Trottman

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Trottman

Post by onewayup » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:15 pm

Is Luke Trottman about to leave ? ,seems he's the only one doing long distance, and that's just uneconomical
For anyone. Be a shame to lose him but that's football.

AndyPark

Re: Trottman

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:09 pm

What makes you think he is leaving?

AA has said he wants to keep him, so unless someone comes in with a bid - He is staying.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:36 pm

I think it's a difficult situation with the distance he's having to travel on his own two three times a week , as I think AA would want the whole team at training. Just my take on things that have been said, hope he stays but I have reservations .

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:25 pm

onewayup wrote:I think it's a difficult situation with the distance he's having to travel on his own two three times a week , as I think AA would want the whole team at training. Just my take on things that have been said, hope he stays but I have reservations .
Travelling has never made a difference to Luke’s performances. He’s always been full of running. Can’t comment on training as I’m not sure if he attends every session

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:26 pm

What's his living situation? He's studying at Loughborough for another year isn't he?

Does he live that way, or further south, or somewhere between Darlo and Loughborough?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:42 pm

onewayup wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:15 pm
Is Luke Trottman about to leave ? ,seems he's the only one doing long distance, and that's just uneconomical
For anyone. Be a shame to lose him but that's football.
More guessology.More 2+2=5.Give over.

bga

Post by bga » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:43 pm

Spyman wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:26 pm
What's his living situation? He's studying at Loughborough for another year isn't he?

Does he live that way, or further south, or somewhere between Darlo and Loughborough?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yep I think it was mentioned last season he starts his Final year at Loughborough in Sept or October, so no distractions for the first few weeks of the season? I understand the need for players to attend training to work on fitness and tactics etc. However, Luke probably has the best fitness facilities where he studies so I have no doubts he will be one of the fittest players again this season. (I'd give him Tuesday nights off!) Mind you there was not that much competition last season was there?

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:29 pm

I posed the question as I was told today it might just happen, very happy if he stays and would love to see him performing week in week out for Darlington FC .I personally believe he's the best right back in this league.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:46 am

Think it's obvious that Trotman will be contemplating options, who wants to do all that travelling on your own every week. We either look to get something now or we keep him for the year and allow him to leave for free at the end of the season.

I would like him to stay for this season, to keep some stability but this will result in us losing out on any payment for him. However if you have developed a player under a certain age what's the rules around being entitled to some payment anyhow.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:51 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:46 am
Think it's obvious that Trotman will be contemplating options, who wants to do all that travelling on your own every week. We either look to get something now or we keep him for the year and allow him to leave for free at the end of the season.

I would like him to stay for this season, to keep some stability but this will result in us losing out on any payment for him. However if you have developed a player under a certain age what's the rules around being entitled to some payment anyhow.
Surely once this season is out of the way he could relocate up north though as he'll have finished studying? Not saying he will, and may not want to, although if he fancies a career in full time football he'll probably have to get used to moving around anyway.

If he's in his final year, how likely is it he'll go full-time this season anyway? I can't see us getting much for him from another part-time club, so our best bet may be trying to get him signed up beyond this season and moving him on to a full-time club for a fee once he graduates.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC