Hereford....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hereford....

Post by lo36789 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:40 am

I think the evolution piece is important - it was strange on Saturday as you actually saw the almost signature moves of Campbell and O'Neill come so close but just not end up in the net.

Campbell cutting in onto his right foot in the penalty area and then finding the far corner of the net. On Saturday the shots went just past the post or were deflected.

O'Neill just jinking and turning in the box before finding the small space to shoot between. Hereford just seemed to have defenders in behind the keeper or players throwing themselves to block this on Saturday.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:28 pm

Pre-season AA said that Wilson Kneeshaw was welcome to train with us in his recovery from his ruptured achilles.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:16 pm

H1987 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:07 am
Did I see that Kneeshaw was warming up pre-game? Wouldn't be against that. Another creative option to have.
We were not clinical enough on Saturday, and generally haven't been clinical enough all season - WK does not bring clinical finishing to the table.

en passant

Post by en passant » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:11 am

The last few posts have pointed out a concern that was visibly there at the start of the season when, because AA failed to sign Maguire, we were potentially going to struggle in the goal getting area. We have some very gifted players who can all pitch in with a decent amount of goals but in games, like the one on Saturday, you need a regular goalscorer who will find a way to get a goal, either to win a game or get an unlikely draw when you have been under the cosh. And AA himself feared that Saturday's game was one that could have been won by Hereford in that way, and Nicholson nearly did. I think that AA has been very aware of this shortcoming in the squad and would have liked to sign an out and out striker, but they don't grow on trees and they don't come cheap, unless you are lucky enough to just happen on one. O'Neill certainly has potential and Campbell has the ability to score quality goals, but you still feel that there is a piece of the jigsaw waiting to be found.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:36 am

My only real criticism from Saturday was leaving Campbell on the left hand side and playing Donowa through the middle, when he made the substitution. Thought he could have shifted Campbell up top.

However, on another day we would have scored a few.
Craig Liddle is God!!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:29 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:16 pm
H1987 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:07 am
Did I see that Kneeshaw was warming up pre-game? Wouldn't be against that. Another creative option to have.
We were not clinical enough on Saturday, and generally haven't been clinical enough all season - WK does not bring clinical finishing to the table.
No. He doesn't. He brings creativity though. You could argue, in games we are more fancied to win, that you withdraw one of the three central midfielders (Hatfield, Holness and Wheatley) for a more attacking / creative option. That could be Kneeshaw.

Not sure I have an answer for clinical finishing. Those guys cost money we don't have. I'd assume Kneeshaw if he returns would only be a pay as you play arrangement anyway, and extra creative options is never a bad thing.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:54 pm

H1987 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:29 pm

No. He doesn't. He brings creativity though. You could argue, in games we are more fancied to win, that you withdraw one of the three central midfielders (Hatfield, Holness and Wheatley) for a more attacking / creative option. That could be Kneeshaw.

Not sure I have an answer for clinical finishing. Those guys cost money we don't have. I'd assume Kneeshaw if he returns would only be a pay as you play arrangement anyway, and extra creative options is never a bad thing.
Or more likely Thompson. If we get another forward in we need to make sure its something different from what we already have in my opinion.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:32 pm

loan_star wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:54 pm
H1987 wrote:

Or more likely Thompson. If we get another forward in we need to make sure its something different from what we already have in my opinion.
True. But it might happen so AA can take a look at him. You won't get many players on a pay as you play arrangement, and certainly not a target man striker. I think this season we are probably looking at playing without one. Maybe we don't need one. We are 7 games undefeated after all.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:05 pm

We should also have the possibility of Gary Martin in January too

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:07 pm

We're also 1 forward down with Holmes, but I don't know what sort of forward he is as I haven't seen him play.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:28 pm

H1987 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:54 pm
H1987 wrote:

True. But it might happen so AA can take a look at him. You won't get many players on a pay as you play arrangement, and certainly not a target man striker. I think this season we are probably looking at playing without one. Maybe we don't need one. We are 7 games undefeated after all.
Drew Broughton?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

cuppabovril

Post by cuppabovril » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Gary's still waiting for a offer to be put on the table from the club. I hope he signs but if he does that could mean oniel wont be extending his loan. Seen gary at the kiddy game so must be keen

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:24 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:07 pm
We're also 1 forward down with Holmes, but I don't know what sort of forward he is as I haven't seen him play.
'Spaghetti Legs' was sat on the bench on Saturday, I noticed.

I think he's more of a wide forward/winger than a number 9 or 10, but I may be wrong.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Forgot about Martin. But I think we would lose him around March if he's off to play pro in Iceland again? (Can't blame him, sounds like a good gig if you can get it).