Blyth game

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

Blyth game

Post by quakerste » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:28 am

With only 48hrs between fixtures do you think there will be any changes in the team tomorrow or will AA go with the same 11?

Personally I would bring in Donawa, Lambert and Holness and give Hatfield, Thommo and Campbell a rest if the latter is carrying a slight knock from yesterday.
Last edited by quakerste on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H1987

Re: Blyth tomorrow

Post by H1987 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Agree with all of those.

Not underestimating Blyth by the way, but these guys fresh has to be a better idea than a second 90 minutes some of these guys inside 48 hours. I’d even consider involving Watson too, and Bascome. All good players, and especially Bascome has found his opportunities limited lately through no great fault of his own. He was in form then injured, and Omar’s sudden burst of form saw him out of the team. Donowa is a must too.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:30 pm

try telling Hatfield he's not playing. I get the sense he'll be wanting to start. He strikes me as someone who would be knocking on Alun's door (if he has an office) to tell him not to rest him

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:22 pm

Hope we picked up no injuries yesterday but isn’t it great to have real options

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:40 pm

Spoke to Hatfield yesterday after the game & he is so excited about playing at Blyth, so there's your answer. We should have some great support up there. It'll be interesting to see what reception Alun get's from the Blyth fans?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Maybe Hatfield will play, but i'd be absolutely amazed if there isn't some rotation, given we also have a game only a few days after this one too!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:44 pm

Nice to have the options available & am sure that AA knows enough about Blyth to sort out a side to give them a good game.

darlogaz83

Post by darlogaz83 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:03 am

First visit to blyth for me today. Does anyone know what parking is like near the ground?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:32 am

Hi QUAKERSTE, can you change the thread title please , we don't want anyone turning up tomorrow :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:42 am

darlogaz83 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:03 am
First visit to blyth for me today. Does anyone know what parking is like near the ground?
The ground is surrounded by terraced housing, no restrictions as far as I remember. The earlier you get there the nearer you will get to the ground. The Wallaw is a Weatherspoons is pretty close to the town centre & it is only about half a mile from the ground & it's a pretty decent pub, set in an old cinema.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:16 am

darlogaz83 wrote:First visit to blyth for me today. Does anyone know what parking is like near the ground?
As you exit left at the roundabout sign
Ousted for the town centre, immediately on your right is a modern housing estate which is great for parking, 10 mins walk to the ground and easy for getting away after the game.Thats where I always park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:18 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
darlogaz83 wrote:First visit to blyth for me today. Does anyone know what parking is like near the ground?
As you exit left at the roundabout sign
Ousted for the town centre, immediately on your right is a modern housing estate which is great for parking, 10 mins walk to the ground and easy for getting away after the game.Thats where I always park.

Should read exit left at the roundabout signposted Blyth Town Centre.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:26 pm

1 up Reid with his first goal

bga

Post by bga » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:40 pm

Brilliant start!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Donowa just doubles darlo`s lead

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Enjoyed the game good atmosphere great result , two well taken goals. Why on earth they don’t play Dale up front is unbelievable, and he’s taking their free kicks, happy days 😀

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:40 pm

Great performance again today. Thought Elliott was MOTM, as he made some great saves & commanded his area very well.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:05 pm

Thought our support was absolute class. Despite it being a bugger of a place to get too, it looked like we had more supporters at the game, than travelled to York the previous Saturday. I know Blyth are going through a rough spot, but there support was pretty poor & I only heard them sing the once. On the way into Blyth, I was passed by a double decker going to Newcastle and it was rammed with Newcastle fans. A few seconds later I saw a double decker heading for Blyth, which was completely empty!!

onewayup

Re: Blyth game

Post by onewayup » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:41 pm

Why do clubs continually give wrong figures for darlington away support,,York short by at least 300,again today blyth figure short by a minimum of 250.strange???? They are not only ones either. Watch spennys numbers next week.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:50 pm

Do you not think this is for accounting purposes? I sometimes look at our attendances at BM and think that looks a couple of hundred short. I could be completely wrong though.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:28 am

onewayup wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:41 pm
Why do clubs continually give wrong figures for darlington away support,,York short by at least 300,again today blyth figure short by a minimum of 250.strange???? They are not only ones either. Watch spennys numbers next week.
I think that sometimes they are embarrassed at their home support & it's easier to understate the away support & make out they have more support than they actually have.

