Bradford PA...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Bradford PA...

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:39 am

In the interests of fairness regarding Campbell it should be pointed out that he's our top scorer with 3 goals in 7 games, a strike ratio of just about 43%. The previous game he earned us a point with a fantastic strike when all seemed lost and yesterday was only a couple of inches away from notching his 4th goal in 7.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:48 am

My lad was moaning about his first touch so I really rubbed it in when he scored that beauty! We need to give him time and not get on his back. Some of his goals on the net are excellent.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:39 pm

Do like O'Neill, but he is only on loan & we need to find a solution up front that will see us through the whole season. Campbell has good skills but lacks the necessary selfish streak a CF needs, but good to have him in the squad. He gives Thommo some competition and usually puts in a shift pressing and supporting, not to mention decent deadball kick that got us a point at Altrincham. Donawa has potential & will develop given a chance and some positive coaching. Rivers is tricky and only needs confidence to improve that final ball into the box. Having a Beck-like target in the middle as CF would help him. To summarize, AA is only one piece of the jigsaw away from a good forward line that would trouble most NLN teams.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:56 pm

AA would love a target man. He said as much to myself and Quakerman2 post-Motherwell. Thing is big target men are rare and/or expensive these days as the fashion among the bigger clubs/academies is now to sign small, mobile forwards, hence why there are more of them knocking around at lower levels. I’d never thought about this but it makes sense

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Did Bradford player Headley not get two yellow cards ,I saw he got one in the first half, and I thought it was him getting another in the second half near the right side of tin shed end.maybe someone else got the second booking. I honestly thought Headley had been given his second.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:35 pm

I was pleased to hear my suggestion for Quakers show-biz affiliations being followed up yesterday with Doris Day belting it out before the match - and in a way Doris is dead right; what will be will be. I believe AA has done so well to pick the club up that maybe, just sometimes, it's easy to be unrealistic and start moaning unfairly. So what if Thompson had a 'mare we know how good he generally is and sniping at Campbell seems very harsh. Don't forget the laudable pre-season view that mid-table and a few cup wins would suffice - I feel we're well set for that even if it is going to mean some poor stuff like Monday. As Doris would say we're a long way from the deadwood stage.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Great weather today, should hopefully boost the crowd, although can't see many coming from Bradford PA, hopefully over 1500.
I think the attendance ended up just short of the 1500 you mentioned...

1491 rings a bell

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:05 pm

someone calling Campbell shocking??? Christ

someone else saying they deserved to win...what?!?!

Our performance wasn't anywhere near the standards we should be, but we were comfortably the better team. We still created enough chances to win and win well. It just didn't happen. Not going to cry about it too much. Thought O'Neill was a massive miss and we got better when he came on.

Thompson was the person I would have brought off on Monday with Donawa moving to the left. Thompson was as poor as I could remember, but everyone are allowed their off days.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:31 pm

Because we had a lot of the ball doesn't make us comfortably the better team. They set up to give us a lot of the ball. For eighty minutes we did little with it, save a couple of set pieces.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:06 pm

I see that Liam Hughes played up front for Bradford PA yesterday, he left Stratford after TW's sacking. God knows how many signings Bradford have made this season. They're on their third management team and each one has signed loads of players, only for them to be recycled by the next lot in charge. Four new signings were unveiled by Bower on Saturday with probably more to come.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:10 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I see that Liam Hughes played up front for Bradford PA yesterday, he left Stratford after TW's sacking. God knows how many signings Bradford have made this season. They're on their third management team and each one has signed loads of players, only for them to be recycled by the next lot in charge. Four new signings were unveiled by Bower on Saturday with probably more to come.
That's where Tommy went wrong by not playing him up front Image

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk