More signings pls xoxo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: More signings pls xoxo

Post by divas » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:09 pm

I’m sure he will as will all players released at that level but doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. If he’s wanting to stay local he’s already massively reduced his options.

Darlogramps

More signings pls xoxo

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 pm

divas wrote:I’m sure he will as will all players released at that level but doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. If he’s wanting to stay local he’s already massively reduced his options.
Depends how local he’s wanting to stay. I’ve not read anything saying he wants to definitively stay only in the North East. Happy for you to correct me if you’ve seen otherwise.

His spell at Eastleigh was reduced because of homesickness, but at Accrington it wasn’t (more him getting injured then not playing).
So is there anything suggesting he would reject a move to the North West/Yorkshire. Maybe even Midlands areas? Depends how much he wants professional football vs home comforts I guess.

Personally I wouldn’t be massively keen. From what I’ve read from SAFC fans on his ability, he seems another Maddison. Always has a clanger in him.

Like I say though, I’d be surprised if he decided to drop to part-time level with us.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjlewis1k89

Post by jjlewis1k89 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:44 am

Think Maddison had the potential to be a decent keeper but he got off to a bad start making errors against Curzon and Spenny which dented his confidence. He lost the fans and eventually lost TW trust and was replaced. Don’t think it helped that the team weren’t playing well and there was a generally negativity towards the team and TW.

He could turn out like Jameson where he goes to a club that can build his confidence back up and he becomes a good keeper. Would of been interesting to see if AA could of done to Maddison what he did for Jameson, but I guess we’ll never know???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:31 pm

I think Maddison just seemed to be error-prone and inconsistent over a long period of time and was given every chance to prove himself. His unreliability helped to spread the jitters right through the defence. It was a relief when Turner arrived and we were reminded what a safe, reliable, solid keeper can do for the team.

Maddison was one of several errors of judgement by TW and in the end he had to admit that he got it wrong after seeing him in action and in training (with no doubt input from keeper coaches on whether his inadequacies could be sorted) for the best part of a season.

There's no way we could have handed out another contract based on what we saw last season and based on hope that maybe he might be better next time.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:43 pm

York already saying that they have keeper who has agreed to sign, so assume that may be jamerson?, so we have a keeper and centre forward, (who can score goals) to find and we will have a decent team to build on as the year progresses. AA may well bring the best out of the team and develop who we have. I personally was ok with Maddison as he did have a defence that was a touch prone to errors in front of him, and footy is part a confidence game. We have a few fans who can destroy a players confidence forgetting that we are in a league where mistakes will be made by part time players. Saw a tv programme the other week where they had a moaners corner, wonder if we should have one?😆

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Watson said the keeper is currently on holiday and sure Jameson was away a couple of weeks ago but may be wrong.Don't think AA can wait forever for a decision from Pete and should really be going after his 2nd option IMO.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Watson said the keeper is currently on holiday and sure Jameson was away a couple of weeks ago but may be wrong.Don't think AA can wait forever for a decision from Pete and should really be going after his 2nd option IMO.

AA confirmed Jameson is currently on holiday so looks like he is the keeper Watson seems confident of signing.