Saturday

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Saturday

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 am

It may be Holness needs another 90 mins too.
Good that we have the options though.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:39 am

I was surprised how effective Rivers was when he was moved into the middle and Campbell clearly relished playing with ONeil.

The main thing I took from Wednesday was the fitness levels are way higher than what we’ve seen before. Gateshead were blowing after 70 mins and they’re full time.

We may only have one point so far but I’m really impressed with the transformation AA has overseen. I’m really looking forward to match today and that wasn’t the case last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlodarlo

Post by carlodarlo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:39 am

Good thread and good debate. Personally I wouldn't change formation, I think we have enough cover to not have to resort to that. I'd go Elliot, Watson (LB), Tez and Laing (CB), Liddle (RB), Thommo (LM), Rivers and Hatfield (CM), Donawa (RM), O'Neil and Campbell (CF).

Rivers in centre midfield is not something I would have gone for but when that happened on Wednesday we started to play better. I like legs in the centre of midfield that can drive forward and he offers that more than Holness for me. Donowa I reckon did enough in his 25 mins to earn a starting place. If Atkinson is fit then I'd start him right back and shift Liddle back to left back. Good to see we still have options despite picking up the two injuries on Wednesday. Looking forward to today!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:29 am

Hi Arseendoffit , do you want to change your thread title to Darlington V Kettering Town ? just easier when looking back at the game in the future :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

darlobaz791

Post by darlobaz791 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:30 am

I’d go with Elliot, Holliday, Liddle, Laing, Heaton, Bascome, Hatfield, Thommo, Donawa, O’Neill and Campbell.

AA will go with Elliot, Liddle, Watson, Galbraith, Laing, Hatfield, Bascome, Rivers, Thommo, O’Neill and Campbell

Think we need to swap Omar out although I really like him, he is too similar to Hatfield. So think Bascome might be given a go. Really want to see Donawa start but don’t think AA will do that yet. Neither do I like a lefty at right back so would prefer Cam Holliday but Watson is more likely. Lots of good selection problems.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:23 am

So what do we know about Kettering Town? Got promoted last season so should have a solid squad.
With this wind hoof ball is definitely out :thumbup:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Bloody Daniel Nti playing for them. Always seems to have a cracking game against us.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:23 am
So what do we know about Kettering Town? Got promoted last season so should have a solid squad.
With this wind hoof ball is definitely out :thumbup:
Manager left in summer despite getting promoted.

All is not rosy at Kettering

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 am

darlobaz791 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:30 am
I’d go with Elliot, Holliday, Liddle, Laing, Heaton, Bascome, Hatfield, Thommo, Donawa, O’Neill and Campbell.

AA will go with Elliot, Liddle, Watson, Galbraith, Laing, Hatfield, Bascome, Rivers, Thommo, O’Neill and Campbell

Think we need to swap Omar out although I really like him, he is too similar to Hatfield. So think Bascome might be given a go. Really want to see Donawa start but don’t think AA will do that yet. Neither do I like a lefty at right back so would prefer Cam Holliday but Watson is more likely. Lots of good selection problems.
Spot on with the predictions. Hope you put some numbers on the lottery!

darlobaz791

Post by darlobaz791 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:38 am

jjljks wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:54 am
darlobaz791 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:30 am

Spot on with the predictions. Hope you put some numbers on the lottery!
Lol! I’ll try again today and see if I’m right!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:46 am

I'll be happy with a win today hopefully starting us off on a run of picking up points every week.