of the allocated area. If mischief had been their aim and they had broken the barrier to gain access to the pitch to rampage about, why did they stay where they were?
At 2:45pm, a steward walked round the area near the seated stand inviting fans to use the empty seats. & I can confirm that there was a small amount of space on the adjacent terrace throughout the first half. Just needed better pre-event planning.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:57 pm

I hope people have screenshot that Hillsborough gag.

Pretty sick if it’s true. Wants banning off here as well.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:01 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
What a horrid horrid individual

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:05 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:53 pm
Or perhaps we should all, everyone of us, just take a vow, a new year's resolution if you like, to just ignore him and not respond to any of his posts, no matter how innocuous or uncontroversial they seem. Trolls feed on attention. He'll starve without it.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:11 pm

biccynana wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Or perhaps we should all, everyone of us, just take a vow, a new year's resolution if you like, to just ignore him and not respond to any of his posts, no matter how innocuous or uncontroversial they seem. Trolls feed on attention. He'll starve without it.
Problem is someone always does bite. Best thing would be for the mods to do their job and kick him, and the other Spenny fake news spreaders like polarbear, off the board completely.

Posting something like that should see him lose his job to be honest.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:14 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:11 pm
biccynana wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Problem is someone always does bite. Best thing would be for the mods to do their job and kick him, and the other Spenny fake news spreaders like polarbear, off the board completely.

Posting something like that should see him lose his job to be honest.
I know, it's hard not to bite. Presumably banning his account would just see him back in another guise though.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:19 pm

biccynana wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:14 pm
I know, it's hard not to bite. Presumably banning his account would just see him back in another guise though.
He would be easy to spot. Freaks like him always are.

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:56 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
And that clown is like a dose of the clap, the is the gift that keeps on giving, if I saw Spen on fire, I would purposely piss my pants before I pissed on him to put him out

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:01 pm

I'm sure Scott will ban him & any characters he try's to come back on here with.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:08 pm

https://www.raithrovers.net/files/Guide ... rounds.pdf

This is the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds.
Very interesting reading.
Just skim read certain sections and Spenny fall short in several ways in just those skim read sections. Namely:
1. Any barriers must pass a certain stringent load test - this will affect capacity
2. Stewards have 10 basic duties. They fall short on more than one.
3. Spectators shouldn't be overincorporated into an area where crush barriers don't exist. This cleary happened.
4. Sight lines also need to be taken into account when deciding the capacity of a particular area. (Therefore we have a strong argument that what many of the Spenny trolls have been saying, that our spectators in the overcrowded area where the fence collapsed caused it themselves by moving away from less crowded areas, is in fact incorrect as it could be deemed unreasonable to direct spectators to an area where they can't see).

I'm sure people with more time on their hands could find many more. If a layman like myself can find theses failures so easily then the H and S committe would have a field day.
Last edited by Vodka_Vic on Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:14 pm

I find it amusing that Spenny fans are claiming our lot came to the BF intent on trouble, that I dont doubt, every club has a small number of clowns, but seriously...

If there were fans intent on causing trouble, no amount of red and white tape could not have stopped anybody breaching it, even a child could breach that on there own

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:22 pm

I'm also sure I saw something on social media somewhere, cant exactly remember where, that Spennymoor Official were not exactly keen on getting the game restarted and favoured the game being abandoned...