Tamworth V Darlington Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlobaz791
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tamworth V Darlington Match Thread

Post by darlobaz791 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:06 pm

darlo reborn wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:47 pm
Another is Storey who has stepped up a few levels
Great pun

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Glad someone got it

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:34 pm

onewayup wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:10 pm
Watch the glory hunters, want a ticket for next round.
I certainly hope they do - as many as possible. More money into our coffers and the possibility some get the darlo bug and stick with us.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:11 pm
Anyone calling for Sunderland away or Hartlepool away (did they get through, I haven't checked?) is short sighted.

The OBVIOUS best thing for us is the easiest possible home tie in round 1 because there is £36,000 on it. And we're due a home tie.

Then if we get through round 1 - same again please in round 2 - easiest possible home tie, and there is £54,000 on it.

Then Man U or Newcastle or Sunderland or Middlesbrough away in round 3 - cut of a huge gate will be the icing on the cake.

I cannot understand how anyone would want anything else to happen.
THIS.

We have to consider the best financial path over any football preferences.

Can you imagine the windfall of getting Man UTD away in the 3rd round....and we wouldn't have a desperate single owner chairman partly syphoning the cash for themselves and gambling the rest on the club. I recall Exeter getting Man Utd away in the cup a few years ago.....big windfall for them, but aren't they still in league 2?

I'd surely hope we'd use such a windfall differently.

Anyway - wishful thinking. We'll probably draw Basket Club United in the next round and lose :)

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Darl-Zero wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:45 pm
If we get a big home game then the Arena should be considered if possible. I’m talking Sunderland or Hartlepool level.
Not possible
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:29 pm

Prior to this season we had lost four consecutive home games in the fa cup and fa trophy. Football supposed to level itself out so one more away win seems to be on the agenda my guess knowing our luck is that game will probably take place at somewhere like Bromley. But who cares the way we're playing at the moment I don't think we should fear anyone anywhere.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:22 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:34 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:11 pm
Anyone calling for Sunderland away or Hartlepool away (did they get through, I haven't checked?) is short sighted.

The OBVIOUS best thing for us is the easiest possible home tie in round 1 because there is £36,000 on it. And we're due a home tie.

Then if we get through round 1 - same again please in round 2 - easiest possible home tie, and there is £54,000 on it.

Then Man U or Newcastle or Sunderland or Middlesbrough away in round 3 - cut of a huge gate will be the icing on the cake.

I cannot understand how anyone would want anything else to happen.
THIS.

We have to consider the best financial path over any football preferences.

Can you imagine the windfall of getting Man UTD away in the 3rd round....and we wouldn't have a desperate single owner chairman partly syphoning the cash for themselves and gambling the rest on the club. I recall Exeter getting Man Utd away in the cup a few years ago.....big windfall for them, but aren't they still in league 2?

Anyway - wishful thinking. We'll probably draw Basket Club United in the next round and lose :)
No, man utd not in League 2....but give Ole time.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:24 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:

They probably used it very wisely.
They are fan owned, full time, financially sound, and yes still in Division 2, but currently in a play off position.
Quite an achievement for a club owned by it's supporters trust.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:30 pm

banktopp wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:24 pm
Comfortably_numb wrote:

They are fan owned, full time, financially sound, and yes still in Division 2, but currently in a play off position.
Wow. Just checked and they played Man Utd 15 years ago. Were they fan owned back then?

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:43 pm

Do you get much money from the game being on tv in the first round? As that would be another consideration I guess.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:48 pm

To answer my own question I found figures from last year and it was £67k for a live game and £34k for a replay.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:54 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:24 pm
Comfortably_numb wrote:

Wow. Just checked and they played Man Utd 15 years ago. Were they fan owned back then?
It was Liverpool they played 2/3 years ago and I remember the press at the time saying they would earn £1M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:31 am

quakersam wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:54 pm
Darl-Zero wrote:
If we get a big home game then the Arena should be considered if possible. I’m talking Sunderland or Hartlepool level.
Not possible
It is possible, you can’t move purely for financial reasons but your can for safety reasons. With a large following from say a Sunderland, Ipswich etc I believe you have to put in writing within 5 days the safety reason. So the Arena is possible also I’d imagine the police would also welcome that scenario.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:32 am

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Only way moving grounds is possible would be if the fa reverse the fixture.... No way would we play at the arena you all hate but want to use when suits.....

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 am

Wow, all these wild and wonderful scenarios, accompanied by the odd negativity! Some things never change, but hey come on let's enjoy the fact we have made it to the 1ST ROUND for the first time in 9 years and just see what the draw brings 7pm tomorrow on BBC2.

