Friendly kick off times

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mister e
Team Supported: Darlington

Friendly kick off times

Post by Mister e » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:48 pm

During the course of the season all our fixtures at Blackwell meadows are 3pm kick off. Just wondering if anybody has any idea why the Motherwell friendly is scheduled for 2pm there is public transport back to Scotland I've checked the train times. Also the Middlesbrough under 21 game is scheduled to kick off at 1pm has a night worker probably along with several more of our fans whose shift sometime doesn't finish until 7am in the morning I'm not going to go out of my way foregoing sleep for two meaningless fixtures.

Emdubya

Re: Friendly kick off times

Post by Emdubya » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:11 pm

Mister e wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:48 pm
During the course of the season all our fixtures at Blackwell meadows are 3pm kick off. Just wondering if anybody has any idea why the Motherwell friendly is scheduled for 2pm there is public transport back to Scotland I've checked the train times. Also the Middlesbrough under 21 game is scheduled to kick off at 1pm has a night worker probably along with several more of our fans whose shift sometime doesn't finish until 7am in the morning I'm not going to go out of my way foregoing sleep for two meaningless fixtures.
Oh well,we will just have to manage without you.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:59 pm

Mister e wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:48 pm
So are they meaningless to you because of the kick off times (in which case, that's bizarre), or are they meaningless regardless of kick off times (in which case you shouldn't care what time they kick off)?

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:26 pm

Well considering the club are always saying they need money and had I've stated in my original thread we probably have several of our fan base who are night shift workers. In a similar vein to why our midweek league gates are always lower. The two games I've mentioned has I've said are not competitive fixtures to start with hence it hardly gives anyone an incentive to lose two hours sleep that's all I was stating. After all they are other things to do at this time of year i.e days out in the country or at the seaside. we got smashed by Motherwell last season anyway. All my point was is why change the traditional kick off time if you look at the list of friendlies in the weeks non league paper I don't see many other clubs doing it - why is it is who always have to be different?

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:27 pm

Well considering the club are always saying they need money and had I've stated in my original thread we probably have several of our fan base who are night shift workers. In a similar vein to why our midweek league gates are always lower. The two games I've mentioned has I've said are not competitive fixtures to start with hence it hardly gives anyone an incentive to lose two hours sleep that's all I was stating. After all they are other things to do at this time of year i.e days out in the country or at the seaside. we got smashed by Motherwell last season anyway. All my point was is why change the traditional kick off time if you look at the list of friendlies in the weeks non league paper I don't see many other clubs doing it - why is it is who always have to be different?

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Apologies for the double post

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:45 pm

I suppose there may be several fans working from 6pm who might be delighted that they can attend these meaningless fixtures. You can please some of the people.....

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:49 pm

Mister e wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:29 pm
Apologies for the double post
I'd rather you apologised for saying "has" instead of "as"