Darlington V Telford

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grytters
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Telford

Post by grytters » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:16 pm

Utter and total sodding nadringtons.
Bring Back the Quarters

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:29 pm

I hope the camera lad is ok

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:35 pm

Why can we never put the ball in the net at the tin shed end ? This is one of our bad habits that's really beginning to grind on me now. Also Thompson was selfish today putting himself before the team if your carrying an injury like he obviously was then hold your hand up and be substituted don't effectively leave your team mates playing with ten men. Finally stop giving these players the kid glove treatment we were promised the first half at brackley would never happen again it has we were told the manager would try and work out why we fade in games he hasn't. Looks like Telford's manager stripped paint off the dressing room walls at half-time follow his lead and make this lot give their all for ninety minutes at Leamington a team we've already proved we can beat.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:49 pm

Also helps when you’ve got a striker on the bench who scored 30 goals in a season for Matlock Town in the NPL a couple of seasons ago. Who’ve we got to bring on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:56 pm

We should have left Campbell on and substituted Thompson whose injury was making us ineffective this was my point.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:57 pm

I have to imagine we're running on fumes a little. Our squad is small with the injuries we have, and we'd be knackered in a normal season, never mind one with 8 games in August and four extra cup games.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:13 pm

I think c-numb might be right. This seems to be quite a tough league and losing 2-0 leads - which we did a few times last season - must be hard to take. I noticed Brackley hit six away today and they made us look pretty poor the other week. It takes it's toll and maybe it is a faith thing so perhaps AA could do worse than a bible class around blessed are the meek for they shall stuff York City at their place and put the wind up Brackley. Either way the management is meeting our earlier expectations so we might walk on water yet - starting at Leamington Spa.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:17 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:I hope the camera lad is ok

What happened did he faint? Couldn’t see what was going on from where I was.

“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:12 pm

Mister e wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:35 pm
Why can we never put the ball in the net at the tin shed end ? This is one of our bad habits that's really beginning to grind on me now. Also Thompson was selfish today putting himself before the team if your carrying an injury like he obviously was then hold your hand up and be substituted don't effectively leave your team mates playing with ten men. Finally stop giving these players the kid glove treatment we were promised the first half at brackley would never happen again it has we were told the manager would try and work out why we fade in games he hasn't. Looks like Telford's manager stripped paint off the dressing room walls at half-time follow his lead and make this lot give their all for ninety minutes at Leamington a team we've already proved we can beat.
This 100 goals target is praying on Thompson’s mind, he looks desperate to get it over and done with.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:23 pm

Agreed. The sooner he gets to 100 the better. On a more cynical note, there were more Darlington “fans” at Walsall than BM today.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:24 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:

I think so, he just collapsed, hope he is ok

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:31 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Just tweeted that he’s absolutely fine now 👍🏻

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:47 pm

Big Tim wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:31 pm
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Just tweeted that he’s absolutely fine now 👍🏻
Good news.Poor devil was probably frozen stiff very little action at Tin Shed end 2nd half

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:05 pm

If we'd gone in 3 or 4 up at half-time it wouldn't have been unfair, as we played really well in the first half. We capitulated in the second half, very poor defensively.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:06 pm

TBH good first half, dreadful 2nd half. We can’t afford to go up so let’s just finish above mid table and I think most fans would be happy.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:38 pm

I can't really comment on any potential offside for the second goal, but it should've been moot anyway as I was right opposite the free kick and the ball was clearly rolling when it was taken. Everyone in the vicinity could see it apart from two people apparently :roll:

As an aside, I do enjoy watching Ellis Deeney play. He's obviously a decent footballer, but he always gives me the impression that he thinks he's a lot better than he actually is, strolling around in midfield wearing number 3, popping off no-look passes like he's David Silva.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:46 pm

Good job only 2 going down this season. We are not playoff material and anyone who thinks so is delusional. Tough run of games coming up and I fear we will be too far off the pace by New Year. We are lightweight up front and give away too many soft goals that is the reality. Not beaten by a more skilful team today but by a team who wanted it more and were better organised. Stop winging Mr Armstrong and sort it out that’s what you are paid for mate.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:46 am

Old Git wrote:Good job only 2 going down this season. We are not playoff material and anyone who thinks so is delusional. Tough run of games coming up and I fear we will be too far off the pace by New Year. We are lightweight up front and give away too many soft goals that is the reality. Not beaten by a more skilful team today but by a team who wanted it more and were better organised. Stop winging Mr Armstrong and sort it out that’s what you are paid for mate.
Ah yes, the customary drunken overreaction. Maybe when you’ve sobered up in the morning you’ll cringe at having written this. All a little embarrassing.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:43 am

Old Git wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:46 pm
Good job only 2 going down this season. We are not playoff material and anyone who thinks so is delusional. Tough run of games coming up and I fear we will be too far off the pace by New Year. We are lightweight up front and give away too many soft goals that is the reality. Not beaten by a more skilful team today but by a team who wanted it more and were better organised. Stop winging Mr Armstrong and sort it out that’s what you are paid for mate.
Your wrong, based on the first half, we are more than a decent team, a good team can play badly, a bad team can't suddenly play good. I'd like to think we are the former, rather than the later.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:47 am

Had to miss this game & now will have to cut the 2nd half of the video highlights off my catch-up viewing. Christmas came early for Telford.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:04 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:46 am
Old Git wrote:Good job only 2 going down this season. We are not playoff material and anyone who thinks so is delusional. Tough run of games coming up and I fear we will be too far off the pace by New Year. We are lightweight up front and give away too many soft goals that is the reality. Not beaten by a more skilful team today but by a team who wanted it more and were better organised. Stop winging Mr Armstrong and sort it out that’s what you are paid for mate.
Ah yes, the customary drunken overreaction. Maybe when you’ve sobered up in the morning you’ll cringe at having written this. All a little embarrassing.
Not so at all just a realistic opinion of where I think we are. Of course you can differ if you want to that’s fine.We have been unfortunate with injuries but yesterday we put out a strong team and were found wanting not for the first time recently.We are lacking the consistency to be a top seven team and I predict we are likely to finish below mid table.It is also true A A is paid to sort it out so what’s your problem Darlo Grumps ?

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:08 am

Thought we were excellent first half, played some great passing football and should have been 4 up.Their goal straight after half time was poor from us and without doubt was the turning point but even deep into added time we were very unlucky not to make it 3-2.Still cannot believe we did not take the 3 points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 am

Was that a little bit of a retort by AA in the post-match interview, when he said Justin Donawa didn't impact the 2nd half one little bit. Markedly different words from saying that someone faded a little. Sounds like he's saying 'That's why Donawa doesn't start.

Darlogramps

Darlington V Telford

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 am

Old Git wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:46 am
Not so at all just a realistic opinion of where I think we are. Of course you can differ if you want to that’s fine.We have been unfortunate with injuries but yesterday we put out a strong team and were found wanting not for the first time recently.We are lacking the consistency to be a top seven team and I predict we are likely to finish below mid table.It is also true A A is paid to sort it out so what’s your problem Darlo Grumps ?
“Sort it out mate” and “stop whinging” is very cringeworthy, as is the “good job only two go down”. It reads like you’d hit the keyboard after having one too many last night.

All very embarrassing and unnecessary, especially when you actually make a handful of decent enough points elsewhere.

Although I don’t recall anyone saying we’ll be making the play-offs so I’m not entirely sure where that came from.

What I would say is if you look at Armstrong’s record at Blyth, he tends to go on long unbeaten runs, followed by a big drop off in form. We had a good run of about eight unbeaten, so it wouldn’t at all surprise if our form tails off before picking up again.

This season is a rebuild season, as we all know. We’ve had one cup run, hopefully we can have another in the Trophy and start assembling a team for a push next season. Everyone knows we’re short of a couple of forwards, and defensively we have questions marks without doubt.

But all this nonsense of “good job only two go down” is way over the top.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:54 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 am
Was that a little bit of a retort by AA in the post-match interview, when he said Justin Donawa didn't impact the 2nd half one little bit. Markedly different words from saying that someone faded a little. Sounds like he's saying 'That's why Donawa doesn't start.
I haven’t seen this interview but to me Donawa didn’t produce anything in the second half, and to start with him in the team isn’t the answer to our goal scoring issues at present. He is a raw talent, unpredictable, and with masses of pace - ideal qualities for a “super sub” - and there’s nothing wrong with this term either, some players have made good careers out of being played this way.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:55 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 pm
Tore them apart in the first half with some great football but it unravelled from the moment Campbell's bad mistake handed them the chance to get in behind and cross for a simple first goal (their first effort of note and handed on a plate).
Just to point out, they missed two golden chances in the first half, so no, their first goal wasn't their first effort of note.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:57 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:54 am
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 am
I haven’t seen this interview but to me Donawa didn’t produce anything in the second half, and to start with him in the team isn’t the answer to our goal scoring issues at present. He is a raw talent, unpredictable, and with masses of pace - ideal qualities for a “super sub” - and there’s nothing wrong with this term either, some players have made good careers out of being played this way.
Donawa didn't do anything in the 2nd half but neither did any fucker else, so to single him out is totally unfair.

If we take the match as a whole, Donawa was our 2nd best player IMHO.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:58 am

We have the players to compete in this league assembled by AA, it's just unfortunate that three of them are long term injuries. From very early in the season.
The players playing are knackered after tough games.
It's not as bad as some are making it out to be.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:01 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:26 pm
Good we can give lads a rest, AA is building a great squad, what a manager.
We're 6-3-8 and no cunnt knows where the net is.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:03 am

Also, going back to Donawa, does he not have 5 goals in all comps, despite having spent half of the season with Bermuda and the other half sitting on our bench.

He can finish (unlike "Cams") that's for sure.