Josh Heaton

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo999
Team Supported: Darlington

Josh Heaton

Post by darlo999 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:59 pm

Has had his contract mutual terminated with St Mirren. I personally would have back tomorrow if possible, but imagine he'll end up at Kiddy.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_Pete

Re: Josh Heaton

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:11 pm

darlo999 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:59 pm
Has had his contract mutual terminated with St Mirren. I personally would have back tomorrow if possible, but imagine he'll end up at Kiddy.
Well seeing he's already at Kidderminster, I think that is highly likely. Really sorry that it didn't work out for Josh up in Scotland, I'm sure in time he will prove that it was a bad mistake for St Mirren to let him go. Bang goes our chances of getting something from our sell on clause.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:32 pm

He’s on trial at Chorley, or at least was.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:41 am

I don't think he'll end up at Kidderminster. His four-month loan spell there didn't go very well and he ended up only playing 5 times with 3 sub appearances. His move to Scotland couldn't have finished up much worse. Everything seemed to go wrong after looking like he was destined for big things when he left us. Weren't Boro also interested in signing him at that stage?

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:48 am

St Mirren will probably be looking at the wider picture regretting appointing Alan Stubbs as manager. They were very fortunate to stay up in the end beating Dundee Utd in a play off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:43 pm

very harsh article on the BBC sport website about him - Stubbs got sacked very early on before Heaton got a chance in the first team, and then the new manager didn't fancy him so he never got a look in.
I am surprised he hasn't came back as he is still young enough to get another shot, not doubt his agent will be trying to get him a club, but sometimes its good to come back to play where you feel comfortable and are well liked by the fans.
By the sounds of it he has lost all confidence, this is what this club gave him, come back Josh!!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:55 pm

As much as he may be an improvement on current options, I think we're well covered at the back now so any remaining budget needs to go elsewhere.

Shame it didn't work out but I'm sure he'll get picked up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:41 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:43 pm
very harsh article on the BBC sport website about him - Stubbs got sacked very early on before Heaton got a chance in the first team, and then the new manager didn't fancy him so he never got a look in.
I am surprised he hasn't came back as he is still young enough to get another shot, not doubt his agent will be trying to get him a club, but sometimes its good to come back to play where you feel comfortable and are well liked by the fans.
By the sounds of it he has lost all confidence, this is what this club gave him, come back Josh!!
Why is it a harsh article it merely states the facts that he only played two games. It doesn't mention how good or bad he was?

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:55 pm

I think it'd take a long time for Josh to get back to where he was. Remember it's a player that has barely played since he played for us. Will be difficult to get himself back in shape, unless he goes somewhere where he is guaranteed first team football

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:38 pm

posted a pic on his Twitter account with a Darlo Shirt - with happy days mentioned.
Get him back Alun.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:48 am

Will be at today's game

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:10 am

He’s currently on trial, I’m amazed given the amount of defenders we have including Burn!

Would love him back at the club but not sure we can afford to have four centre backs.

piggy

Post by piggy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:22 am

You never know Armstrong might have found a club to take Burn on loan and cover some of his wages. There was talk of Whitby being interested a week or two ago. Surprised Heaton is on trial , would be quite a coup if we could get him back.
Last edited by piggy on Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:24 am

Darlo_CR wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:10 am
He’s currently on trial, I’m amazed given the amount of defenders we have including Burn!

Would love him back at the club but not sure we can afford to have four centre backs.
Agree but maybe Burn is going out on loan to free up some wages?

Would love Heaton back.

Edit: Just seen piggy post re loan so maybe Burn is going?

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:

I've lost track of the CB's we have but if Galbraith is not included then he can possibly revert back to LB or midfield cover? Can someone list our current defensive options.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:22 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:01 pm
Darlo_CR wrote:

I've lost track of the CB's we have but if Galbraith is not included then he can possibly revert back to LB or midfield cover? Can someone list our current defensive options.
We have:
Burn
Galbraith
Laing
Watson
Atkinson (although he can play RB or in the midfield)

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:44 pm

Get him back ,still very young and let AA develop him further.Great in both boxes, if Burn goes this would be brilliant business for us, A no brained for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Also the benefit of not having to rush him in to the first team given the cover we have. He can be eased back in to give him time to get match fit again given his length of time without regular games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:28 pm

He's tweeted "Great to be back. Can't wait for the new season."

Has to be said, he looked good today.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:31 pm

What a defence we have now! :shock:

Going from Hughes, Burn, Galbraith and Ainge to Laing, Heaton, Galbraith and Watson is a massive improvement!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:47 pm

LoidLucan wrote:He's tweeted "Great to be back. Can't wait for the new season."

Has to be said, he looked good today.
Blimey, wonder if we have signed him reading into that tweet.I did hear a rumour though and if we have got him I am sure our management duo will make him even better.Fabulous news if true, not bothered what happened in Scotland, he was excellent for us and will get better under AA.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:51 pm

Really wondering where tez fits into this equation mind. Pretty sure liddle will be our starting left back.

Nice problem to have though.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:56 pm

Great news if he has signed.

We now have Galbraith/Watson for left centre back and Laing/Heaton right centre.

Laing I dint know how the Pools didn't rate him I have been really impressed with him so far. Can't wait for the season to start. Bring it on.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:09 pm

Are we going to play 5 at the back? ;)

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:50 pm

quakerste wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:56 pm
Great news if he has signed.

We now have Galbraith/Watson for left centre back and Laing/Heaton right centre.

Laing I dint know how the Pools didn't rate him I have been really impressed with him so far. Can't wait for the season to start. Bring it on.
Agree on Laing, I was expecting someone who would make mistake after mistake but he has looked excellent signing. See how he does in the real stuff but I can see why Armstrong has signed him.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:55 pm

If he has signed (which based on his tweet it certainly looks like he has) and gets back to the levels he was at in his previous spell, then our defence is looking superb. Laing has looked very good so far, Watson too, and we know Galbraith is solid.

The only thing the squad appears to be missing is a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker, which of course aren't easily found! Hopefully Campbell comes good on that front - he's certainly a talented footballer.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:05 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:55 pm
If he has signed (which based on his tweet it certainly looks like he has) and gets back to the levels he was at in his previous spell, then our defence is looking superb. Laing has looked very good so far, Watson too, and we know Galbraith is solid.

The only thing the squad appears to be missing is a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker, which of course aren't easily found! Hopefully Campbell comes good on that front - he's certainly a talented footballer.
I agree with this however the forward line of Thompson, Campbell, O'Neill and Rivers was frightening today! With Holmes and Bell as options on the bench, I feel like we will score plenty!

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:19 pm

There was a decent run of games in Heaton’s last spell where he was laughably good. Won everything, distributed the ball effortlessly and barely looked like he was breaking sweat. It was no surprise we got decent money for him.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:44 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:51 pm
Really wondering where tez fits into this equation mind. Pretty sure liddle will be our starting left back.

Can imagine Laing, Heaton & Galbraith being rotated. Liddle & Watson to cover LB, Trotman at right-back (but bare in mind that we have no cover for Luke meaning one of Watson or Liddle will have to swap across like they did at Blyth).

Burn clearly isn’t rated, and rightly so.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
tdk1 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:51 pm

Can imagine Laing, Heaton & Galbraith being rotated. Liddle & Watson to cover LB, Trotman at right-back (but bare in mind that we have no cover for Luke meaning one of Watson or Liddle will have to swap across like they did at Blyth).

Burn clearly isn’t rated, and rightly so.
Atkinson covers RB and we have the young lad who’s had plenty of involvement in preseason. Also I’m sure someone like Wheatley could slot in if desperate (once fit)