For the record I would love to have any League 1 ex-Premier League club away (Bolton, Sunderland, Coventry, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Blackpool etc.) and make as much from the tie as possible, as there are no guarantees we'll get to round 3 unless of course we draw the bye! :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 am

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 am
Wow, all these wild and wonderful scenarios, accompanied by the odd negativity! Some things never change, but hey come on let's enjoy the fact we have made it to the 1ST ROUND for the first time in 9 years and just see what the draw brings 7pm tomorrow on BBC2.

For the record I would love to have any League 1 ex-Premier League club away (Bolton, Sunderland, Coventry, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Blackpool etc.) and make as much from the tie as possible, as there are no guarantees we'll get to round 3 unless of course we draw the bye! :thumbup:
In the bye we trust.👌

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:36 am

My post glory hunters was an observation, never intended to be what darlogramps tried to make it .
The more the better as far as bodies through the turnstiles, his perception of the post is just that, his take on it.
Onwards and upwards with DFC .

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:21 am

onewayup wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:36 am
My post glory hunters was an observation, never intended to be what darlogramps tried to make it .
The more the better as far as bodies through the turnstiles, his perception of the post is just that, his take on it.
:silent: :silent: :silent:

Darlogramps

Tamworth V Darlington Match Thread

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:26 am

onewayup wrote:My post glory hunters was an observation, never intended to be what darlogramps tried to make it .
I mean this makes no sense. An observation would have exactly the same intention - you’re still having a go at new fans attending the first round as gloryhunters.

We all read it. We all saw exactly what you meant (Quakers85 for example read it in the same way as me).

Stop spinning, stop digging that hole. Put down your spade and move on.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:03 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:Can't switch ties any more.

quakersam wrote:
Darl-Zero wrote:
Not possible
Games can be moved on safety grounds, I remember Newcastle playing Hayes and Yeading in the mid-2000's and the game being moved to Loftus Road on local police advice

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:14 am

Yeah the rules linked here say games can be shifted on safety grounds, subject to agreement from the police and other relevant authorities.

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/776fdc2c66 ... 7463a.ashx

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Wonder if the view was spoiled for those behind by those stood at the front of the boards.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:09 pm

I didn't go yesterday but just seen the goals. O'Neil is really on form - scores two and sets up the other :clap:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:16 pm

What about Hatfield winning back the ball twice for 2 of our goals. Turnbull's replacement and then some.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:25 pm

Completely different player to Turnbull though. Hatfield is a genuine box to box player, the like of we’ve not seen for some time.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:38 pm

divas wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:25 pm
Completely different player to Turnbull though. Hatfield is a genuine box to box player, the like of we’ve not seen for some time.
More of Leon Scott than a Phil Turnbull.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:14 am
Yeah the rules linked here say games can be shifted on safety grounds, subject to agreement from the police and other relevant authorities.

We’re a National League North club, not some basket case Step 5/6 team

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:15 pm

quakersam wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:58 pm
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:14 am

We’re a National League North club, not some basket case Step 5/6 team
Our league has very little to do with it.

The relevant section says non-league clubs playing EFL/PL clubs can have their game moved on safety grounds if the the home club/police/relevant authorities feel it's appropriate to do so.

For a tie to be played on the ground of a Club outside The FA Premier League or English
Football League playing a Club from The FA Premier League or The English Football
League, the Home Club shall take all necessary steps to liaise with the local enforcing
authority and/or Police to assess the suitability from a safety or security point of view of
staging a tie at the ground. Any such assessment shall be completed within three days of
the date of the Draw (or the date of the drawn tie in the case of a replay) or such longer
period as shall be agreed by The Association.
The Home Club shall forthwith notify the outcome of the assessment to The Association
along with such documentation supporting the assessment as may be required by The
Association.
The Association will decide whether to allow and require the match to be played at such
ground or not, taking into account the assessment and any supporting documentation.
In the event that The Association allows and requires the match to be played at that
ground, the Away Club may still lodge a protest under the provision of Competition Rule
9(b) if applicable.
In the event that The Association decides not to allow the match to be played at that
ground then the first alternative ground shall be the nearest suitable ground subject to
the agreement of the Professional Game Board.

As we've staged a 3,000 capacity game at Blackwell Meadows before, I find it very unlikely we would be moved. But that's my own guesswork - the rules state it can be moved on safety grounds if the relevant authorities think it needs to be.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Fair enough, but don’t know why anyone would want to go play a game at The Arena (bar financials), horrible place to watch football

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:23 pm

Equally, if we did have to move the game to the Arena on "safety grounds" I don't think we're allowed to make more money from it - I think we still take 50% of our actual capacity on gate receipts, and anything over that goes into a neutral pot for the FA (their Christmas party fund, probably!)

I read this somewhere last week I think - if I manage to dig up the link off my work machine tomorrow I'll post it here
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website