Brackley V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Brackley V Darlington

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Wednesday was why there was a lack of tackles. If you mistime a tackle and have a card happy ref, you might miss Weds, especially with such a thin squad. Maybe not the right option by our players, but you can understand why.

Edit: Just watched it again and stand by what I said. Our players just trying to stand theirs up rather than tackle for fear of what it brings. I'd have taken a 20-0 defeat on Saturday if it means progression on Wednesday. Just unfortunate that being a Midlands exile this is one game I can get to. Had some great crack with some Darlo fans though.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: Brackley V Darlington

Post by Wiseacre » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:26 pm

jjljks wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:05 am
poppyfield wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:50 am
I wasn't going to but, I just watched the highlights , my advice is don't , it will destroy any hope you might have for Wednesday.
[*]

Thanks for the warning, but a bit late for me.
Hot knife through butter in the first half with a lack of tackles upfield & letting them run at pace down to our box, then took every chance they were given, as we didn't take ours. AA rang the changes & we looked better but they had lost their goal appetite by then.
Walsall will be licking their lips if we can't find the spirit we showed at their place.
Maybe this is why it would be such a big win for a part-time team who can't afford any slack. Saddlers could compete on Saturday and came away with a boost also if their main striker plays he can't miss so many chances again. They'll fancy it but Quakers can do it which would be monumental.