Daily Mail report (this one is actually quite good)

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

polam
Team Supported: Darlington

Daily Mail report (this one is actually quite good)

Post by polam » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:27 pm

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Daily Mail report (this one is actually quite good)

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:01 am

Better this time.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:20 am

Excellent report that has the tone just right, young hungry team and fans united in taking the club forward. It also captures well our fans' inbuilt fear and reserve in a tricky test like this after all that has gone before.

Interesting that he refers to the "packed out" away terrace. Tamworth had the travelling army at 408 and the ground guide has that end as holding 850. I think it would have been something of a squeeze with another 442 in there :shock:

Elsewhere in the cup, been hearing reports that it was less than harmonious as the club formerly known as PrideOf were dumped out. By all accounts they were shite and some fans let the players know how they felt about it. A couple of players took exception to it and called the fans out in unsavoury scenes. Yeah, you guessed it, Chandler and Ramshaw. Not sure if a hand shandy gesture was involved :D

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:58 am

chandler's a bad lad. i think the mail should take an interest in this example of why the fabric of society is crumbling -what with the gascoigne affair last week it's important that they found something good coming from the region and took the trouble to produce a decent piece. in fact, quakers might be producing the best football in the northeast at the moment. my hope for the next round is notts county at meadow lane - easier for me to get to, a nice day out for the travelling fans, and we'd play them off the park. :idea:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:05 am

Jason Ainsley did not look a happy bunny in his PMI, having a right go about the ref and him and Roberts having "words" with each other on the highlights.Just makes you wonder how much they were relying on a good cup run....looking like the feelgood factor is swinging away from The Pride and more towards us.
Happy days, now let's get a cracking draw tonight.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:04 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Excellent report that has the tone just right, young hungry team and fans united in taking the club forward. It also captures well our fans' inbuilt fear and reserve in a tricky test like this after all that has gone before.

Interesting that he refers to the "packed out" away terrace. Tamworth had the travelling army at 408 and the ground guide has that end as holding 850. I think it would have been something of a squeeze with another 442 in there :shock:

Elsewhere in the cup, been hearing reports that it was less than harmonious as the club formerly known as PrideOf were dumped out. By all accounts they were shite and some fans let the players know how they felt about it. A couple of players took exception to it and called the fans out in unsavoury scenes. Yeah, you guessed it, Chandler and Ramshaw. Not sure if a hand shandy gesture was involved :D
I think Chand gave Rammer a hand shandyImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk