York away next month

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

York away next month

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Confirmed it won't be at their new ground. They'll move sometime in the new year after test events have taken place. If you saw York v Altrincham on the FA Cup this afternoon, most of the away end was sectioned off and only 300 places for the away end. Wonder if parts of it have been condemned like the old Tin Shed was. If so, hopefully they give us the stand down the side instead.

Darlo_Pete

Re: York away next month

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Yeh I noticed that, no doubt they'll be a very large Darlo following at the game, hope they'll be able to accommodate all of us?

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:52 pm

We took over 1000 on a Tuesday night. Imagine how many will want to go for a Saturday day sesh in York. If we’re still in good form I could see over 1500 going down.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 pm

They usually section it off for most clubs who only bring so many. It will all be open as usual for our visit
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Talking to a York season ticket holder the whole end is opened up if a lot of fans are expected, end is reduced depending on number of fans expected, plus there is seating.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:36 pm
Confirmed it won't be at their new ground. They'll move sometime in the new year after test events have taken place. If you saw York v Altrincham on the FA Cup this afternoon, most of the away end was sectioned off and only 300 places for the away end. Wonder if parts of it have been condemned like the old Tin Shed was. If so, hopefully they give us the stand down the side instead.
As has been said above this is standard practice for smaller away followings, I was at Bootham Crescent back in September when they played Southport and although it is certainly showing its age, it is not in that in bad a state of disrepair.

And as for the Tin Shed being "condemned" I remember there being murmurs of foul play towards the end at Feethams involving a certain former chairman.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly