George Reynolds in Teesside Magistrates Court Today

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by spen666 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:53 am

I understand he is appearing before the magistrates court today for alleged harassment of a planning official

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... arassment/

Is there anyone on this forum who doesn't wish the prosecution all the luck in the world?

Darlo_Pete

Re: George Reynolds in Teesside Magistrates Court Today

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:31 pm

George doesn't look to have gained any fashion sense or thinking that he is above the law. :D

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:44 pm

Lock him up

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Uncle George further trashing the idea he’s a bloke with his heart in the right place who meant well.

Good. He’s a horrible piece of work.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Found guilty, but given a paltry fine. :problem:

Up to his old tricks of turning up on doorsteps. To intimidate a woman, no less.

Scum.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:16 pm

H1987 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:53 pm
Found guilty, but given a paltry fine. :problem:

Up to his old tricks of turning up on doorsteps. To intimidate a woman, no less.

Scum.
Was he represented by Spen ? who claimed George was suffering from dementia.
Usually does the trick when old criminals, politicians, rich businessmen end up in court.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Was this really worth taking to court. Hardly as if it was months or even weeks of harassment. You could swear reynolds did this for publicity as he has not been in the limelight for a while. Whats he want opening new business for at his age. Most at his age would be happy to watch tv and read the paper every day and enjoy the odd wall
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:48 pm

H1987 wrote:
Is it worse to intimidate a woman? If not, then there is no point in highlighting that it was a woman.

But yeah, what a horrible man. 83 years old as well!

Why's he not retired?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 pm

shildonlad wrote:Was this really worth taking to court.
Evidently the British judicial system thought so.

But perhaps you know better than this country’s legal minds.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:48 pm
H1987 wrote:
Is it worse to intimidate a woman? If not, then there is no point in highlighting that it was a woman.

Why's he not retired?
Cause he's got nothing to retire to, work is all he has.

I saw this earlier and it dawned on me it was 20 years ago when he first bought the club!

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet the Old Quaker TV channel on YouTube is well worth a gander, that 1999/00 season was unforgettable I don't think any of us imagined 20 years down the line we'd be in the Conference North and ground sharing with the Rugby Club.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 pm

I dont just going of other crimes that have seemed more serious than this but have not gone to court. Im sure the resident legal eagle on here can chip in as appropriate ha ha
Last edited by shildonlad on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:15 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:51 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:48 pm
H1987 wrote:

Why's he not retired?
Cause he's got nothing to retire to, work is all he has.

I saw this earlier and it dawned on me it was 20 years ago when he first bought the club!

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet the Old Quaker TV channel on YouTube is well worth a gander, that 1999/00 season was unforgettable I don't think any of us imagined 20 years down the line we'd be in the Conference North and ground sharing with the Rugby Club.
Yeah ive seen a few videos from that channel and brought it back to me how much reynolds was in the media back then and the boy done good programmes were a hoot. That season was my 1st taste of seen league football and it sure was entertaining. Who would have thought a couple of seasons later it would go so sour

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:31 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

I dont just going of other crimes that have seemed more serious than this but have not gone to court. Im sure the resident legal eagle on here can chip in as appropriate ha ha
Evidently you do think you know better, as you’re questioning the decision.

Who to trust more?

The apparatus of the British legal system, or an illiterate Gateshead-supporting halfwit on an online messageboard.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:12 pm

He was the main story on Look North this evening, what a sorry individual he looked.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:31 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Who to trust more?

The apparatus of the British legal system, or an illiterate Gateshead-supporting halfwit on an online messageboard.
Is there really any need for such an abusive reply? He has the right to his own opinion, without receiving abuse in return.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:04 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:31 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Who to trust more?

Is there really any need for such an abusive reply? He has the right to his own opinion, without receiving abuse in return.
Bless you. You seem to think someone with the grammatical ability of a five-year-old is entitled to say he knows better than the British judicial system.

Again, just because someone has an opinion doesn’t mean it’s entitled to be respected. He has the right to express his opinion, but then I can express my opinion on his opinion and so on.

Henley

Post by Henley » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:06 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:31 pm
George doesn't look to have gained any fashion sense
I thought George Melly was dead?!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:18 pm

Henley...to quote Brian Blessed-ish...you’re alive!

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Im not claiming to be a legal expert and calling someone illiterate because you don't agree with there opinion aint called for. I still stand by what i said theres far more important things for the courts to sort out than some frail 83 year old bloke knocking on a councillors door and sending a couple of nasty letters. Surprised it made it to court at all. Over to you spen for the legal stuff

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:40 am

shildonlad wrote:Im not claiming to be a legal expert and calling someone illiterate because you don't agree with there opinion aint called for. I still stand by what i said theres far more important things for the courts to sort out than some frail 83 year old bloke knocking on a councillors door and sending a couple of nasty letters. Surprised it made it to court at all. Over to you spen for the legal stuff
I’m calling you illiterate because you’re illiterate. Nothing to do with whether I agree with you or not.

I suggest you take it up with the courts, if you’ve got an issue. Maybe start a campaign - Absolve the Shildon One, seeing as you’re such a supporter.

And if you believe George Reynolds is some poor, confused, frail, little old man, you’re an even bigger moron than I thought you were. The man is a charlatan and a nasty piece of work.

How do we know this? Well he was found guilty yesterday by the courts.

You say you’re not claiming to be a legal expert, but then make a series of comments about the judicial system and how Reynolds’ case shouldn’t have ended up in court. So pretending you know better than the courts is exactly what you’re doing.

It’s also bizarre you think turning up at people’s houses and sending them intimidating letters is acceptable behaviour.

You’re doing yourself no favours here whatsoever. Your refusal to admit you’re wrong, and your doubling down by siding with Reynolds, means my initial description of illiterate halfwit is quite an accurate one.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:55 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:40 am
shildonlad wrote:Im not claiming to be a legal expert and calling someone illiterate because you don't agree with there opinion aint called for. I still stand by what i said theres far more important things for the courts to sort out than some frail 83 year old bloke knocking on a councillors door and sending a couple of nasty letters. Surprised it made it to court at all. Over to you spen for the legal stuff
I’m calling you illiterate because you’re illiterate. Nothing to do with whether I agree with you or not.

I suggest you take it up with the courts, if you’ve got an issue. Maybe start a campaign - Absolve the Shildon One, seeing as you’re such a supporter.

And if you believe George Reynolds is some poor, confused, frail, little old man, you’re an even bigger moron than I thought you were. The man is a charlatan and a nasty piece of work.

So you claim you know better than the British judicial system. I think we all know who to trust.

It’s also bizarre you think turning up at people’s houses and sending them intimidating letters is acceptable behaviour.

You’re doing yourself no favours here whatsoever. Your refusal to admit you’re wrong, and your doubling down by siding with Reynolds, means my initial description of illiterate halfwit is quite an accurate one.
Want some salt for that chip on your shoulder. I’m not saying what george did was ok but surely a warning and a restraining order would have been sufficient

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:21 am

shildonlad wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:55 am
Darlogramps wrote:

So you claim you know better than the British judicial system. I think we all know who to trust.

Want some salt for that chip on your shoulder. I’m not saying what george did was ok but surely a warning and a restraining order would have been sufficient
You have to understand that Darlogramps is never, ever wrong. About anything. It's best to let him ramble on without responding. If nobody replies to his juvenile invective, eventually he gets bored and shuts up.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:21 am

shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Evidently the British judicial system didn’t think that. And I’m taking a flier on this, but I suspect the magistrate who presided over the case will know far better than you.

Maybe you’re trying to tap Reynolds up to invest in Gateshead. Maybe that’s why you’re so keen to defend him.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:22 am

darlo2001uk wrote:
shildonlad wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:55 am
Darlogramps wrote:

You have to understand that Darlogramps is never, ever wrong. About anything. It's best to let him ramble on without responding. If nobody replies to his juvenile invective, eventually he gets bored and shuts up.
Wonderful irony in your post there. Let’s see if you can work it out.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:34 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:21 am
shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Evidently the British judicial system didn’t think that. And I’m taking a flier on this, but I suspect the magistrate who presided over the case will know far better than you.

Maybe you’re trying to tap Reynolds up to invest in Gateshead. Maybe that’s why you’re so keen to defend him.
Ha ha you have a funny sense of humour, i think reynolds days in football have gone. Whilst i think he is very good comedy entertainment hes a dodgy coward who has only been threatening with his henchmen

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:49 am

“Good comedy entertainment”. Yep, a convicted criminal who bullies and harasses people, and whose financial incompetence ruined lives and destroyed Darlington FC is a laugh a minute. This is part of the problem, people like you actually find Reynolds a source of amusement.

Just to point out as well, you said earlier the case shouldn’t have gone to court. You then said “a restraining order would have been sufficient”.

Well according to the Ministry of Justice, restraining orders can only be issued by a court. So there you go - perhaps try informing yourself before opening your illiterate mouth next time.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:19 am

Well, he's not been locked up but he has a restraining order and £1280 in fine, cost and for the victim. I'm sure he wore that suit at Halifax away in league 2. The literacy debate has raged before....

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:16 am

Talk about overreaction.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:00 pm

Yeah, I do think it’s worse to intimidate a woman, and I don’t think that’s an particularly controversial opinion?!

How would you feel if it was your partner, your mother, your sister?

Yes, turning up on someone’s doorstep and trying to intimidate them is a scumbags trick regardless of who it involves, but I’ve absolutely no time for anyone who thinks it’s acceptable, or it’s the same thing as doing it to a bloke who would be able to physically defend themselves, it’s not.

Harassment isn’t trivial, and women are frequently the victims of it far more so than men. Sad to see a minority on here excusing this. He has a pattern of behavior, and that fine doesn’t do anything at all. An absolute stain of a man.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:43 pm

H1987 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:00 pm
Yeah, I do think it’s worse to intimidate a woman, and I don’t think that’s an particularly controversial opinion?!

How would you feel if it was your partner, your mother, your sister?
I'd be bloody annoyed.

The same as if it was my brother, my dad, or my mate.