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 am

Have to say that having not been at yesterday's game I was hoping for a bit more feedback from those who did go. Not a complaint but an observation that having won four in a row the reaction here does seem very muted indeed, and contrasts sharply with the exuberant thread about the Spenny game. Perhaps there were a few more shandies than normal consumed yesterday for the reaction to have been recorded as yet, or maybe we are taking a lead from the level-headed approach that the players are displaying and not getting over-excited when there are still mighty challenges ahead. And Spenny away, with them wanting to get back on track after two defeats, will be a very big game for both teams and the direction of the second half of the season.

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:53 am

onewayup wrote:
Deluded

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:55 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
onewayup wrote:
I think that sometimes they are embarrassed at their home support & it's easier to understate the away support & make out they have more support than they actually have.
Or maybe it’s that the announced figures are correct and people just can’t judge the size of a crowd they are in very well...

As for the game - scrappy would be the word. Heavy legs, heavy pitch, but a win is a win. We had a bit more quality going forwards than them to finish our chances, and Elliott made a couple of excellent saves.

Onto NYD and an interesting match. We’ve got ourselves onto the edges of the playoffs, and now have a chance to leap over a fellow playoff chasing team. But it will be a very tough game. It’ll be interesting to see how spennymoor play on their supposedly excellent new pitch, or if they’ll still be the long ball team we saw on Boxing Day. Either way, a good pitch should suit our game so it should be another decent game.

carlodarlo

Post by carlodarlo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:35 am

A look on football ground guide gives that away end a capacity of 1,200. It was certainly more than just over half full. It is difficult to judge what the number will be exactly but I’d be fairly certain we would have took a minimum of 800.

As for the game we did what we had to do and conserved energy, particularly in the second half. You could be picky and say Blyth probably had the better chances in the game but it’s about taking them and we did and they didn’t. If you had offered me to be a point off the playoffs a month ago I would have snapped your hand off so the lads deserve all the praise they get. It’s fantastic to have a group of players and management team that you can really get behind again and feel like they feel the same about the fans. Long may it continue.

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:53 am

carlodarlo wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:35 am
A look on football ground guide gives that away end a capacity of 1,200. It was certainly more than just over half full. It is difficult to judge what the number will be exactly but I’d be fairly certain we would have took a minimum of 800.

As for the game we did what we had to do and conserved energy, particularly in the second half. You could be picky and say Blyth probably had the better chances in the game but it’s about taking them and we did and they didn’t. If you had offered me to be a point off the playoffs a month ago I would have snapped your hand off so the lads deserve all the praise they get. It’s fantastic to have a group of players and management team that you can really get behind again and feel like they feel the same about the fans. Long may it continue.
Deluded....you always have more than other teams

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:57 am

What did they announce? The away end looked absolutely packed, and we had some seats allocated too didn't we? Not really our problem, but i thought the announced attendance looked low having seen photos of the packed out away end.

carlodarlo

Post by carlodarlo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:03 am

Why is an opinion that we pretty much filled a stand that I’ve read had a 1,200 capacity deluded polarbear?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:15 am

He's a troll. Ignore him.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:55 pm

en passant wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 am
And Spenny away, with them wanting to get back on track after two defeats, will be a very big game for both teams and the direction of the second half of the season.
It's not a big game for us. It would be brilliant to win or even get a draw, but if we don't it doesn't really matter as we've had a great little run and are still in a transition period. Our players will not be under any pressure, Spennymoor on the other hand...........
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!